Please recommend Bible teachers?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Calmador

Jun 23, 2011
Hey, so I was looking up Bible teachers. Would anyone here recommend a Bible teacher, preferably that have teachings online and also preferably have "through the Bible" studies?

I wouldn't mind, old, long-gone, Bible teachers, who have great commentaries too.

So far, I like and would recommend:

Les Feldick
Chuck Smith
J. Vernon McGee
Dr. David Jeremiah

I haven't read all their works, but so far they seem great, recommend me Bible teachers?

NotmebutHim

May 17, 2015
Here are some more good ones:

Mike Winger
Leighton Flowers
Braxton Hunter
James White
William Lane Craig
David Allen
Chris Roseborough
John MacArthur
Justin Peters
Jonathan Pritchett
Adrian Rogers
Alisa Childers
Doreen Virtue
Phil Johnson
Voddie Baucham
Todd Friel
Eric Hernandez
Erwin Lutzer
Michael Yousef
Greg Laurie
Allie Beth Stuckey

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Hey, so I was looking up Bible teachers. Would anyone here recommend a Bible teacher, preferably that have teachings online and also preferably have "through the Bible" studies?

I wouldn't mind, old, long-gone, Bible teachers, who have great commentaries too.

Les Feldick
Chuck Smith
J. Vernon McGee
Dr. David Jeremiah

I haven't read all their works, but so far they seem great, recommend me Bible teachers?
I'd add Adrian Rogers. His teachings are still available online as are Chuck Smith's and McGee although all three have gone home to be with the Lord. I also like Martyn Lloyd Jones.

Jan 12, 2019

Les Feldick
Chuck Smith
J. Vernon McGee
Dr. David Jeremiah

Les feldick is a great teacher to learn how to rightly divide the word of truth

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
I am thrilled with the commentary on scripture that Tom Bradford offers free on the net. A bible teacher needs to have vast knowledge of scripture and to report only that, not the doctrines of different denominations and I have found that Tom does just that.

His lessons have been used, I am told, by some colleges. It is thorough and very complete so it is not for people not seriously interested in scripture. I have been told that they won't join me in this study as it is over their heads, whatever they mean by that.

His study of Matthew, for example, takes in the character and ways of the people contemporary to Christ, telling of different translations, and relating all to the OT that Christ fulfilled. If he inserts his own understanding to a verse he tells you so. His goal is like the old TV sitcom that had the police officer say: the facts and only the facts.

Some people turn down his study based on that it is a Messianic Synagogue that presents his works, but these are people who won't even look at his lessons to find out if they are true to scripture.

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019
HOLY SPIRIT DOVE - Copy.jpg
'The most powerful motivator, lies within ones self...ponder this carefully."

John146

Jan 13, 2016

Les Feldick
Chuck Smith
J. Vernon McGee
Dr. David Jeremiah

James Knox
James Modlish

Feb 28, 2016
Tom Bradford doesn't call himself a 'Messianic Jew', as a matter of fact, he says just the opposite...
He says that one is not requited to take-on the traditions of the Jewish people -
but that they are to abide by 'every Word of God' that is Holy Scripture...

even IF we don't always totally 'agree' with another brother or sister totally, we can certainly
perceive if they are being God guided and sincere, while on their own personal journey -
our common-ground will become apparent as we continue to sincerely desire to
grow/learn...

Sep 14, 2019

Les Feldick
Chuck Smith
J. Vernon McGee
Dr. David Jeremiah

https://www.oneplace.com/ has an archive of good teachers

L

Locoponydirtman

The book of concord

CherieR

May 6, 2017

Les Feldick
Chuck Smith
J. Vernon McGee
Dr. David Jeremiah

I think John Piper, Charles Spurgeon and Charles Stanley are good.

S

Scribe

When it comes to listening to a preacher which is what I assume you are asking about I like listening to those who provoke me to holiness and prayer.
One of my favorites is David Wilkerson. I don't agree with everything he ever said but I don't agree with everything any preacher has ever said. I know how to hear what the Lord is saying to me and what he isn't.
If you have not heard a few messages from David Wilkerson do yourself a favor. My guess is that you cannot hear three of his messages and not take something from each that you will remember the rest of your life.

