poll Who can openly admit to being mean sometimes

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

poll Who can openly admit to being mean sometimes

• i can but

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • i cant

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • i wouldnt want to be this way

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • i could be this way in the future

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • if it happens it happens.

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • i can and im sorry,

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • i can and i dont know what came over me.

• i would rather forget about my past faults.

• all of the above

• i dont like to be reminded it annoys me.

• Total voters

de-emerald

May 8, 2021
We have probably all done this at some point in our life time, and it can be forgiven, and a person can one day overcome the seed of bitterness. The biggest mistake we make is not recognizing the invisible enemy that is also good at growing seeds of bitterness in a person, or another way I put it is the enemy is also good at causing infliction and inflicting wounds in a persons' heart, only then to turn an inflicted wound into bitterness, then call you out for your lack of forgiveness ,, why does the enemy do this, well because the enemy is the unforgiven who wants to prove other people can be just as mean as him. and when i say the enemy is the unforgiven, the unforgiving state of mind is his own pride. and sometimes our own downfall too.

We have to pray for our hearts to be as strong as possible, because for us Christians the adversary will inflict and wound and mislead and tempt us until the end because of what Jesus can do for us and in our hearts and for others. Should we become bitter or resentful or start shouting or arguing with this enemy over this, well actually that is what we do until become wise, this is where we need to reserve our energy in our heart and channel our energy else where. A healthy heart and mind is also equally important to the wellbeing of our nature as we are fragile, The enemy will stop at nothing to prove that a person can be unforgiving. Even taking your whole family away. I see it this way that we all need help with forgiving. But only after going through scars myself have i come to learn this, could i say we need to teach people to be ready for a fall or every eventuality of miss fortune. Well emotional scars can heal but can actually take generations too, however through prayer they can be healed. Its a bit like a rescue dog putting their trust in new people once again.. The broken-hearted and the wounded can be healed and carry the next persons wounds un till there healed. Me im just upset for all those who learn that the middle age spread comes at a cost far too late in their life. The false economy of self reasoning to justify unhealthy actions is so misleading.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
I suspect we all have acted in a "mean" way at one time or another towards someone or something. We are human. We are fallible. We are imperfect.

However, that does not mean we are lost because of it, IF we have Jesus in our lives as Lord and Savior.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
My vote was I can but -

Years ago an associate at work explained that the word but means - beneath the underlying truth.

de-emerald

May 8, 2021
My vote was I can but -

Years ago an associate at work explained that the word but means - beneath the underlying truth.
yup i can but as well lol,, you know and so but i was told you have to be cruel to be kind,
but some times my heart just breaks and i will share my peanuts

de-emerald

May 8, 2021
I suspect we all have acted in a "mean" way at one time or another towards someone or something. We are human. We are fallible. We are imperfect.

However, that does not mean we are lost because of it, IF we have Jesus in our lives as Lord and Savior.
well its so easy to be grudge somebody who spends 2000 dollars on a tap for there sink. and 450.000 dollars building a luxury new home.. the way i see it is if i was verry succsessful buisness man would i buy that very exspensive tap if i had the money to burn ?

1ofthem

Mar 30, 2016
I guess it depends on what you call mean.

I can get mad and tell someone off if I feel someone is being disrespectful or mean to me or others around me. I can say some pretty harsh things if I get really upset. I normally always feel sorry about it a little while later and do apologize even if I don't feel like I wasn't the one who started it.

As far as being mean like being unforgiving, hating others, wishing harm or bad things on others, then no I'm never mean like that.

Aug 2, 2021
We have probably all done this at some point in our life time, and it can be forgiven, and a person can one day overcome the seed of bitterness. The biggest mistake we make is not recognizing the invisible enemy that is also good at growing seeds of bitterness in a person, or another way I put it is the enemy is also good at causing infliction and inflicting wounds in a persons' heart, only then to turn an inflicted wound into bitterness, then call you out for your lack of forgiveness ,, why does the enemy do this, well because the enemy is the unforgiven who wants to prove other people can be just as mean as him. and when i say the enemy is the unforgiven, the unforgiving state of mind is his own pride. and sometimes our own downfall too.

We have to pray for our hearts to be as strong as possible, because for us Christians the adversary will inflict and wound and mislead and tempt us until the end because of what Jesus can do for us and in our hearts and for others. Should we become bitter or resentful or start shouting or arguing with this enemy over this, well actually that is what we do until become wise, this is where we need to reserve our energy in our heart and channel our energy else where. A healthy heart and mind is also equally important to the wellbeing of our nature as we are fragile, The enemy will stop at nothing to prove that a person can be unforgiving. Even taking your whole family away. I see it this way that we all need help with forgiving. But only after going through scars myself have i come to learn this, could i say we need to teach people to be ready for a fall or every eventuality of miss fortune. Well emotional scars can heal but can actually take generations too, however through prayer they can be healed. Its a bit like a rescue dog putting their trust in new people once again.. The broken-hearted and the wounded can be healed and carry the next persons wounds un till there healed. Me im just upset for all those who learn that the middle age spread comes at a cost far too late in their life. The false economy of self reasoning to justify unhealthy actions is so misleading.
i apologize to all i have offended - i can have a quick response that is not always gracious

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
I'm mean sometimes, yes. So is God.

