(Potentially) Profound Thoughts

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A bad mood is contagious, like the common cold. And like a common cold, the best way to keep from spreading a bad mood to other people is to keep your mouth shut.
I never thought about that. I wonder how many people I have made sick through the years by my attitude and mood.

Yeah, some people do vacation all wrong. Vacation is a time to rest a lot, take long naps, take it easy. They put so much energy into vacation that they wear themselves out.
I once went to Disney World with my cousins for 10 days. At the end I felt rejuvinated, despite the fact there is not a lot of Christianity there. I guess it has become worse. A hangout for immorality. But there are ways to get rest on a vacation, but I do not really know of anything but staying home and wasting the few days you get to do something in a lifetime.

This is a place for any profound thoughts we might have. Anybody is welcome to post any profound thoughts you might have had recently, or any not so profound thoughts. It may be updated daily or maybe not a post for two months, depending on how much thinking we have done lately...
My pastor signed my Bible in High School seemingly a million years ago with the quote, "Either this book will keep you from sin, or sin will keep you from this book." That seems to be a worldwide universal truth since it was written. It seems to only get more true with time.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
There's a teen at work, nice guy, good attitude, good work ethic, basically a great coworker. He has this rare bone disease, something genetic, and he's not really supposed to lift heavy things.

He asked the manager to get somebody to lift something 50 pounds in weight for him. The manager told another guy to take care of this. The other guy started making catty comments about "Well I'm getting this because (first guy's name) doesn't want to." I made the observation in passing - as politely as I could stand being at the time - that the first guy has a bone disease and doesn't need to be lifting that heavy box, and the second guy shut up.

But it started me thinking. I've been upset with people sometimes when I thought they were shirking their fair share of work. Not a lot, mind you, but often enough to bug me, because I wonder how many of those people really just couldn't do what I thought they should be doing.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
The beauty of your shores
At the birth of days dawn
Is that of a just rained forest
Surrounding as a cloak
A newborn fawn.

It's startling fresh
As new felled dew
Tasted by the lips of a loved one
Then tenderly shared by two.

p.rehbein

Goodservant

Mar 27, 2017
If you want to hear something profound, don't ask me. (that is the most profound that comes out of my fingertips this morning....)

And:
Life is like a good cheese. It tastes better when it is matured. (but store it well, and don't wait until it is molded)
I like that one becuse its funny

Goodservant

Mar 27, 2017
My profound thought although trying to be humble is that God is everywhere at all times, the Bible says this. He is omnipotent. I also like that God loves his children and sent his Son to save the world by changing it one person at a time or in groups through bible believing churches. May God bless everyone :)

Goodservant

Mar 27, 2017
There's man's (huMANkind) wisdom, then there is knowledge that can only come from God, THAT is true knowledge, now how do we get true wisdom from solitude? Asking for myself

Didymous

Feb 22, 2018
How many loves can a human heart have? My first three died in a very short period of time. I guess my answer is four.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
There's man's (huMANkind) wisdom, then there is knowledge that can only come from God, THAT is true knowledge, now how do we get true wisdom from solitude? Asking for myself
When you are alone with yourself and you realize it's okay to be alone with yourself, you are able to start figuring yourself out.

When I go to the animal shelter to find a dog, I can't tell anything about any of the dogs they have because ALL the dogs are yapping and any dog I want to look at is yapping just like all the rest. I have to ask to get the dog off alone, where I can deal with that dog without all the other dogs barking.

Similarly I am able to best figure myself out, think about things that are important to me and figure out why they are important to me (and figuring out WHY they are important to me is often more important than identifying which things are important to me) when I am alone, without the whole rest of the world speaking their opinions all around me.

Solemateleft

Honor, Courage, Commitment
Jun 25, 2017
I like the way you address the distinction. I've found that solitude allows for genuine self reflection; which leads to earnest wisdom gained thru life's experiences and lessons learned...

Jun 14, 2016
I heard this one last night:

Bed room comes at the cost of bedroom.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I never thought about that. I wonder how many people I have made sick through the years by my attitude and mood.
I probably caused an epidemic through my early adult years. Perhaps the opposite is true also, a good mood and attitude could be like a vaccine of some sort to prevent one from becoming a sourpuss.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
If you mean at the same time, then I would agree with that. God, and your woman.
Well, actually I meant my late second wife and my third (and last) wife. You have the right idea in placing God at the center of the marriage. Your thought process is spiritually sound.