Prayer and grieving

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

TheLearner

Jan 14, 2019
Brighton, MI
Would you all be so kind to pray for me and the sadness within my heart. In two weeks I celebrate the passing of my Mom. I use the word celebrate as my family where so blessed with her. She was warm and compassionate. She brought sunlight everywhere she went. This pain is so horrible and I can't seem to shake the sadness. It's been 12 months and I still feel like
I'm at day one.

Add to that a relationship that ended in December. I'm just heartbroken and grieving. I could sure use prayers. Thank you all.

My Mother also went home on Dec 25, 2018, My Father was Murdered on July 21, 1993. Both are in heaven as we speak.
The fact that they are in heaven makes it easier to deal with since, I know someday I will join them. I still think about my Father from time to time and I use the time to pray for the Salvation for every one I met in the last year. It also helps to play praise music. My Brother Larry is having a much harder time dealing with Mom's death. He is experiencing PSTD from it.

You are in our prayers,
Daniel and Nancy Marsh

Ellorah

Jan 28, 2019
South Carolina
My Mother also went home on Dec 25, 2018, My Father was Murdered on July 21, 1993. Both are in heaven as we speak.
The fact that they are in heaven makes it easier to deal with since, I know someday I will join them. I still think about my Father from time to time and I use the time to pray for the Salvation for every one I met in the last year. It also helps to play praise music. My Brother Larry is having a much harder time dealing with Mom's death. He is experiencing PSTD from it.

You are in our prayers,
Daniel and Nancy Marsh

I can't tell you how moved I am by this simple gesture. Thank you both so much. I'm sorrowed at what your family endured. God bless you both so much !!!!
Elle

Deror

Mar 30, 2018
Would you all be so kind to pray for me and the sadness within my heart. In two weeks I celebrate the passing of my Mom. I use the word celebrate as my family where so blessed with her. She was warm and compassionate. She brought sunlight everywhere she went. This pain is so horrible and I can't seem to shake the sadness. It's been 12 months and I still feel like
I'm at day one.

Add to that a relationship that ended in December. I'm just heartbroken and grieving. I could sure use prayers. Thank you all.
Dear @Ellorah, grief is such a personal thing - and there’s no time limit, even though we might feel like we should be further on.. but grief is such a deeply personal thing that time seems to stop being time in a way.. that’s how it was for me anyway.
Praying you can try not to feel any pressure about how long you feel this way for... for me, giving the grief space, and myself permission to feel whatever I was feeling helped in some way..

I’m so sorry for your loss, your Mom looks really beautiful and sunshiny.. Praying you find comfort in lovely warm memories.. I’d be glad to pray for you, and for Jesus to comfort you esp through the next few weeks..

I’m sorry about your relationship too.. you seem like a lovely lady and hope you know that God has a wonderful plan for you and your life. Praying you can rest in Jesus, receive His comfort and Peace for your heart.

I’ve got to sign off now, I’m on 3% battery and it’s very late here in UK but I’ll be thinking about you and praying. Thanks for asking us for prayers, it’s a privilege to pray. God bless you!

Nov 26, 2018
I am so sorry to hear of your accident and how its had such a negative impact on your life. I will certainly hold you up in prayer also. God bless you with his love and healing.

My dad and grandparents are in Lexington Kentucky. I've an older Brother here in the Carolinas and a sweet nephew. No sisters. My nephew has really been a God send. I hang out with him as much as I can. I made a few faith based decisions this year and it's sort of changed things with my family. I know they don't understand my decisions and I'm ok with that. My brother has been outright harsh about it which is heartbreaking. He and I used to be so close now he ridicules me and my church. I'm so totally confused. I'm still going to church. I still believe in one God. Our God. And that he gave his son to die for me. I still pray just as I did in the Baptist faith. Its been a horribly rough year.
If you ever need to share or just talk I'm here. Most nights I don't sleep well either. If I can help in any way I will. God Bless you !

Sad to see that some of your family do not support the spiritual pilgrimage that you are on. I can totally understand where you are coming from. It can be a painful situation when you love people that do not treat you the same because they do not understand how a life of faith can be a personal journey. What about you and your church does he ridicule?

Ellorah

Jan 28, 2019
South Carolina
Sad to see that some of your family do not support the spiritual pilgrimage that you are on. I can totally understand where you are coming from. It can be a painful situation when you love people that do not treat you the same because they do not understand how a life of faith can be a personal journey. What about you and your church does he ridicule?
I grew up in the Baptist faith. I am converting to Catholicism. 🙏

TheLearner

Jan 14, 2019
Brighton, MI
Please start a thread to describe what lead you to your new faith in Christ.

Thanks,
Daniel

PS have you ever heard of Catholic Answers.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I'm at day one.

I have just noticed this thread and will certainly pray for God to comfort you and lift the sadness off your heart and replace it with joy knowing that you will one day see Mom once again. I still miss my dad and he's been gone for 10 years. He is waiting to see me though, and your mom is waiting to see you too.

Soulalis

Sep 5, 2016
Have you been keeping the sabbath? Friday sunset to Saturday sunset spend time going through Richard OF'fill's sermons from his website and try to keep your mind on God He will spend that day with you. I recommend putting away any sin you might be holding onto. As long as your mind is on Him you will enter into His rest.

Nov 26, 2018
Wow that is a stark contrast of belief systems. I was exposed to Baptist denomination doctrines so to speak myself when I was younger but I have only recently learned about Catholicism which seems to be more of a religious system for theological rules. The hell fire and brimstone fear of sin can be sobering but I rather people be honest with me rather than a feel good message of prosperity. What about the Catholic Church seems to appeal to you?