Pray for my aunt and I over this Christmas period

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
M

Miri

Hi guys I wonder if you wouldn’t mind praying for my aunt and me.

Things have been really difficult the last six months. She is 83 with multiple
health problems, i work part time and am also her carer, both day and getting
up in the middle of the night for her.

I’ve pretty much had to call an ambulance out nearly every month since July for one
thing or another, each time it’s meant a few days in hospital, several hours in
A & E, trying to fit in hospital visits inbetween working. Planning for her return
home, time off work when she does come home (she gets very confused in
hospital and it takes a few days to settle).

I would really appreciate prayer that she will remain well over this coming
Christmas period. We could both do with a stress free Christmas and quality
time without calling out doctors, ambulances and oxygen people.

I don’t know how much longer she will be with us. Each time I’ve thought it
was her time to go, she has defied the odds and made a come back.
Now though with her increased medical needs and repeated hospital visits.
The odds of something happening are getting shorter and shorter.

It would just be so meaningful if we could have a good peaceful
Christmas together.

Christmas 2017 I had to call our own doctor out plus the out of hours service
during the Christmas week.

During her birthday this year she wasn’t too well, we had a little party for her but she
wasn’t really well enough enjoy to fully enjoy it.

During my 50th birthday this year she was in hospital, I ended up baking my own 50th
birthday cake and taking it to hospital to share with her and patients/staff.

So you see how important this Christmas is, to just enjoy it for once, without any
drama and make some good memories.

Thanks and sorry for going on! Lol

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
Oh no... thank you for sharing, truly. I think you are so right, the two of you need a reprieve. I pray that He brings you both a hedge of protection, filled with peace, rest, and healing, that He blesses your home and fills you both with the abundance of Him as you celebrate His birth. Hugs Miri, I would appreciate it if you let us know how it goes for you and your Aunty. God Bless you both... ♡

levi85

Jul 2, 2013
Lord we agree and pray, please bless Miri and her aunt. Bless Miri's aunt with a good health, also bless Miri to focus on her work. Lord bless both with a beautiful christmas season, without stress, health issues, ambulances and frequent visit to hospital. Lord please bless, in Jesus loving name, Amen!

Solemateleft

Honor, Courage, Commitment
Jun 25, 2017
Hi guys I wonder if you wouldn’t mind praying for my aunt and me.

Things have been really difficult the last six months. She is 83 with multiple
health problems, i work part time and am also her carer, both day and getting
up in the middle of the night for her.

I’ve pretty much had to call an ambulance out nearly every month since July for one
thing or another, each time it’s meant a few days in hospital, several hours in
A & E, trying to fit in hospital visits inbetween working. Planning for her return
home, time off work when she does come home (she gets very confused in
hospital and it takes a few days to settle).

I would really appreciate prayer that she will remain well over this coming
Christmas period. We could both do with a stress free Christmas and quality
time without calling out doctors, ambulances and oxygen people.

I don’t know how much longer she will be with us. Each time I’ve thought it
was her time to go, she has defied the odds and made a come back.
Now though with her increased medical needs and repeated hospital visits.
The odds of something happening are getting shorter and shorter.

It would just be so meaningful if we could have a good peaceful
Christmas together.

Christmas 2017 I had to call our own doctor out plus the out of hours service
during the Christmas week.

During her birthday this year she wasn’t too well, we had a little party for her but she
wasn’t really well enough enjoy to fully enjoy it.

During my 50th birthday this year she was in hospital, I ended up baking my own 50th
birthday cake and taking it to hospital to share with her and patients/staff.

So you see how important this Christmas is, to just enjoy it for once, without any
drama and make some good memories.

Thanks and sorry for going on! Lol
Dear Lord, we pray that you bless our dear friend Miri and her dear Aunt... Please bless Miri's Aunt with your grace and mercy along her enduring journey. Please bless Miri with continued strength, patience, perseverance and peace of mind and heart along her remarkable giving and selfless journey... Lord we pray you bless this family such that their hearts are touched knowing you are with them and that they are genuinely blessed to have each other in this life and eternally in your time.
God Bless

Violet24

Apr 14, 2015
Miri, After reading your post, I noticed you mentioned, that you would like to enjoy this Christmas without any drama, as your Aunt has had multiple health issues, hospitals visits etc...I understand you are most likely feeling a lot of exhaustion physically, mentally & emotionally. Being a caregiver is difficult enough, especially if its around the clock care. My prayer for you, is that you would allow the Lord to be your hands & feet towards your aunt. Her health problems should not be looked at as "drama", as she is elderly & unable to do a lot of things on her own due to health problems. I also pray that the Lord will lead you to more resources for helping in your caregiving for you aunt. If you feel your patience are getting shorter because of constant care & urgent medical needs for you Aunt, then its so important to look for services locally that will help provide "in home care" etc for your aunt.
Lord Jesus, I lift up Miri & her aunt to you in prayer, that your would bring comfort & healing to Miri's aunt, in every way, both physically, emotionally etc...May her aunt know your Love more & more through Miri and her love for you Lord. Cover Miri with your grace & peace, and may the spirit of "unity" dwell between Miri and her aunt from sunrise to sunset, as Your Mercies are new every morning Lord. Provide all the necessary resources for Miri's aunt to thrive & live strong until you take her home to heaven. In Jesus name!

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, Courage to change the things I can, And wisdom to know the difference.

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
You know I am praying for both of you! I will pray for a peaceful, at home Christmas, too!

S

Sweetmorningdew78

Father God I ask for a peaceful,joyful and free from stress Christmas for Miri and her Aunt in Jesus name! Amen ❤

Deror

Mar 30, 2018
Definitely will pray for you both, you sound like a remarkable person Miri. Praying that you know the Mighty God is very near to you, Jesus Christ Mighty Saviour who carried all our sorrows is praying in the sanctuary for you too. God bless you

Heavenly Father, ThankYou for caring for us, please can I ask for Miri and her aunt to have a Peaceful, restful, calm, enjoyable Christmastime and for Joy from You Jesus to fill their home by Your Holy Spirit in Jesus name. May her aunt have a massive improvement in her health and respite from the docs and hospitals. I ask in Jesus name, Thankyou Amen.

Violet24

Apr 14, 2015
Miri, I forgot to mention is my post, that I'll also pray that you and your aunt "Have a Very Merry Christmas!!! and may you both know that Lords peace & love for you even more!!!

M

Miri

Well we’ve managed to get through Christmas without calling out the Dr or an ambulance.

It has been hard though. I don’t know if it was the slight change in routine or maybe too much sugar, but my aunt has been more confused than normal which has been challenging. Or possibly it’s been the dementia side of things showing up more.

But thanks for your prayers as physically so far she has been fine. That’s the first Christmas for a few years now. 🙂

Silverwings

Jul 27, 2016
Lord, we thank you that Miri is willing to go the extra mile for her aunt, knowing that this has to be very stressful for her, we ask you for more grace to see her thru, give her the strength that she needs to handle what ever is needed and necessary, comfort the aunt, and keep her as healthy and calm as possible for the time that she has remaining, and send extra help so that Miri can have some time off to herself, to renew and refresh her spirit and her body, amen.

Deror

Mar 30, 2018
Miri, For some reason, I was led to pray for you to have a restoring holiday next year. A spa, or something pampering whatever restoring/pampering/restful/relaxing would be for you.
May someone treat you in 2019 in Jesus name !

Glad you both got some respite from calling docs out and such. Take good care, keeping you and your aunt in prayer. Jesus Bless you mightily. God Bless