Prayer and grieving

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Ellorah

Jan 28, 2019
South Carolina
Would you all be so kind to pray for me and the sadness within my heart. In two weeks I celebrate the passing of my Mom. I use the word celebrate as my family where so blessed with her. She was warm and compassionate. She brought sunlight everywhere she went. This pain is so horrible and I can't seem to shake the sadness. It's been 12 months and I still feel like
I'm at day one.

Add to that a relationship that ended in December. I'm just heartbroken and grieving. I could sure use prayers. Thank you all.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
Ellorah, ouch ouch ouch, so much loss, still so raw. I am so sorry. She sounds like she was so precious. Of course you are heartbroken. I lift you and your family in prayers, in Jesus name, asking Him to heal the pain from all the loss you have been enduring. If you ever want or need to cry or share, my heart and door is open to you. God Bless you, Sister. I am so glad that you have Jesus in your heart to help you through this more than heavy season. Hugs...♡

Ellorah

Jan 28, 2019
South Carolina
Ellorah, ouch ouch ouch, so much loss, still so raw. I am so sorry. She sounds like she was so precious. Of course you are heartbroken. I lift you and your family in prayers, in Jesus name, asking Him to heal the pain from all the loss you have been enduring. If you ever want or need to cry or share, my heart and door is open to you. God Bless you, Sister. I am so glad that you have Jesus in your heart to help you through this more than heavy season. Hugs...♡
Thank you so much ! It's been a year of first. First birthday and Christmas and everything without her. She was beautiful inside and out and such a strong woman of God.

1549056281845_photo.jpeg

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
Thank you so much ! It's been a year of first. First birthday and Christmas and everything without her. She was beautiful inside and out and such a strong woman of God.

View attachment 193805
Wow so stunning. Talk about ache, I was just reading about grieving, and lamenting in the Bible. It is so so so hard!! I am glad that you had such a wonderful mama but sad that it hurts so much.

levi85

Jul 2, 2013
Lord we agree and pray bless Ellorah in this matter. Give her your comfort , peace, strength and bring her out of the sorrow. Please bless her wipe her tears and bless her. Please bless Ellorah, in Jesus loving name, Amen!

Jan7777777

Oct 19, 2018
Would you all be so kind to pray for me and the sadness within my heart. In two weeks I celebrate the passing of my Mom. I use the word celebrate as my family where so blessed with her. She was warm and compassionate. She brought sunlight everywhere she went. This pain is so horrible and I can't seem to shake the sadness. It's been 12 months and I still feel like
I'm at day one.

