Poll of polls on the longest running debate:

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Are we eternally saved once we are "Born Again"?

• No one can know until after their physical life is over.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Jun 20, 2022
They WERE NOT SAVED.

They claimed they BELIEVED. but they REJECTED THE GOSPEL and tried to ADD WORKS OF THE LAW to the gospel.

which is a different gospel

Their faith was in the law. thats why they could not recieve the true gospel completely.
Keep lying to yourself but that's not what those Verses say.

Everlasting-Grace

Dec 18, 2021
Your trying to establish the idea that anyone who falls away from the faith. Never believed in the first instance.

Luke 8:13
Those on the rocky soil are the ones who, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and yet these do not have a firm root; they believe for a while, and in a time of temptation they fall away.

The scripture does say they believe for a while.
No one is saved by mere belief. it takes saving faith.

those people believed but they had no faith.. they had no firm root. which would have been christ.

Jun 20, 2022
I just take them for what they say

I am not lieing to anyone

But if you want to believe on has to work to earn eternal life. well good luck with that
if you were taking them for what they say you would see in the example from Hebrews 10:29 How much more severe do you think the punishment will be for the one who has trampled Elohim underfoot, and has regarded as unholy the blood of the covenant by which he was made holy, and has insulted the Spirit of grace? the Writer is talking about SOMEONE was made HOLY by the Blood and now regards it as unholy.

Southern Baptist teach what you are promoting. i know this teaching well because i was raised in it back in the 1960's when 2/3rds of the Church Members were KKK. i am as Hillbilly as it gets but thank God i stopped following the hillbilly doctrines long ago.

Grandpa

Jun 24, 2011
THEY will completely ignore anything that is a FACT!
Neither of you know what you are talking about.

2 Peter 2:9-10
9 The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished:

10 But chiefly them that walk after the flesh in the lust of uncleanness, and despise government. Presumptuous are they, selfwilled, they are not afraid to speak evil of dignities.

This isn't a Saved person.

This whole part is describing those who AREN'T saved.

Try reading 2 Peter 2 before you declare anything a "FACT!"...

ResidentAlien

Apr 21, 2021
9 The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished:

10 But chiefly them that walk after the flesh in the lust of uncleanness, and despise government. Presumptuous are they, selfwilled, they are not afraid to speak evil of dignities.

I agree.

Everlasting-Grace

Dec 18, 2021
if you were taking them for what they say you would see in the example from Hebrews 10:29 How much more severe do you think the punishment will be for the one who has trampled Elohim underfoot, and has regarded as unholy the blood of the covenant by which he was made holy, and has insulted the Spirit of grace? the Writer is talking about SOMEONE was made HOLY by the Blood and now regards it as unholy.

Southern Baptist teach what you are promoting. i know this teaching well because i was raised in it back in the 1960's when 2/3rds of the Church Members were KKK. i am as Hillbilly as it gets but thank God i stopped following the hillbilly doctrines long ago.
lol

I agree with the author of Hebrews

Judas was given the gospel by Jesus himself, as were so many other jews. who played christianity for a time, but were never saved.

It will be worse for them

Again, who will it be worse for.

someone who Gave God the finger from day 1 and never believed. or someone who had the truth and exchanged that truth for something not quite the truth, but thought they were saved (like those jews who attempted to add the law to grace)

Its simple logic.. If you open your mind

Inquisitor

Mar 17, 2022
“Firm” root i

“Firm” root is a terrible translation.

The Greek word is clearly “NO”.
3756. ou, ouk, ouch
Strong's Concordance​
ou, ouk, ouch: not, no

Original Word: οὐ
Part of Speech: Particle, Negative
Transliteration: ou, ouk, ouch
Phonetic Spelling: (oo)
Definition: not, no
Usage: no, not.

These people had NO root. Jesus, IS the root. It’s one of His many titles. They never had Jesus, and were never sealed with the Holy Spirit.​
I placed the emphasis on the phrase, 'they believed for a while'.

You then attempted to establish another idea, the idea that they had no firm root?

As I said before, this verse (Luke 8:13), is a contradiction of the idea that someone. Who falls away from their faith in Jesus never believed in the first place.

The mere mention of the phrase 'to fall away' by the apostles, tells you in no uncertain terms. That falling away from the living faith is a fact of life.

The parable also tells you that the seed in each different location germinated. The seed believed!

Inquisitor

Mar 17, 2022
They WERE NOT SAVED.

They claimed they BELIEVED. but they REJECTED THE GOSPEL and tried to ADD WORKS OF THE LAW to the gospel.

which is a different gospel

Their faith was in the law. thats why they could not recieve the true gospel completely.
Peter fell from grace as Paul stated below.

Galatians 2:11-12
But when Cephas came to Antioch, I opposed him to his face, because he stood condemned. For prior to the coming of some men from James, he used to eat with the Gentiles; but when they came, he began to withdraw and separate himself, fearing those from the circumcision.

Peter retreated to the law out of fear and was condemned by Paul. Peter had created a division between the Jew and Gentile. Causing division is a work of the flesh. Peter was siding with those under the law (circumcision). Paul's entire letter to the Galatians was a warning to the Galatians regarding the curse of the law. The Galatians themselves had fallen from grace in the pursuit of the law.

Anyone who calls on the name of the Lord is saved!

Inquisitor

Mar 17, 2022
2 Peter 2:22 " . . . a sow, having washed, to her wallowing in the mire."

They were "washed" at one point but returned to the mud.
Exactly.

Obviously, a person can alternate between being saved and falling away, during their lifetime. depending solely on what they really believe.

I have seen a lot of Christians become distracted by the world, by life. They fall away. They certainly believed for years and I observed that belief in Jesus. Then years later they fall away and forget Jesus. Even ministers are subject to that phenomenon of falling away.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Impossible for a true born again child of God to do what you say here.

I can’t unknow the Truth, because the Holy Spirit has been sealed in me.

We know those that you describe were never born again to begin with because of …..

1 John 2:19
King James Version

19 They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.
I fully concur with your estimation.

Jun 20, 2022
Neither of you know what you are talking about.

This whole part is describing those who AREN'T saved.

Try reading 2 Peter 2 before you declare anything a "FACT!"...
my agreement is based off Verse 22, not 9-10.

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
Salvation is not a two party covenant. Like the covenant made to Abraham,. it is an I WILL covenant.

God said, I will

He did not say, if you do this (works) I will. If you stop. I will stop.
Believing Jesus and trusting in the Atonement He secured is not Works in the Biblical definiton.. Jesus does the Work because being perfect He can perform the Works with 100% success..

Everlasting-Grace

Dec 18, 2021
Peter fell from grace as Paul stated below.

Galatians 2:11-12
But when Cephas came to Antioch, I opposed him to his face, because he stood condemned. For prior to the coming of some men from James, he used to eat with the Gentiles; but when they came, he began to withdraw and separate himself, fearing those from the circumcision.

Peter retreated to the law out of fear and was condemned by Paul. Peter had created a division between the Jew and Gentile. Causing division is a work of the flesh. Peter was siding with those under the law (circumcision). Paul's entire letter to the Galatians was a warning to the Galatians regarding the curse of the law. The Galatians themselves had fallen from grace in the pursuit of the law.

Anyone who calls on the name of the Lord is saved!
Peter did not lose salvation
Peter did not stop being the rock
Peter did not stop being the apostle to the jews. Or the leader at the church in jerusalem.

peter sinned, and was corrected.

You don;t lose eternal life, then get it back then lose it then get it back.

Eternal is forever.