It's fine to be mean when the circumstances require it.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee

Every man commits a crime
Of one kind or another,
Whether he is mean to kids
Or unkind to his mother.

glen55

Jul 10, 2021

Observation does trick ya.

de-emerald

May 8, 2021

I can get mad and tell someone off if I feel someone is being disrespectful or mean to me or others around me. I can say some pretty harsh things if I get really upset. I normally always feel sorry about it a little while later and do apologize even if I don't feel like I wasn't the one who started it.

As far as being mean like being unforgiving, hating others, wishing harm or bad things on others, then no I'm never mean like that.
all sorts i guess,

anything could be considered mean, but we all have our off days sometimes too. I wouldnt think a friend is mean if he was unkind just once to me, but if he kept it up i would wonder why befor i fell out with a friend. sometimes friends dont tell you in words but in actions. the last thing i would want to do is think of a friend as mean, but its intresting to find out what other people consider as being mean. or an event where somebody as really upset them or embarresed them and how they dealt with it.

ResidentAlien

Apr 21, 2021
I can and I'm sorry. But I think of being mean as intentionally inflicting harm on someone. I'm very rarely intentionally mean. More often I'm probably hurtful, but unintentionally so.

I think it also depends on where you live and who you're around. I live in a place where people are very vocal. If you don't express yourself people think you can't be trusted. People give you more respect if you say what's on your mind, good or bad. I didn't grow up this way and it took me a while to get used to, so I can understand how some people might get their feelings hurt more easily than others.

But as a rule we should all strive to treat others as we would like to be treated. No one likes a bully, which is how I define a "mean" person.

Going_Nowhere

Nov 10, 2019
I try to be kind, but I'm sure there are times when I can be mean....inconsiderate....rude, etc. After all, we all have our moments, right? :)

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I try to be kind, but I'm sure there are times when I can be mean....inconsiderate....rude, etc. After all, we all have our moments, right? :)
I know that I certainly have my moments. Had one this afternoon as a matter of fact.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
However, that does not mean we are lost because of it
Neither does it mean one should be tooting their horn about this. Why is it that Christians would rather focus on unrighteousness than righteousness? Looks like Satan wants our focus on things which God does not want.

Finally, brethren,
whatsoever things are true,
whatsoever things are honest,
whatsoever things are just,
whatsoever things are pure,
whatsoever things are lovely,
whatsoever things are of good report;
if there be any virtue,
and if there be any praise,

think on these things.
Those things,
which ye have both learned,
and received,
and heard,
and seen in me,

do:
and the God of peace shall be with you.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020

“We have probably all done this at some point in our life time, and it can be forgiven, and a person can one day overcome the seed of bitterness.”

amen that’s what repentance is all about When we can look at our own actions , see and acknowledge we still have some work to do whether it’s acting and creating and participating in bitterness and arguing . Or many other things we all sometimes find ourselves participating in.

repentance is the key and you are right if we are willing to acknowledge our sins before God and let him be our judge by his word , and turn away from whatever we found ourselves doing , it already is forgiven as soon as we do that acknowledge confess and repent .

and then get back to walking in the light , which will lead to us beginning to see other areas we need to work out in the same way through acknowledging our own sins and flaws and turning away .

his mercy is new every morning to those who are pursuing him in truth encouraging post thanks for taking the time to write it

1ofthem

Mar 30, 2016
all sorts i guess,
anything could be considered mean, but we all have our off days sometimes too. I wouldnt think a friend is mean if he was unkind just once to me, but if he kept it up i would wonder why befor i fell out with a friend. sometimes friends dont tell you in words but in actions. the last thing i would want to do is think of a friend as mean, but its intresting to find out what other people consider as being mean. or an event where somebody as really upset them or embarresed them and how they dealt with it.
Yeah everyone has off days and we all get moody now and then. So yeah, I have friends who I try to overlook if they have a bad attitude at times. I don't consider them to be mean or anything. I have off days too and they overlook me too in those times.

Then again, there are folks that are sincerely mean-hearted. Some people enjoy drama and causing trouble, chaos, and hurting others. Some folks like to put other people down to make themselves feel better. There are some people that seem to really enjoy hurting others. That is the type of person I consider to be mean. I can forgive these people and wish them no ill will, but I won't hang out with or be around that type of person for very long, though.

Icedaisey

Jul 19, 2021