Potato Chips, Chicken McNuggets, and Mac'n'Cheese -- What are Your Favorite Comfort Foods and Routines?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

I_am_Canadian

Dec 8, 2014
yea
@I_am_Canadian and I were having an exclusive non-flirting conversation about kfc and mcnuggets and now other peeps are trying to butt in and add their dishes. grrr
But if you try my home made fetucinni alfredo and chicken cordon bleu you maybe tempted to give up fast food for lent lol

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
well when I've eaten some I'll let you know

some do call God 'The Big Cheese' but maybe its just the rats

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
ok Im gonna give it another day or so and if nobody has started any interesting new threads the cheese one will go up

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
well we talking about chocolate now so...Ive shelved the cheese thread for later

Aug 2, 2009
Hey Everyone,

A recent bout with (for me at least) a systematic preventative but not-particularly-pleasant medical routine currently had me thinking about what I personally do when I'm not feeling well physically, emotionally, or spiritually.

First, I made a "nest" for myself consisting of a plethora of (usually 4) pillows and (at least 2) fluffy blankets. Next, I queued up and listened to a sermon from a church I used to attend in another area for a bit of a spiritual boost.

And finally, I had to throw in a little bit of Ultimate Carbie Comfort: saltine crackers and/or potato chips, which are my staple food when I'm not feeling up to par, a can of Sprite (with a straw, of course! You know it's serious when straws are involved,) and maybe later, some mac'n'cheese. Now I know it will probably make some people sick just reading this, but for some reason, junk/fast food is always my first choice when I'm sick (not exactly a healthy decision, I know.) But my normal diet consists of a lot of eggs and vegetables, and those just don't cut it when I'm so nauseous that I can only stand for a couple minutes at a time.

I blame the fact that as a teen, I had a longer-than-expected hospital stay during which I begged my parents to bring me McDonald's "food" because I thought I would starve on all the bland hospital offerings, and so ever since that time, it's been "normal" for me to crave french fries, Chicken McNuggets (specifically McNuggets -- no other brand tastes the same!) and at home, as an easier, cheaper, and fast alternative for something salty, Kraft (gots to be Kraft!) boxed mac'n'cheese.

I guess the good thing about having relatively cheap tastes in comfort food is that it allows me to save more money for the medical bills! :unsure:

How about the rest of you?

* What are some typical symptoms you always get when you're not feeling well spiritually, mentally, or physically?

* What care routines have you developed to help you recover?

* What are some of your favorite items, foods, and things that you do (or don't do) that you always find soothing?

One of the challenges I find about single life is having to manage our own health care by ourselves, so I think it's interesting to find out how other singles navigate this as well.

Thank you all for sharing, and may God bless your health and well-being in all ways. :)
I need some comfort food right now. I don't know what to get but some of mine are mac and cheese, pizza, frozen yogurt or ice cream, costco chicken bakes, donuts, and hoagies.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I need some comfort food right now. I don't know what to get but some of mine are mac and cheese, pizza, frozen yogurt or ice cream, costco chicken bakes, donuts, and hoagies.
Ever try melting a bit of cream cheese into that mac and cheese? Makes it delicious.

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
ya'll probably gonna laugh at this, but cheeto's jalapeno mac n cheese is my favorite mac and cheese after trying it about a year ago.

not much heat, just a little kick.

Pipp

Majestic Llamacorn
Sep 17, 2013
Georgia
Anytime I'm sick sick...wonton soup is my go to food. After that, I want my bed, lots of pillows and my coziest blankets and maybe music.... then I'm free to rest to my hearts content.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Anytime I'm sick sick...wonton soup is my go to food. After that, I want my bed, lots of pillows and my coziest blankets and maybe music.... then I'm free to rest to my hearts content.
Duly noted that when Pipp is sick, she gets wanton. Er... I mean wonton.

oyster67

May 24, 2014
Sometimes I wake up late at night with slight nausea. I get a box of honey-nut cheerios and take it back to bed with me. Very soothing to my tummy. :giggle: