Prayer for mental health and being close to Jesus agian.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

cazz

Aug 22, 2011
Hi, guys. Oh, my gosh, I've not logged into this site in absolutely ages. I hope that you are all well. So... It's hard to put into words, but I haven't been to church in such a long time. Apart from a couple of few odd occasions. My church is wonderful, and the people are brilliant. I just haven't been for some reason. I'm not sure what I'm so scared of, but I do suffer from anxiety. I want to be close with God again, because I haven't talked to Him for such a long time, recently. And also, I don't want to suffer from anxiety anymore. I've had it forever, at least it feels that way, since I was a little girl. My mom passed when I was four. My nan passed away when I was 17. And my little sister passed in 2017. Also, my step-grandad was horrible. Like, really horrible, because him and my lovely nan raised me. Well, my nan did, really. But I think all these things are connected to what's happening with me now, and Jesus, and our relationship. If that makes any sense. Thank you guys so much. Sending you love to all of you. Xxxx Also, on a very random note, I signed up for counselling, and tomorrow they're going to call me with their decision on if they feel they can help me or not. I'm a little nervous about that. I hope I'm doing the right thing. I'd love your prayer on that, too, if that's okay with you guys. God bless. Xxxx

cazz

Aug 22, 2011
I used voice to text to write it all so hope it all makes sence xxx

Anni

Sep 27, 2023
Hi cazz, welcome back! Your bubbly personality shines through your post, really positive sounding.
No worries about your post, it's perfectly understandable.
I understand anxiety & also depression. Counselling can be a real help, especially for past trauma. I think you're doing the right thing.
I'd encourage you to return to church, maybe go with someone? It's the place to be for encouragement & fellowship. It'll definitely help you get your relationship with Jesus strengthened. In fact, you can start by talking to Him right now. Say "Hello, Lord", I guarantee you'll have the biggest smile on your face.
It'll be a pleasure to pray for you.
May He richly bless you & grant you the desires of your heart.

17Bees

Oct 14, 2016
There was a period in my life when I had anxiety. Took many forms, it did. Uncontrollable fear I could only bear by moving around. Walking or running. Then I'd think I was having a heart attack because I couldn't catch my breath. Skipping heart beats.

And then there's you. The tragedies you've endured. Mine started when my dad died. And by Christ Jesus I understood the lack of control. I could see it because of new responsibilities I didn't know how to do. For me it was uncontrollable worry, not because of things I could do something about, but for things I couldn't identify!

Oh my gosh, I don't want you to go through that. Anybody to go through that. But what I was going to say is when I understood my lack of control is when I was led by Christ to lean on Him for control. And I learned that everything I was experiencing was a RUSE. It was a trick. I was running to control my anxiety and I wasn't dying of a heart attack, I was actually getting in better shape! The fear was a trick. A deceit! What entity does this kind of thing remind you of ? Would that be the same entity that tries to keep us away from God?

Maybe this was the thing I couldn't identify. But when I did, I could fight it. So, I pray for the same thing for you, in Christ's name. Good luck with your counselors.

cazz

Aug 22, 2011
Aww my gosh you guys are literally so amazing and kind and supportive. I know we've never met before, but I really do love you guys. Thank you for your support and prayers. It means so much. And also, thank you for being so compassionate and understanding. Xxxx

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019
#ICAMETOSHARE

"My child, I have heard your words and I can only hope and pray you stay strong
in the Lord. This being a quiet time to reflect on God's wisdom and to be calm and
focus on things you like and that which you find makes you happy.

'Let us pray to know anxiety often arises when caught up in things we can't change
and worldly disturbances need not to be a great concern, focus on your own peace and
wellbeing and be comfortable with who you are, and be glad in things you have.
'The Serenity prayer has been my go to prayer for many years, and with a spiritual
attitude, this prayer is a comfort and has often helped me in times of unrest and to know
there being many things I cannot change, except myself...and focus on being in God's care,
and all things shall come to be more orderly and manageable...a life here in the now.'

'Amen'

man-praying - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy.jpg

selahsays

May 31, 2023
Aww my gosh you guys are literally so amazing and kind and supportive. I know we've never met before, but I really do love you guys. Thank you for your support and prayers. It means so much. And also, thank you for being so compassionate and understanding. Xxxx
We love you, too. …and Jesus does, too! …and He promises to never, ever leave you nor forsake you. Just talk to Him like you’re talking to us. He really is your best Friend. Just know in your heart of hearts that He died for you. IMG_5699.gif

GRACE_ambassador

Feb 22, 2021
Midwest

PopClick

Aug 12, 2011
Hi there Cazz, I'm really sorry for what you're going through. I'm sure that all of your worries have a very valid reason for being there, and I'm sorry for all of the situations in your past that put them there. But that doesn't mean that they need to stay right where they are now.

For me it always helps to tell God all about what exactly is worrying or bothering me. I think this is one way we can "cast our burdens on the Lord", and when we do He will help us. Sometimes He helps through wisdom, so that we can see solutions to our problems, and sometimes it's through peace and calm, or just by making us feel heard and understood. I've found that this goes a very, very long way!

It also has helped me greatly to ask God to fill me with the Holy Spirit, whom Jesus called the comforter.

I am sure that you have your reasons for not talking to God lately, but this is one of those times where it will just bring you down further in the long run if you stay away from Him. He loves you and misses you! Try telling Him all about your worries (be as specific as you can, even if they seem like they're not worth mentioning), and see if He doesn't give you a healing dose of that comfort and understanding.

Love in Christ to you!