Add to that a relationship that ended in December. I'm just heartbroken and grieving. I could sure use prayers. Thank you all.
~~~~~~
so sorry you are hurting, just let go and let him heal you , what helped me when I was in such deep sorrow( so deep I felt my spirit detaching from my body, the hurt was so great) I started praising the Lord, which relieved it that day ….but when I started STUDYING...not reading his word, it was like it was falling off me, ( the sorrow) , it did that each time I studied his word, and to study you temporarily take your mind off your hurts, do that to tolerate the sorrow, and God help you through this time.

Journeyman

Jan 10, 2019
Dear heavenly Father, please comfort Ellorah each day until she and her mom are reunited forever. Praise you Jesus.

Ellorah

Jan 28, 2019
South Carolina
Thank you all so much. It has been a rough day. Twelve hour shift today. I was pulled to psych and I'm not a psych nurse. I was punched in the face. I had this whole pour my heart out session typed up in my head. Now the words won't come. Hurt like everything. God bless the psych nurses.

Feb 28, 2016
Praise God for His most compassionate Love, as He teaches us how to appreciate this, His Holy, Heavenly Love.,.
ever wonder how that this is our weakness, lack of Faith that keeps us from accepting His Holy will??
of course it's our natural way to grieve, but through this, He gives us our natural 'relief'...

Solemateleft

Honor, Courage, Commitment
Jun 25, 2017
I'm at day one.

Ellorah, my heart aches for your grieving soul and the loss of your mother at such a young age - I can not imagine! I am praying that our lord blesses you and touches your heart in such a way that you are ultimately able to come to a place of peace within your soul - knowing that you and your mothers kindred spirits will once again share the glorious joy of lords magnificent salvation in an eternal life together by HIS side... Have faith in HIM and you will find the peace within your soul knowing that your mother remains with you every single day of your life upon this earth...
With regard to being alone - Take this time for self reflection and strive to trust in HIS masterful plans for you... Strive to focus upon being the best version of yourself possible (seize the day in this life) in HIS eyes and seek his blessings via your heightened faith in HIM...
God Bless

Jan 30, 2019
I will pray for your strength and comfort during this difficult time. We just celebrated a year in October for the passing of my stepfather. I promise that things do get easier with time as the sweet loving memories you have of your loved ones is your strength to get through difficult times. Along with many prayers from all your christian brothers and sisters.

EmilyFoster

Jul 10, 2018
I’m so sorry to read about your loss, the recent relationship issue you and your rough day at work, Ellorah. It’s nice of you to reach out here. I’m praying that our God of all comfort will hide you under His wings at this difficult time. Your mom will always hold a special tender place in your heart, and her influence will remain with you as long as you live. As Scripture tells us, “The Lord is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit” (Psalm 34:18). Also, you might be interested in doing some reading in this topic: bit.ly/2Cyhwnq. Grace and peace to you and your family.

Nov 26, 2018
May the Lord comfort and secure your spirit. My mother is passing away now and it hurts. Also going through a separation that has not been easy as well. Reading the word has been my primary source of strength. Worshiping God with others is good but it seems like after service we all go to our own lives whereas the early church seemed to gather all the time. May the Lord comfort and secure your spirit.

Ellorah

Jan 28, 2019
South Carolina
May the Lord comfort and secure your spirit. My mother is passing away now and it hurts. Also going through a separation that has not been easy as well. Reading the word has been my primary source of strength. Worshiping God with others is good but it seems like after service we all go to our own lives whereas the early church seemed to gather all the time. May the Lord comfort and secure your spirit.

I'm sending you a virtual hug and prayers for your momma. Its the hardest thing ever. And yeah its testing my faith. Most days I cling to God yet still have moments when I think why would you do this ? My mom was so special. She had the kindest of hearts. Thank you and God bless you.

I thank you ALL for the prayers of support.

Ellorah

Jan 28, 2019
South Carolina
I tossed and turned all night. Up and getting ready for church with my family. My thoughts have been off in 100 directions. Really missing people I loved.

Nov 26, 2018
I'm sending you a virtual hug and prayers for your momma. Its the hardest thing ever. And yeah its testing my faith. Most days I cling to God yet still have moments when I think why would you do this ? My mom was so special. She had the kindest of hearts. Thank you and God bless you.

I thank you ALL for the prayers of support.
I tossed and turned all night. Up and getting ready for church with my family. My thoughts have been off in 100 directions. Really missing people I loved.
May the Lord give his supreme comfort and rest. Thank you for sharing the heart of how God blessed you with a special and kind mother. We are here for you! It feels like a part of our heart is torn out when someone close is no longer in our presence.

I was in a minor car accident last year and my life has fallen apart in almost every way possible which has caused insomnia for the first time ever. How big is your immediate family?

Ellorah

Jan 28, 2019
South Carolina
May the Lord give his supreme comfort and rest. Thank you for sharing the heart of how God blessed you with a special and kind mother. We are here for you! It feels like a part of our heart is torn out when someone close is no longer in our presence.

I was in a minor car accident last year and my life has fallen apart in almost every way possible which has caused insomnia for the first time ever. How big is your immediate family?
I am so sorry to hear of your accident and how its had such a negative impact on your life. I will certainly hold you up in prayer also. God bless you with his love and healing.

My dad and grandparents are in Lexington Kentucky. I've an older Brother here in the Carolinas and a sweet nephew. No sisters. My nephew has really been a God send. I hang out with him as much as I can. I made a few faith based decisions this year and it's sort of changed things with my family. I know they don't understand my decisions and I'm ok with that. My brother has been outright harsh about it which is heartbreaking. He and I used to be so close now he ridicules me and my church. I'm so totally confused. I'm still going to church. I still believe in one God. Our God. And that he gave his son to die for me. I still pray just as I did in the Baptist faith. Its been a horribly rough year.
If you ever need to share or just talk I'm here. Most nights I don't sleep well either. If I can help in any way I will. God Bless you !

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
@Ellorah
I lost my mom when I was only 21, and a few months later my fiance dumped me. So i know how you feel.
A book i found helpful was A Grief Observed by CS Lewis. It was more or less his journaling after his wife died. It's a short book but I was helped by it. Perhaps you can too.

Ellorah

Jan 28, 2019
South Carolina
@Ellorah
I lost my mom when I was only 21, and a few months later my fiance dumped me. So i know how you feel.
A book i found helpful was A Grief Observed by CS Lewis. It was more or less his journaling after his wife died. It's a short book but I was helped by it. Perhaps you can too.

Thank you for sharing that. Tomorrow makes one year. I'm really not looking forward to tomorrow. I was in a committed relationship that ended in December so I get it. Thank you for the book advice. I will look for it.
Hugs !