Pokemon Go

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Q

Quirkygirl

Has anyone downloaded Pokemon Go? What do you think of it? I downloaded it and I think it is a great way to exercise and make friends!

Feb 7, 2015
A gal at our church posted this to other members. "Some of you won't even get out and look for a job, yet you are out searching for a Pokémon?"

Monnkai

Mar 18, 2014
To be fair Pokemon are far more important than any silly job lol. I don't have smartphone that can handle it so I can't play. I probably would but it might get in the way of reading and writing if I'm looking for pokemon all the time.

Fenner

Jan 26, 2013
I let my Daughter play, if she's outside I go with her because she's only 9, but she seems to enjoy it. It's fun for her when we walk the dog. She does look up because I've warned her not to bump into stuff. She's not addicted, but it seems okay.

Feb 7, 2015
No one is ever addicted to anything at first. I have noticed a number of reports of accidents caused by people not wanting to park and get out of their cars to play.

Fenner

Jan 26, 2013
No one is ever addicted to anything at first. I have noticed a number of reports of accidents caused by people not wanting to park and get out of their cars to play.
That doesn't surprise me.

Mar 11, 2016
Singapore
abigail.pro
I haven't downloaded it yet. Because it's not available yet where I am (it should be available in a few weeks). I love pokemon and I played the gameboy versions and watched the anime when I was younger. My brother is like a walking pokedex. xD

I will definitely download it and play some. People in my town are already choosing their teams lol. And I'm hoping to join Mystic (Articuno) or Valor (Moltres).

I gotta catch them all!

N

Nuns_n_roses

I haven't downloaded it yet. Because it's not available yet where I am (it should be available in a few weeks). I love pokemon and I played the gameboy versions and watched the anime when I was younger. My brother is like a walking pokedex. xD

I will definitely download it and play some. People in my town are already choosing their teams lol. And I'm hoping to join Mystic (Articuno) or Valor (Moltres).

I gotta catch them all!
You gotta go with Team Mystic!!! :D

Feb 7, 2015
I understand people are already being arrested for trespassing and "prowling" because of this game.

With the mood in America, it may not be long before one of them is shot... maybe killed.

L

Lady4theLord

Don't be surprised if Google is using this app to track your moving habits and your live location. Playing this game requires you to be giving your location away to the game app. That is one reason I don't play games that require you to have your location on.

Mar 11, 2016
Singapore
abigail.pro
You gotta go with Team Mystic!!! :D
Because blue is a lovely color! And wisdom > strength? xD I love Articuno too.

I understand people are already being arrested for trespassing and "prowling" because of this game.

With the mood in America, it may not be long before one of them is shot... maybe killed.
That's sad. It's true though. This game can easily be addicting, and anything that's addicting is dangerous.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
I was riding my bicycle to the grocery store and I saw a Pokemon gym pop up on my map. I followed it to see where it was and it's somebody's house.... lucky for them if they play the game

N

Nuns_n_roses

Because blue is a lovely color! And wisdom > strength? xD I love Articuno too.

That's sad. It's true though. This game can easily be addicting, and anything that's addicting is dangerous.
Wisdom is the best tactic in battle. You have to know your opponent after all :D Plus, yeah Articuno is a boss!!!

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
Games in general are addictive. I've been known to waste an entire day playing Final Fantasy

T

Tintin

Don't be surprised if Google is using this app to track your moving habits and your live location. Playing this game requires you to be giving your location away to the game app. That is one reason I don't play games that require you to have your location on.
That's all well and good, but you still need to turn Location on if you want to use your phone's GPS.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
Paranoid much?

S

Siberian_Khatru

It's really not that far fetched (and the game does require use of GPS, I think).

I'm really not into it, and honestly, the whole "it's good exercise" routine comes off as a way to justify playing the game, not as genuine interest in exercising. But! If people really are moving around more, that's still something positive. I'd rather see someone burn calories imitating the walking dead than burn brains cells watching The Walking Dead. Lol. (Just teasing.)

Mar 22, 2013
Indiana
oh I hope someone rear ends me playing that stupid game, oh will I not only burn that person I will burn the game makers.

Jan 9, 2016
I love it, team valor!!! :) pretty funny when I go to the park and I see like 20 people I haven't seen in 5+ years walking around catching Pokemon. But you just have to be smart, and safe. Watch what your doing and not walk out in the middle of the street lol. But I'm a pretty big Pokemon fan, so it really appeals to me.