(Potentially) Profound Thoughts

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Solemateleft

Honor, Courage, Commitment
Jun 25, 2017
You can't go back and change the beginning,
but you can start where you are
and change the ending...

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
Good one solemate....
“If ever you feel God is taking away something from your hand… don’t get sad. He is only emptying your hand so you can receive something better

In the meantime...

“In life don’t think about the pain, we went through, but the lessons it taught, not how much we’ve been hurt & cried but how much we’re blessed and loved by God.”

Yes, now I need a good laugh, how about the rest of you?

M

Miri

I had a potentially profound thought...once. 🙂

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Great thing about being old is, every thought you ever ha........uh, every thing you had......uh.......the things you thought........uh, hmm

Anyone turn the coffee pot on?

R

RodB65

Well, I fired my pot up as soon as I walked in the door. Been one of those days!!!

COFFWW_large.jpg

Poinsetta

Nov 24, 2018
I have a little souvenir tequila bottle will be offered to my friend since you will be sad if i take it ;)

Solemateleft

Jun 25, 2017
Wisdom Is Knowing The Right Path To Take, Integrity Is Taking It...
M.H. McKee

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Who are these people that say "less is more?"

qmark4.jpg

NO, IT IS NOT

more is more

Solemateleft

Jun 25, 2017

View attachment 191655

NO, IT IS NOT

more is more
oops, I think I might resemble that remark...

Ever attend a 2 hour meeting, event or briefing that was so bad that afterwards you thought to yourself:
- that's two hours of my life that I'll never get back...
- less of their wasteful use of my time; could have been more productive use of my time...
- or, thanks John - now after two hours of your brief we are now all somehow dumber (it's a joke)...
logic being: less of your confounding notions swirling around in my brain - would make me more smarter... hehe...

lukeabers

Dec 6, 2018

View attachment 191655

NO, IT IS NOT

more is more
Actually, sometimes less is more. For example, if a crack is forming on a piece of metal, drilling a hole at the end of the crack will stop the cracking and thereby increase the strength of the metal. Less sometimes actually is more.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Actually, sometimes less is more. For example, if a crack is forming on a piece of metal, drilling a hole at the end of the crack will stop the cracking and thereby increase the strength of the metal. Less sometimes actually is more.
:)
Not following that logic. Seems to me, if you drill the hole to stop the cracking, you end up with less cracking, so, less is still less......not more......right?

lukeabers

Dec 6, 2018
:)
Not following that logic. Seems to me, if you drill the hole to stop the cracking, you end up with less cracking, so, less is still less......not more......right?
There is less metal but the beam is stronger. Less is sometimes more, hate to break it to you :)

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Less is more when more would be overkill.

Example: I could post a big wall of text explaining "less is more" but instead I'm just using two sentences.

lukeabers

Dec 6, 2018

Example: I could post a big wall of text explaining "less is more" but instead I'm just using two sentences.
So, by the same logic, more could be less. But, seeing that less is more, more is actually more than it could be less because it is more...or less. ;)

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013

Saying less, regardless of the effect, is STILL less, and not more............. :)

cinder

Mar 26, 2014
I had an epiphany last night (yes I know it's a few weeks early for Epiphany). With all the tiny earphone technology we have today, people might actually think I'm talking on my cell phone when I'm really thinking out loud (what the unenlightened would call talking to myself). I suddenly feel so much more free to have good conversations with myself in public.

Solemateleft

Jun 25, 2017
Saying less, regardless of the effect, is STILL less, and not more............. :)
Less negativity creates more opportunities for positivity.
Less assumptions that result in judgement creates for more positive relationships. 😇