Pope and Imam Sign "One-World Religion Covenant?"

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Wansvic

Nov 27, 2018
www.thekingiscoming.com/blog/2019/2/13/pope-and-imam-sign-one-world-religion-covenant?fbclid=IwAR2OTApFsqhNa3yinGStGGXKkh_ybhbj9aMwM0NhNAlhHTlbkrCLh8yiI0k#

A historic document signed recently by Pope Francis and leading Muslim Imam Sheikh Ahmed al-Tayeb – whose official title is The Grand Imam of Al-Azhar – has many observers very concerned. This historic meeting between the head of the Roman Catholic Church and the most important Imam in Sunni Islam took place in Abu Dhabi at a gathering of religious leaders representing Christianity, Islam, Judaism, and other faiths. On the surface the covenant entitled “A Document on Human Fraternity for World Peace and Living Together” stipulates its intention is to foster peace between nations, religions, and ethnic groups while combating extremism and violence. Obviously, this is an admirable effort worthy of support. Yet, certain ambiguous language in the document regarding God leads many to be cautious of the implications that may arise. Particularly, the idea that such a document could form the groundwork for a one-world religion!

Ambiguous Language Identifying God

While the document contains many remarks aimed at fostering a spirit of commonality between religions such as encouraging believers “to shake hands, embrace one another, kiss one another and even pray” together, it is the ambiguous reference to God that causes the greatest concern.

The document uses the same term; God, to simultaneously reference the God of the Bible and Allah. One glaring example of this categorizes Christians and Muslims as “We, who believe in God.” Perhaps equally problematic is that the document claims that “the pluralism and the diversity of religions” evident in the world were all intentionally “willed by God.” Moreover, the document claims that the idea that people should “adhere to a certain religion” should be rejected. Therefore, according to this document the perfect will of God allows for hundreds of different religions that must all be considered as equally valid. Such ideas have caused many to consider that the essence of this document is to push for a one-world religion. Sadly, this idea is not out of character for Pope Francis. In September 2015, during a stop at St. Patrick's Cathedral, Pope Francis stressed the unity between Christianity and Islam. Likewise, in January 2016 the Vatican released an extremely disturbing video in which Pope Francis declared that all of the major world religions are “seeking God or meeting God in different ways.”

Relevant Scripture Passages

It should be noted that many prophecy experts have long believed that numerous parallels can be drawn between the one-world religion described in Revelation 17:1-18, and the influence and power of the Roman Catholic Church. The book of Revelation describes a “great harlot,” or a false, one-world religion that will be prominent during the end times (Revelation 17:1-6). This one-world religion will be led by a “false prophet” (Revelation 13:11-15; 16:13; 19:10; 20:20). This false religion will dominate all people of the earth, all nations, and languages. While this inference is not certain, it certainly arouses our attention - especially in light of the history of the Catholic Church and Pope Francis’ statements in the past. Therefore, given the implications of this recent covenant between Pope Francis and Imam Sheikh Ahmed al-Tayeb we should be in prayer.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Heads of two false religions get together and sign a pact.

Yawn.

Just keep praying.

S

Susanna

The Pope should rather be working on uniting the Church, than dividing it by signing documents that contain inconsistencies.

Kojikun

Oct 5, 2018
www.thekingiscoming.com/blog/2019/2/13/pope-and-imam-sign-one-world-religion-covenant?fbclid=IwAR2OTApFsqhNa3yinGStGGXKkh_ybhbj9aMwM0NhNAlhHTlbkrCLh8yiI0k#

A historic document signed recently by Pope Francis and leading Muslim Imam Sheikh Ahmed al-Tayeb – whose official title is The Grand Imam of Al-Azhar – has many observers very concerned. This historic meeting between the head of the Roman Catholic Church and the most important Imam in Sunni Islam took place in Abu Dhabi at a gathering of religious leaders representing Christianity, Islam, Judaism, and other faiths. On the surface the covenant entitled “A Document on Human Fraternity for World Peace and Living Together” stipulates its intention is to foster peace between nations, religions, and ethnic groups while combating extremism and violence. Obviously, this is an admirable effort worthy of support. Yet, certain ambiguous language in the document regarding God leads many to be cautious of the implications that may arise. Particularly, the idea that such a document could form the groundwork for a one-world religion!

Ambiguous Language Identifying God

While the document contains many remarks aimed at fostering a spirit of commonality between religions such as encouraging believers “to shake hands, embrace one another, kiss one another and even pray” together, it is the ambiguous reference to God that causes the greatest concern.

The document uses the same term; God, to simultaneously reference the God of the Bible and Allah. One glaring example of this categorizes Christians and Muslims as “We, who believe in God.” Perhaps equally problematic is that the document claims that “the pluralism and the diversity of religions” evident in the world were all intentionally “willed by God.” Moreover, the document claims that the idea that people should “adhere to a certain religion” should be rejected. Therefore, according to this document the perfect will of God allows for hundreds of different religions that must all be considered as equally valid. Such ideas have caused many to consider that the essence of this document is to push for a one-world religion. Sadly, this idea is not out of character for Pope Francis. In September 2015, during a stop at St. Patrick's Cathedral, Pope Francis stressed the unity between Christianity and Islam. Likewise, in January 2016 the Vatican released an extremely disturbing video in which Pope Francis declared that all of the major world religions are “seeking God or meeting God in different ways.”

Relevant Scripture Passages

It should be noted that many prophecy experts have long believed that numerous parallels can be drawn between the one-world religion described in Revelation 17:1-18, and the influence and power of the Roman Catholic Church. The book of Revelation describes a “great harlot,” or a false, one-world religion that will be prominent during the end times (Revelation 17:1-6). This one-world religion will be led by a “false prophet” (Revelation 13:11-15; 16:13; 19:10; 20:20). This false religion will dominate all people of the earth, all nations, and languages. While this inference is not certain, it certainly arouses our attention - especially in light of the history of the Catholic Church and Pope Francis’ statements in the past. Therefore, given the implications of this recent covenant between Pope Francis and Imam Sheikh Ahmed al-Tayeb we should be in prayer.
Ah thanks so much! Another thing to further my psychosis and loss of sanity...just what I needed today....

Kojikun

Oct 5, 2018
Well get your act together and take a new road - that leads to life.
It is not predetermined destiny it is about choices (with help from Jesus).
Already did still probably going to Hell. Nothings working nothing's changing and I'm losing my sanity rapidly....sorry this is not the thread for this I've had a bad past 30 years...I'll stop

Waggles

Sep 21, 2017
South
adelaiderevival.com
A historic document signed recently by Pope Francis and leading Muslim Imam Sheikh Ahmed al-Tayeb – whose official title is The Grand Imam of Al-Azhar – has many observers very concerned.
Gives a pretty clear indication of who the anti-Christ of Revelation is and also the man of sin in 2Thessalonians is.

Nov 26, 2012
I think this is an effective way to separate the wheat from the tares. The Catholics who desire an authentic relationship with the Almighty will see the their organization for what it is and defect. Those who blindly follow and are satisfied with mere religious activity, probably agree with the Pope.

danja

Nov 28, 2014
I am not at peace with this whole meeting he had with this muslim leader .I suspect it is a step towards one world religion .

Wansvic

Nov 27, 2018
I think this is an effective way to separate the wheat from the tares. The Catholics who desire an authentic relationship with the Almighty will see the their organization for what it is and defect. Those who blindly follow and are satisfied with mere religious activity, probably agree with the Pope.
And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues. Rev 18:4

JosephsDreams

Dec 31, 2015
Read about this a while ago. So what? Satan and the deceived bonding together. Ho hum. Thats been happening since...oh wait, since Genesis.
Just another sign of the Holy and Almightys return hastening. I say He cant come soon enough for me.