Please shut down CC Rep abuse threads

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
L

loverofjesus27

Soooo how do i turn it off?

T

toinena

If a person begs for a rep, he or she doesn't deserve it and I will not give it. If a person who is begging for a rep needs that rep to feel good about him/herself, let them have it.

We all know who is a sound and respected member of this site regardless of the reps. Why have them in the first place? We already have likes.

When I post something, it is because I have something I want and need to say or I simply like to play around having some fun. If someone likes what I wrote, that is great. If I get a rep that is awesome. But that is not the reason why I wrote it. And it never should be. For those of you counting your reps, that is a prideful thing to do. For those of you being jealous of undeserved reps given, that is envy and not a Christian thing to, either.

This is a good discussion, though. We should give credit when credit is due. If you need to collect something, concider to collect stamps or stickers instead of reps.

Dec 9, 2011
So because people don't go out of their way to turn it off they are being dishonest with themself? That's some faulty logic. I don't turn it off because I don't notice it's even there. And I don't care one way or the other if it shows. I rarely even notice others either.
May not be so eager to assume your way of thinking is how everyone else thinks.
Okay:confused:

Dec 9, 2011
If a person begs for a rep, he or she doesn't deserve it and I will not give it. If a person who is begging for a rep needs that rep to feel good about him/herself, let them have it.

We all know who is a sound and respected member of this site regardless of the reps. Why have them in the first place? We already have likes.

When I post something, it is because I have something I want and need to say or I simply like to play around having some fun. If someone likes what I wrote, that is great. If I get a rep that is awesome. But that is not the reason why I wrote it. And it never should be. For those of you counting your reps, that is a prideful thing to do. For those of you being jealous of undeserved reps given, that is envy and not a Christian thing to, either.

This is a good discussion, though. We should give credit when credit is due. If you need to collect something, concider to collect stamps or stickers instead of reps.
:)I wish the OP had of made a poll asking"should rep be done away with or kept"?

Dec 9, 2011
Soooo how do i turn it off?
:)okay,I found It
Go up top and click on settings and then on the left side of that page you will find general settings,click on that and this will take you to a page where you will see the option to show or hide your reputation.:)

L

loverofjesus27

I found it too, so i hid it. Well done sir.

Dec 9, 2011
:)okay,I found It
Go up top and click on settings and then on the left side of that page you will find general settings,click on that and this will take you to a page where you will see the option to show or hide your reputation.:)
I forgot to add,after you select show or hide reputation go down to the bottom of the page and click save changes.

L

loverofjesus27

I did also click on save changes.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Personally I like my "cucumber".. It reminds me to eat my vegetables.. :p

LOL

Feb 28, 2016
if you can discern that it is genuine, then just take it as a Love Pat/hug from your Saviour
and some of His Friends'...:)

L

loverofjesus27

I don’t plan on stressing out over reps.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Seems like many here are saying that they don’t care about rep but I think they are just deceiving themselves.

There Is an option to turn off your rep you know.
All that would do would remove the green boxes but your actual rep power remains so essentially you can't really shut off your rep.

Dec 9, 2011
All that would do would remove the green boxes but your actual rep power remains so essentially you can't really shut off your rep.
:)But can a person receive rep when they have reputation hidden?

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
:)But can a person receive rep when they have reputation hidden?
Yep, happens all of the time. The green bars are just an visual indicator and really doesn't correlate to the actual rep power which is displayed on the bottom of your basic profile information.

Dec 16, 2012
We all know who is a sound and respected member of this site regardless of the reps. Why have them in the first place? We already have likes. For those of you counting your reps, that is a prideful thing to do.

I've had this experience before. I didn't even bother replying as the response was just a sad indictment on the poster exclusively. Despite being well past middle age, to correlate rep/likes with how credible a member is from the perspective of a group of their peers, is exactly what flies in the face of maturity.

Dec 9, 2011
A wise old man came up to me in the dead of the night one day and said that if one reaches 1000 reps, they shall receive a 5-day vacation to Tokyo, a lifetime supply of Hershey's Kisses, and the fountain of eternal youth...but who knows? :/

Nahhhhh, jk jk. They honestly don't mean much. Idk why some people get so mad about others receiving slightly more reps than usual.
:)An Interesting question would be,Why did CC implement the “likes” button?
:)And why did CC Implement the rep button?