Please pray for me

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Mar 12, 2021
My husband has stopped caring about me, and is leaning toward ending the marriage. Please pray that he awakens in the morning with a new heart and willingness to work on our marriage. Thank you all so much. May God bless all my Christian brothers and sisters.

Deuteronomy

Jun 11, 2018
Hello @AnnaMarie, I'm very sorry to hear this, and as I just said above, I'll be praying for you, your husband, and your marriage.

I thought I should also say that if my marriage was the one in trouble, my pastor would be the first person I would call (to tell him what's going on and to set up counseling sessions with him .. even if I had to see him alone at first). After that, whether my wife and I had reconciled or not, I'd try to get her to go to a Christian marriage conference with me, like Cru's (Campus Crusade for Christ's) Family Life ministry's, A Weekend To Remember.

We went to A Weekend To Remember as an engaged couple, and then again as a married couple, and we are still using some of the "tools" that we got from them back then to help keep our marriage strong today, more than 34 years later.

I can also tell you that it was the best/most enjoyable/most fun "vacation" that we've ever been on, and we have been on some GREAT vacations over the years (we would have probably learned even more if we weren't laughing so hard all the time :)).

Question, is your husband a believer?

Thanks!

~Deut

Mar 12, 2021
Hello @AnnaMarie, I'm very sorry to hear this, and as I just said above, I'll be praying for you, your husband, and your marriage.

I thought I should also say that if my marriage was the one in trouble, my pastor would be the first person I would call (to tell him what's going on and to set up counseling sessions with him .. even if I had to see him alone at first). After that, whether my wife and I had reconciled or not, I'd try to get her to go to a Christian marriage conference with me, like Cru's (Campus Crusade for Christ's) Family Life ministry's, A Weekend To Remember.

We went to A Weekend To Remember as an engaged couple, and then again as a married couple, and we are still using some of the "tools" that we got from them back then to help keep our marriage strong today, more than 34 years later.

I can also tell you that it was the best/most enjoyable/most fun "vacation" that we've ever been on, and we have been on some GREAT vacations over the years (we would have probably learned even more if we weren't laughing so hard all the time :)).

Question, is your husband a believer?

Thanks!

~Deut
Deuteronomy, thank you. Wow, thank you so much.

As far as my husband being a believer...he says he is, but I'm not sure.

I've never heard of that weekend to remember activity. Thank you for the information. It looks great.
I cry almost all the time. He doesn't try to comfort me. There is no emotional connection and hasn't been for a long time. He agreed to go to marriage counseling years back and I feel it helped me, but he thinks it was a waste.

I'm afraid to start over again. Plus, we married for better or worse. He seems ready to give up, especially when I tell him how I feel about the emotional and psychological neglect I experience from him.

Sad days. He seems to only want to satisfy his own needs more and more and has been spending a lot of time away from home.

Again, I thank you. God bless you.

Deuteronomy

Jun 11, 2018
Hello again @AnnaMarie, it's not always the case, but I've discovered over the years that someone who "claims" to be a believer, but doesn't act like one most of the time, probably isn't. So I will pray for your husband's salvation as well.

You might want to go over
1 Corinthians 7 (and a couple of other passages, Ephesians 5:22-6:4; 1 Peter 3:1-7 .. and elsewhere too) when you call and/or meet with your pastor, so that whatever decision you end up making concerning your husband and your marriage is a Biblical one.

God bless you!

~Deut

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019
R6480c71cf137f403fbc70e4d66155be9 - Copy.jpg

"I pray of the Lord's presence to be upon your family, and
perhaps an agreeable reconciliation comes about."
'Amen'

t8t

Mar 24, 2021
MONTPELLIER- South of FRANCE
God bless you Anna Marie, Im praying for you and your husband with all my heart. Im in the same situation and its definitly drawn me closer to Jesus as no one else can save me. Stay strong and of good courage sister. Jesus loves you.

Mar 12, 2021
Just wanted to also remind that Gods greatest victories come out of seeming defeat.
Oh wow, thank you so very much! Thank you for telling me that. You are so right.

Mar 12, 2021
God bless you Anna Marie, Im praying for you and your husband with all my heart. Im in the same situation and its definitly drawn me closer to Jesus as no one else can save me. Stay strong and of good courage sister. Jesus loves you.
I am praying for you too. Remember all things work to the good for those who love and serve the Lord. I am praying for your strength and well-being and peace for you. God bless you!

