Please Pray For My Dad

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

SimpleSheep

He has lung cancer and is a smoker. The doctors told him he needs to stop smoking and do chemo but he refused to leave the cigarette. Now the doctor thinks it's pointless to go through with chemo. It makes me upset because he doesn't care to try to live longer for us. He's only in his 50s. He's fairly young.
Anyways, if you could please pray that God makes him realize that he needs to leave smoking for his health. Thank you.

T

TheWriter

He has lung cancer and is a smoker. The doctors told him he needs to stop smoking and do chemo but he refused to leave the cigarette. Now the doctor thinks it's pointless to go through with chemo. It makes me upset because he doesn't care to try to live longer for us. He's only in his 50s. He's fairly young.
Anyways, if you could please pray that God makes him realize that he needs to leave smoking for his health. Thank you.
Please stay strong during this time. A prayer had been sent.

May God Bless you and your family sister.

Flowergirl19

Jun 1, 2021
[Jesus said,] "You have heard that it was said, 'Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven."
Matthew 5:43-45

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
My dad was a smoker too and died a week before his 77th birthday from cancer. By the time it was caught it was too late for any kind of treatment. I will say a prayer for your dad. I'm an ex-smoker myself having quit 8 months ago. Hopefully, God will mitigate any damage that I have caused from smoking for many years. I'm very sorry to hear this about your dad.

S

SimpleSheep

God bless you! I have said a prayer. Is your dad a believer?
Thank you so much! This is what scares me most...he says he knows about Jesus and calls him 'the hippie.' He's very disrespectful and I don't think he actually has accepted Christ as his Savior. I need to talk to him about this more. He doesn't seem to have any humbleness or any regret as to not being around for us when we were kids. He has told me and my brother some very awful things lately. Like he says we have let him down for not having kids. -_- It's not like we don't want kids or a spouse...it's just that we haven't found the right people to marry yet.

S

SimpleSheep

Thank you all for the prayers. I appreciate it.

KarynLouise

Jan 15, 2022
Arkansas
Thank you so much! This is what scares me most...he says he knows about Jesus and calls him 'the hippie.' He's very disrespectful and I don't think he actually has accepted Christ as his Savior. I need to talk to him about this more. He doesn't seem to have any humbleness or any regret as to not being around for us when we were kids. He has told me and my brother some very awful things lately. Like he says we have let him down for not having kids. -_- It's not like we don't want kids or a spouse...it's just that we haven't found the right people to marry yet.
Ok, I'll be praying about that, too. God bless you!

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
I call it "powdered butt" syndrome. It's a backhanded way of saying that since he changed your diapers he refuses to value the wisdom or intelligence you bring to the table.

A couple of times my father has actually listened to the advice and wisdom I gave him. I thought so much of him for it too.... unfortunately just a few weeks ago he told me the exact words I told him...he completely forgot who taught those things to him...but it doesn't matter...I just smile when he tells it back to me like I never had heard it before and say "Oh yeah?"

levi85

Jul 2, 2013
Lord please help SimpleSheep's dad to stop smoking and heal him from cancer. Lord bless him with your peace, healing and understanding. Lord bless this prayer request and SimpleSheep's dad in Jesus merciful name, Amen!

Butterflyyy

Oct 31, 2019
Has anyone asked him if he has thought about where he is going after this life? I know that’s a hard thing for me to say but he really does need to think about that and also about how much he is hurting you xxx

S

SimpleSheep

Has anyone asked him if he has thought about where he is going after this life? I know that’s a hard thing for me to say but he really does need to think about that and also about how much he is hurting you xxx
It's difficult to talk to him. I didn't grow up around him so I hardly know him. I grew up with my stepdad. I have not asked him where he is going when he passes. I guess I could. Thanks for that idea! I just asked him if he knew God and he said "yeah, I know that hippie, we're both tight!" :unsure:o_O
There is also a language barrier. He only speaks Spanish. I know Spanish but my first language is English.

Thank you all for the prayers. I appreciate it!

Butterflyyy

Oct 31, 2019
It's difficult to talk to him. I didn't grow up around him so I hardly know him. I grew up with my stepdad. I have not asked him where he is going when he passes. I guess I could. Thanks for that idea! I just asked him if he knew God and he said "yeah, I know that hippie, we're both tight!" :unsure:o_O
There is also a language barrier. He only speaks Spanish. I know Spanish but my first language is English.

Thank you all for the prayers. I appreciate it!
Wow you know what... it’s possible he actually knows the Lord lol, his answer is quite funny in a way... but we want to make sure he definitely knows Him of course.
Maybe you could ask if you could have a little pray together ❤️🤗...
He will know that you love him, I’m sure...and love, is the greatest thing ...

I remember once that the Lord helped me stop smoking... I used to turn to it at my most stressful times... even after being a Christian for 10 years, I would occasionally just go and impulsively buy cigarettes and at times I had not smoked for literally years, yet the psychological dependency was still there. I remember one of these times, and the Lord said to me, “Satan wants you to smoke, because he wants to kill you.” Maybe you could share my testimony with him- it sure did make me think and it has been powerful in bringing me to a place where I now even hate the taste of cigarette smoke.

Lots of love dear Sister 💗