Hey beloved Friends and Family. You have some time to examine Micah 6:8 with me? It is such a powerful verse.
You ever ask yourself, "what is His will..what does He want from me and my life? I most certainly have. I spent years wrestling over this, looking constantly for direction, waiting for the indications and confirmation that would lead me in one direction or the other. From should I do mission work, to should I move, to should I stay in an unhealthy relationship, to should I remain single. You know, just keeping myself in a state of wide eyed-ness from fretting that I might miss His call, taking me down the wrong direction. I laugh now, realizing that my worry is insulting to my God. I mean, as if He is unable to make clear His will in my life, that is a silly, even ridiculous, notion.
First of all, regardless anything, He is present. He is always ABLE to reach us no matter which way we travel. He and His power are not contingent on our choices.
Your ears will hear a word behind you, "This is the way, walk in it," whenever you turn to the right or to the left. Isaiah 30:21 NASB
Whew, I find that to be a mighty load unburdened. But so does it matter what I do or where I go?
Of course, but the first important Will of His can be applied no matter what you decide. And in doing so, we can also draw nearer to enable greater discernment and greater trust in Him and His Omnipresence.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? Micah 6:8 KJV
Ok, are you still here...have I been too long winded? If so, bare with me, I'm getting to my point. Ultimately, our greatest desire should always be Him, right? So in that hope alone, we are seeking to walk with Him, right? When we want to be near someone we trust, one we know has our best interest in mind, one who possesses the power to see to it fulfilled, we are naturally going to seek Him out; also, with our utmost sincerity, we do so humbly, right? Naturally, we will Honor Him. Without question or pause, we acknowledge His right to Glory and Praise.
Are we together so far?
So what does that look like? How is that manifested in our lives? How can we apply our desire to the walk with Him, so to speak? He just told us...to do justice, to put forth integrity in all that we say, do, and think. And in doing so, the love of mercy will follow. When we are drawn out of a loving heart to the eyes of tenderness and kindness, forgiving others their shortcomings, that expresses the utmost justice, the utmost integrity. This is the very nature of the one we aim to please. He abides where this kind of selflessness resides. It is who He is with us and for us.
So...
Regardless of the direction we take, to the right or left, when we walk with a sincere heart to serve one another, to love one another, our profitable and edifying actions will indicate Him. Our being will have His light of love and mercy written all over it. Yes, seeking Him and His leadership in our lives demonstrates His divinely beautiful Will in our lives.
How honeycombed it is abiding with Him.
You ever ask yourself, "what is His will..what does He want from me and my life? I most certainly have. I spent years wrestling over this, looking constantly for direction, waiting for the indications and confirmation that would lead me in one direction or the other. From should I do mission work, to should I move, to should I stay in an unhealthy relationship, to should I remain single. You know, just keeping myself in a state of wide eyed-ness from fretting that I might miss His call, taking me down the wrong direction. I laugh now, realizing that my worry is insulting to my God. I mean, as if He is unable to make clear His will in my life, that is a silly, even ridiculous, notion.
First of all, regardless anything, He is present. He is always ABLE to reach us no matter which way we travel. He and His power are not contingent on our choices.
Your ears will hear a word behind you, "This is the way, walk in it," whenever you turn to the right or to the left. Isaiah 30:21 NASB
Whew, I find that to be a mighty load unburdened. But so does it matter what I do or where I go?
Of course, but the first important Will of His can be applied no matter what you decide. And in doing so, we can also draw nearer to enable greater discernment and greater trust in Him and His Omnipresence.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? Micah 6:8 KJV
Ok, are you still here...have I been too long winded? If so, bare with me, I'm getting to my point. Ultimately, our greatest desire should always be Him, right? So in that hope alone, we are seeking to walk with Him, right? When we want to be near someone we trust, one we know has our best interest in mind, one who possesses the power to see to it fulfilled, we are naturally going to seek Him out; also, with our utmost sincerity, we do so humbly, right? Naturally, we will Honor Him. Without question or pause, we acknowledge His right to Glory and Praise.
Are we together so far?
So what does that look like? How is that manifested in our lives? How can we apply our desire to the walk with Him, so to speak? He just told us...to do justice, to put forth integrity in all that we say, do, and think. And in doing so, the love of mercy will follow. When we are drawn out of a loving heart to the eyes of tenderness and kindness, forgiving others their shortcomings, that expresses the utmost justice, the utmost integrity. This is the very nature of the one we aim to please. He abides where this kind of selflessness resides. It is who He is with us and for us.
So...
Regardless of the direction we take, to the right or left, when we walk with a sincere heart to serve one another, to love one another, our profitable and edifying actions will indicate Him. Our being will have His light of love and mercy written all over it. Yes, seeking Him and His leadership in our lives demonstrates His divinely beautiful Will in our lives.
How honeycombed it is abiding with Him.