(Potentially) Profound Thoughts

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I sometimes do that, insert a positive when people are dissing somebody, just because I don't think the person they are dissing deserves that. Also because I get a kick out of making a gripe session lose steam. :cool:

theanointedwinner

Nov 6, 2018
negative thoughts can make face look meaner

positive thoughts can make face look kinder

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Life is like an interstate... and the length of the road maps pretty well to the passing of time. We all get on at different ramps and we all get off at different exits, but while any given person is on the road with me, he is my neighbor.

I can do my best to cut people off and get myself ahead, or I can slow-poke in the right lane and waste my time, or I can maintain awareness of traffic around me and work with everybody else to get all of us down the road at a reasonable rate. I can move over to let somebody else by or I can hang in my lane because I don't have a personal reason to care.

I can make fun of your old clunker or envy your new sports car or I can improve my ride as best I can and learn how to use it effectively.

But no matter what I do, I'll get to my exit ramp either way. And when I get off the interstate it doesn't really matter how fast I got down the road or what kind of car I was driving. The only thing that will matter is the journey and the end of it.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I have made the observation that game developers must be very, very careful when balancing the hardcore, extreme, ultimate, whatever you call it highest difficulty level. If you make it too hard, players complain it's unbeatable. If you make it too easy they complain there's no challenge.

But if you make it just right... If it is just right then masses of gamers will spend YEARS playing it over and over, refining strategies, making spreadsheets of armor and weapons and tactics, arguing with each other over which stats and strats are best, getting really upset when people disagree with them... I mean if you think people get mad when they are cut off on the freeway, you should see the tempers flare when you say you have something better than somebody's pet strategy on a video game.

I still can't get over this. There are people who take great pride in their ability to figure out and take advantage of a video game, a system that was made to be beaten. It boggles my mind.

Leastamongmany

Jun 2, 2019
Usa
If he had less bad seeds, he would have planted less bad seeds.............the growth number of the good seeds would not have increased unless he increased the number of seeds he carried. But, if he did that, then both bad and good seeds he carried would have increased as well.

Less is less

More is more

)
You my Brother are a mess....a good mess but still a mess!💖💖💖

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
Just read this and found it quite profound.

To wholly trust in the conscience of self is an exercise in self destruction; prudence is not inherent in mankind

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
This is a quote I saw in a chatroom today. I'll post it as an anonymous quote, unless the person who said it wants to claim credit.

"I don't know the secret to happiness, but I do know Jesus and mexican food never hurt anybody."

"Mexican food has been known to cause discomfort and embarrassment though. Mind you, Jesus has been known to do the same."

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
A bad mood is like bad breath. It stinks and makes people want to avoid you, but it's a lot easier to hide if you keep your mouth closed. Also it's usually a temporary problem that you can do something about, but if it's a permanent thing you probably need to get help.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
You can drive your body as hard as you drive a car, and it can be thrilling to (metaphorically) squeal tires, take hard turns and slide to a stop. But just like a car, your body will soon have worn tires, a suspension that is shot and an engine that is missing on some cylinders.

The best way to keep yourself on the road for the long haul is to make the trip overall as smooth as you can.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I read the Bible multiple times for the same reason I read a video game's instruction manual multiple times. I can read the manual before I start the game, but parts of it are over my head because I haven't played the game to know what it is referring to. Then I play the game for a bit, then I go back to the manual and it makes a lot more sense now.

The Bible hasn't changed since the last time I read it, but I sure have.

Poinsetta

Nov 24, 2018
This is a quote I saw in a chatroom today. I'll post it as an anonymous quote, unless the person who said it wants to claim credit.

"I don't know the secret to happiness, but I do know Jesus and mexican food never hurt anybody."

"Mexican food has been known to cause discomfort and embarrassment though. Mind you, Jesus has been known to do the same."
Made my day. Thanks?

Poinsetta

Nov 24, 2018
A bad mood is like bad breath. It stinks and makes people want to avoid you, but it's a lot easier to hide if you keep your mouth closed. Also it's usually a temporary problem that you can do something about, but if it's a permanent thing you probably need to get help.
Serious real issues dude. ;)

Poinsetta

Nov 24, 2018
I read the Bible multiple times for the same reason I read a video game's instruction manual multiple times. I can read the manual before I start the game, but parts of it are over my head because I haven't played the game to know what it is referring to. Then I play the game for a bit, then I go back to the manual and it makes a lot more sense now.

The Bible hasn't changed since the last time I read it, but I sure have.
You get a 5 star rating for this.

Poinsetta

Nov 24, 2018
I have made the observation that game developers must be very, very careful when balancing the hardcore, extreme, ultimate, whatever you call it highest difficulty level. If you make it too hard, players complain it's unbeatable. If you make it too easy they complain there's no challenge.

But if you make it just right... If it is just right then masses of gamers will spend YEARS playing it over and over, refining strategies, making spreadsheets of armor and weapons and tactics, arguing with each other over which stats and strats are best, getting really upset when people disagree with them... I mean if you think people get mad when they are cut off on the freeway, you should see the tempers flare when you say you have something better than somebody's pet strategy on a video game.

I still can't get over this. There are people who take great pride in their ability to figure out and take advantage of a video game, a system that was made to be beaten. It boggles my mind.
This is true, in a way......🤦‍♀️

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Sometimes the road God puts us on looks like it is going the wrong direction. Don't get too upset about it. The only roads I've ever seen that were arrow-straight for their whole length are the roads going through the wilderness where very little grows, and nobody cares enough about the land to own any of it, so the roads don't have to go around anybody's property. Everywhere there is life, the roads always have curves.

And you never know exactly what direction you'll be going after you get around that next curve.