Mar 12, 2021
Hello again @AnnaMarie, it's not always the case, but I've discovered over the years that someone who "claims" to be a believer, but doesn't act like one most of the time, probably isn't. So I will pray for your husband's salvation as well.

You might want to go over 1 Corinthians 7 (and a couple of other passages, Ephesians 5:22-6:4; 1 Peter 3:1-7 .. and elsewhere too) when you call and/or meet with your pastor, so that whatever decision you end up making concerning your husband and your marriage is a Biblical one.

God bless you!

~Deut
I have tried to find a pastor in my area that is true to the Word of God but there are too many evil "pastors" in my area. I have online pastors that I listen to, however.

I just want to thank you for the tools and suggestions you've offered in trying to help me, and your prayers, brother. My cup runneth over. God bless you too!

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
My husband has stopped caring about me, and is leaning toward ending the marriage. Please pray that he awakens in the morning with a new heart and willingness to work on our marriage. Thank you all so much. May God bless all my Christian brothers and sisters.
Hi AnnaMarie,

I can't really add to the wisdom that's already been given here, but I just wanted to say that I am so sorry that you are going through this, and will most definitely keep you in prayer.

I don't want to post anything negative, but may I ask, when you say that your husband is spending more and more time away from home, do you know what he's doing or whom he is with? I just ask because this might be a strong indication of the direction things are headed in next. I pray that you won't be blindsided in any way and that the Lord will both strengthen and prepare you for whatever may come.

I also had to mention that I was very touched by some of your posts around the forum in which you are also offering to pray and be there for others. It is truly amazing that in the midst of all the turmoil you are going through, you are coping by serving others.

I know that when I was going through some of what you're describing, my heart wasn't half as admirable as yours, that's for sure!

Blessings to you and I hope you'll do the same here as you are offering to others -- please keep sharing with us how you're doing, and allowing us to pray for you.

May God bless and comfort you, and I pray that your husband's heart will be softened, and your marriage restored.

Mar 12, 2021
Hi AnnaMarie,

I can't really add to the wisdom that's already been given here, but I just wanted to say that I am so sorry that you are going through this, and will most definitely keep you in prayer.

I don't want to post anything negative, but may I ask, when you say that your husband is spending more and more time away from home, do you know what he's doing or whom he is with? I just ask because this might be a strong indication of the direction things are headed in next. I pray that you won't be blindsided in any way and that the Lord will both strengthen and prepare you for whatever may come.

I also had to mention that I was very touched by some of your posts around the forum in which you are also offering to pray and be there for others. It is truly amazing that in the midst of all the turmoil you are going through, you are coping by serving others.

I know that when I was going through some of what you're describing, my heart wasn't half as admirable as yours, that's for sure!

Blessings to you and I hope you'll do the same here as you are offering to others -- please keep sharing with us how you're doing, and allowing us to pray for you.

May God bless and comfort you, and I pray that your husband's heart will be softened, and your marriage restored.
Hi Seoul,

Thank you for such a kind, long, answer. But most of all, your caring and giving.

I'm assuming your similar situation is resolved now and you are at peace with the outcome?

My husband insists there is no one else. God only knows if that is true. Once you catch someone in a lie, well, rebuilding trust is very difficult. I don't know if he ever physically cheated but I did find out he was talking to an old girlfriend without my knowledge.

We talked/argued last night, then again this morning. I pleaded with him to join with me and just try to get through a day with no rudeness, shortness, etc...just being kind, nice and respectful, taking on any problems as they arise with love and caring instead of yelling and blaming. He agreed and so far, so good, today, thank God.

God-willing and with your prayers, God will work a miracle in our marriage.

Thank you for your prayers. Thank you so much. God hears your prayers, my friend in Christ Jesus. God bless you.

levi85

Jul 2, 2013
Lord bless AnnaMarie, and this prayer request. Lord fill AnnaMarie and her husband's marriage with your love. Lord solve all the problems, and let AnnaMarie's husband love and care AnnaMarie, like before. Lord bless AnnaMarie & her husband. In Jesus gracious name, Amen!