Now when it comes to Bible Teaching such as verse by verse exegesis I like reading commentaries.
I just signed up for audible.com and found Matthew Henrys on there being read by someone. I am going to give that a try when I am doing mundane work tasks. I am thinking it will be a great way to learn more of the word at a faster pace than anything I have ever tried before. If it works as I hope it will I will look for more commentaries read by good narrators. (that robotic voice does not work for me)
I started listening to the Youversion KJV on my phone and I have been very impressed by the narrator. He reads it with such excellent voice inflection that I am getting illumination I would not get without that special touch. One example was in Isaiah where he was reading how their "rulers make THEM to howl" was read with an emphasis on THEM that made me understand that he was talking about the rulers. I looked it up in two commentaries on Isaiah and they do explain how the verse is difficult to translate and that some think that the rulers are the ones that are howling. This was impressive that he was able to make me think that when he read it. That narrator knows what he is reading at a deeper lever than just a voice.

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017

Les Feldick
Chuck Smith
J. Vernon McGee
Dr. David Jeremiah

Please........the GREATEST BIBLE TEACHER is.........the Holy Spirit.

But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.
1 John 2:27 - https://www.biblegateway.com/passage?search=1 John 2:27&version=KJV

Just sit with a heart of humility and desire to know and love God.....then, read the Bible- Psalm 23.....and ask the Holy Spirit questions as you read......He’ll answer you in your thoughts and show you secrets in the scriptures......

These secrets will give your spirit life and you will know the Truth of God’s Word and the Truth will set you free! :love:(y)

S

Scribe

Please........the GREATEST BIBLE TEACHER is.........the Holy Spirit.

But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.
1 John 2:27 - https://www.biblegateway.com/passage?search=1 John 2:27&version=KJV

Just sit with a heart of humility and desire to know and love God.....then, read the Bible- Psalm 23.....and ask the Holy Spirit questions as you read......He’ll answer you in your thoughts and show you secrets in the scriptures......

These secrets will give your spirit life and you will know the Truth of God’s Word and the Truth will set you free! :love:(y)
Bible teachers called by God and gifted by the Holy Spirit does not contradict that the Holy Spirit will be our teacher and that we do not need any man to teach us. Both scriptures must reconcile and they do. The Holy Spirit teaches us through Holy Spirit Gifted Teachers that he has called and we do not need MEN who are NOT equipped by the Holy Spirit to teach us THEIR opinions that contradict the Holy Spirit.

11And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; 12For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ: 13Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ:

The verses above state that the reason he gave Holy Spirit gifted teaches was so that we would come into the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ which would suggest that without such teachers we would not come unto the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ.

If anyone believes that they can sit alone with just themselves and their bible and come into the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ without the input of the gifts of the other members of the body of Christ they would be contradicting what the Holy Spirit is saying in these verses. I am sure you agree. :)

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
Bible teachers called by God and gifted by the Holy Spirit does not contradict that the Holy Spirit will be our teacher and that we do not need any man to teach us. Both scriptures must reconcile and they do. The Holy Spirit teaches us through Holy Spirit Gifted Teachers that he has called and we do not need MEN who are NOT equipped by the Holy Spirit to teach us THEIR opinions that contradict the Holy Spirit.

11And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; 12For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ: 13Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ:

The verses above state that the reason he gave Holy Spirit gifted teaches was so that we would come into the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ which would suggest that without such teachers we would not come unto the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ.

If anyone believes that they can sit alone with just themselves and their bible and come into the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ without the input of the gifts of the other members of the body of Christ they would be contradicting what the Holy Spirit is saying in these verses. I am sure you agree. :)
Nope. What I know, no man has taught me.

Man teaches what he knows but, the Holy Spirit teaches what He knows.......

Who do you want to listen to? :unsure:

S

Scribe

Nope. What I know, no man has taught me. Man teaches what he knows but, the Holy Spirit teaches what He knows.......

Who do you want to listen to? :unsure:
It's not up for debate;
If you contradict it, it reveals your need for a bible teacher. :)

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
It's not up for debate;
If you contradict it, it reveals your need for a bible teacher. :)
Who do you listen to?