Please judge this.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

shotgunner

Please don't argue over this. It's not something to argue over. It's just a personal thought and I have no animosity toward anyone who doesn't agree or even want to consider it. Neither do I wish to take any special credit.

J

JesusistheChrist

Please don't argue over this. It's not something to argue over. It's just a personal thought and I have no animosity toward anyone who doesn't agree or even want to consider it. Neither do I wish to take any special credit.
I'm just being playful.

R

RachelBibleStudent

The following is a revelation I believe I received from the Holy Spirit. It's not in scripture but I would like some of you to comment and tell me what you think. This is just a thought for personal edification, not for my edification but anyone who receives it and can benefit from it. It is not a teachable doctrine nor is it meant to be.

John 2:1-11King James Version (KJV)2 And the third day there was a marriage in Cana of Galilee; and the mother of Jesus was there:
[SUP]2 [/SUP]And both Jesus was called, and his disciples, to the marriage.
[SUP]3 [/SUP]And when they wanted wine, the mother of Jesus saith unto him, They have no wine.
[SUP]4 [/SUP]Jesus saith unto her, Woman, what have I to do with thee? mine hour is not yet come.
[SUP]5 [/SUP]His mother saith unto the servants, Whatsoever he saith unto you, do it.
[SUP]6 [/SUP]And there were set there six waterpots of stone, after the manner of the purifying of the Jews, containing two or three firkins apiece.
[SUP]7 [/SUP]Jesus saith unto them, Fill the waterpots with water. And they filled them up to the brim.
[SUP]8 [/SUP]And he saith unto them, Draw out now, and bear unto the governor of the feast. And they bare it.
[SUP]9 [/SUP]When the ruler of the feast had tasted the water that was made wine, and knew not whence it was: (but the servants which drew the water knew;) the governor of the feast called the bridegroom,
[SUP]10 [/SUP]And saith unto him, Every man at the beginning doth set forth good wine; and when men have well drunk, then that which is worse: but thou hast kept the good wine until now.
[SUP]11 [/SUP]This beginning of miracles did Jesus in Cana of Galilee, and manifested forth his glory; and his disciples believed on him.

The Holy Spirit showed me that this was the first miracle of Jesus because it symbolized all he was to accomplish. Jesus took the water that was meant for ritual washing and turned it into wine. Wine here is a representation of the Holy Spirit. Jesus in effect changed the outward purification by works into an inward purification by consuming and becoming one with the Spirit, just as the communion wine is a representation of drinking his blood, becoming one with him.
i have no actual opinion on this 'revelation' at the moment...

i just want to comment that i find this refreshing...someone has actually stated that they -believe- they have a revelation from the holy spirit and are seeking godly counsel to judge if it truly is a revelation from the holy spirit or not...

this is a welcome change from the people who come here claiming that the holy spirit has revealed some bizarre doctrine to them and refuse all correction...

B

BarlyGurl

Well put... Rachel

P

popeye

The following is a revelation I believe I received from the Holy Spirit. It's not in scripture but I would like some of you to comment and tell me what you think. This is just a thought for personal edification, not for my edification but anyone who receives it and can benefit from it. It is not a teachable doctrine nor is it meant to be.

John 2:1-11King James Version (KJV)2 And the third day there was a marriage in Cana of Galilee; and the mother of Jesus was there:
[SUP]2 [/SUP]And both Jesus was called, and his disciples, to the marriage.
[SUP]3 [/SUP]And when they wanted wine, the mother of Jesus saith unto him, They have no wine.
[SUP]4 [/SUP]Jesus saith unto her, Woman, what have I to do with thee? mine hour is not yet come.
[SUP]5 [/SUP]His mother saith unto the servants, Whatsoever he saith unto you, do it.
[SUP]6 [/SUP]And there were set there six waterpots of stone, after the manner of the purifying of the Jews, containing two or three firkins apiece.
[SUP]7 [/SUP]Jesus saith unto them, Fill the waterpots with water. And they filled them up to the brim.
[SUP]8 [/SUP]And he saith unto them, Draw out now, and bear unto the governor of the feast. And they bare it.
[SUP]9 [/SUP]When the ruler of the feast had tasted the water that was made wine, and knew not whence it was: (but the servants which drew the water knew;) the governor of the feast called the bridegroom,
[SUP]10 [/SUP]And saith unto him, Every man at the beginning doth set forth good wine; and when men have well drunk, then that which is worse: but thou hast kept the good wine until now.
[SUP]11 [/SUP]This beginning of miracles did Jesus in Cana of Galilee, and manifested forth his glory; and his disciples believed on him.

The Holy Spirit showed me that this was the first miracle of Jesus because it symbolized all he was to accomplish. Jesus took the water that was meant for ritual washing and turned it into wine. Wine here is a representation of the Holy Spirit. Jesus in effect changed the outward purification by works into an inward purification by consuming and becoming one with the Spirit, just as the communion wine is a representation of drinking his blood, becoming one with him.
This first miracle is also the last miracle.
It is loaded with hidden meaning. A clue can be found at the last supper.
(3 promises)
The story is a last days picture of another marriage gathering in heaven.

You stopped too soon......look deeper....there is tons and tons yet to see

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
If it was a sign from Jesus he would have spontaneously preformed the miracle.....instead he was prompted by his mother and under the law he had to honor her request<---honor and obey your parents....nothing more, nothing less in my view.
Where does the Bible tell adults to 'obey' their parents? Methinks you're inserting a word where it doesn't belong. Jesus was under no obligation (scripturally) to obey Mary nor to honour her request. He was under the commandment to honour her, not her request.

Dino

S

shotgunner

This first miracle is also the last miracle.
It is loaded with hidden meaning. A clue can be found at the last supper.
(3 promises)
The story is a last days picture of another marriage gathering in heaven.

You stopped too soon......look deeper....there is tons and tons yet to see
Thanks! Yes, I've seen some other things in it but I didn't want to get too deep into it yet.