Potato Chips, Chicken McNuggets, and Mac'n'Cheese -- What are Your Favorite Comfort Foods and Routines?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

I_am_Canadian

Dec 8, 2014
I dont have a cardiologist
my doctor you have to pay to see her
I dont know any dietician or nutriontionist, do you?

How much money are you going to bet. I asked between the two mcnuggets or kfc.
not homecooked, although you can cook mcnuggets and kfc at home (if you have a pressure cooker or deep fryer, which I do not)
Thats the point the trans fats from deep fried food causes strokes and heart attacks, the best chicken is baked, barbequed or rotissary style

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Thats the point the trans fats from deep fried food causes strokes and heart attacks, the best chicken is baked, barbequed or rotissary style
yes I know but what would you say is worse, mcnuggets or kfc

of the two

I have never worked in a mcdonalds or a KFC so I'm not au fait with the cooking methods or secret recipes.

I_am_Canadian

Dec 8, 2014
yes I know but what would you say is worse, mcnuggets or kfc

of the two

I have never worked in a mcdonalds or a KFC so I'm not au fait with the cooking methods or secret recipes.
I would have to go with KFC since they serve chicken that has not been mechanically processed and reassembled.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
yes I would go for kfc over mcnuggets

But I do remember craving takeaways when I stayed in hospital because, weird thing is they dont put any salt on the food

I think your body needs salt, and salt preserves and flavours food, so not sure why hospitals omit it and everything then tastes bland.

Even in the Bible it says if salt loses its saltiness, its good for nothing and ought to be thrown out.

I_am_Canadian

Dec 8, 2014
yes I would go for kfc over mcnuggets

But I do remember craving takeaways when I stayed in hospital because, weird thing is they dont put any salt on the food

I think your body needs salt, and salt preserves and flavours food, so not sure why hospitals omit it and everything then tastes bland.

Even in the Bible it says if salt loses its saltiness, its good for nothing and ought to be thrown out.
Because its a hospital not a restaurant, they leave out the salt because of all the people with heart conditions and leave out sugar because of the diabetics. Salt does not give flavour it only enhances the flavour in the food.

But its not good for people with certain medical conditions. That is why they do not add it. Plus one thing you should jnow about salt its also a preservative. Thats why we are the salt of the earth to preserve the world the way God made it.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
why is salt bad for the heart? I thought too much FAT was bad for the heart.
sugar I know is bad for diabetics.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
thats weird...dont people ever use food as medicine in your culture?

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Because too much sodium/salt makes you retain water.
and that is bad for the heart how
I would think retaining water would be a good thing rather thans being dehydrated.

sorry..just never occured to me. I love savoury/ salty food. My heart is fine

I_am_Canadian

Dec 8, 2014
and that is bad for the heart how
I would think retaining water would be a good thing rather thans being dehydrated.

sorry..just never occured to me. I love savoury/ salty food. My heart is fine
My dad actually has a heart condition and sees a cardiologist.

GardenofWeeden

Jul 27, 2018
The Garden of Weeden
When I am stressed I cook...a LOT. So I might end up with a full 9 course meal or something, tasting along the way, and then be full and not want to eat, so I will give it to a neighbor. Don't even try to find a logic in it, there is none. I have been canning to relieve stress too, so I don't waste nearly as much.

If I am physically sick, I want Campbells Chicken Noodle Soup with lots of saltine crackers, diet sprite or 7-up and popsicles.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
When I am stressed I cook...a LOT. So I might end up with a full 9 course meal or something, tasting along the way, and then be full and not want to eat, so I will give it to a neighbor. Don't even try to find a logic in it, there is none.
Do tell...

Say, how many live in your neighborhood? Is there room for one more? :D :D :D

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
dang wonder if theres unsalted potato chips I dont think there is such a thing.
I know theres unsalted peanuts though

GardenofWeeden

Jul 27, 2018
The Garden of Weeden
Then cut down the powerlines. Im sure they will be great for timber framing
It's those big aluminum/metal ones lol
I don't have any in my yard, but a neighbor does. I just have the lines overhead going through my yard. I can't put any permanent structures on half my property because of them.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I would have to go with KFC since they serve chicken that has not been mechanically processed and reassembled.
I'm gonna have to report you to some kind of official. You're Canadian, this is a food thread and you have not ONCE mentioned poutine. Pretty sure that's negligence of your basic civic responsibility. :unsure::giggle: