Prayer for salvation of husband and restoration of marriage

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
C

C28540

Please join me for praying for the salvation of my husband and the restoration of my marriage. After months of distancing himself from me emotionally and physically, he told me at 5:00 a.m. that he "can't do this anymore" and will be moving out. He says he simply does not "feel" love for me any longer. This is a second marriage for both of us. We have been married for 2.5 years and together for 7. I was saved when we met, back slid, and just recently found my way back to the Lord through the strain on my marriage and our finances. I do not know the status of my husband's salvation and do not know his heart but I stand prepared to stand in the gap for him and intercede on his behalf until God releases me. It is my prayer that God move mightily to soften my husband's heart, which has grown hard. I would appreciate prayers of agreement. "For I know the plans I have for you, plans to give you hope, and a future" says the Lord.

Thank you very much brothers and sisters. We serve a mighty God, with whom nothing is impossible!

Jun 22, 2013
I will add this to my prayer list. As long as you've been faithful in body and mind, there's a heart in you for reconcilliation, this may come through. Remember it takes two, and it will be up to him to make his choice, to his own blessing or his own peril.
But know that God will do what He can. That can take any form, from reminding the man of certain things, to making certain people cross his paths, or putting something in his environment so that a certain thing is on his mind at certain times.
Please keep me updated so I'll know how this prayer is working out. That is important to me :).

B

brokenwife

I will be praying for your marriage restoration along with my own. God is able. Use this time to draw near to the Lord, so that no matter what your husband choses God is all you need. God bless you and your family

Toska

Nov 16, 2013
I have already said a prayer for you, your husband, and your marriage. God is with you, continue to lean on Him during this trying time.

God Bless

C

C28540

Thank you to all who are standing in agreement with me. God is holding me up right now and although there is no outward appearance of change, He is providing me with the peace that passes all understanding. I confess, and God knows, that this hurts as my once loving husband now has a heart of stone. I believe, however, that all things work together for the good of those who love Him and that He can, and will, bring good out of bad. Some may say I am foolish, but if I am a fool, let me be a fool for God, who orchestrates and allows all that happens in the lives of His believers. Bless you all for your faith and for lifting my burden to the One who cares for us all.

Jun 22, 2013
Thank you to all who are standing in agreement with me. God is holding me up right now and although there is no outward appearance of change, He is providing me with the peace that passes all understanding. I confess, and God knows, that this hurts as my once loving husband now has a heart of stone. I believe, however, that all things work together for the good of those who love Him and that He can, and will, bring good out of bad. Some may say I am foolish, but if I am a fool, let me be a fool for God, who orchestrates and allows all that happens in the lives of His believers. Bless you all for your faith and for lifting my burden to the One who cares for us all.
Either post here, or PM us. I'm serious :)
It's important to know how God is working so we can rejoice with you, and free up prayer time when the prayer is answered.

C

C28540

I'm oh so sorry...not quite sure why the last post looked like it did; new user I guess! I will keep you all posted. I haven't actually seen or heard from my husband since my initial post. Looks like it will be a day or two before his rental is available so until then, I have moved into the guest room to spare us the expense of temporary housing. He went out around 2:30 p.m. and had not returned when I went to bed at 10:30 p.m. but is home and in our bed at the time of this post, which is 2:30 a.m. The Lord was faithful and allowed me restful sleep. Please pray for God's wisdom for me at this critical time as I feel it is important that I not question or try to talk some sense into my husband, for the next few days. My fleshly tendency will be to ask him a million questions about where he was or what he did and I desire the Holy Spirit to do all the talking! Quite a departure for me, as I usually talk too much...hence the length of this post! Thank you all and may God bless you for your faithfulness.

B

brokenclay

PRAYING for you now sister. PRAYING for your husband.

C

C28540

Good morning. I am asking for continued prayer for my husband and I. He has not left the marital residence yet but is scheduled to go today to check on his rental. He says he pretty much considers this to be permanent and that "it is what it is". I keep reminding myself that God is bigger that any problem I have and that if he leaves, it will be only because God allowed it. As much as I hate it, perhaps a separation is necessary for God to work in both of us. I confess that I am one who enjoys taking care of my husband and our home and I do not function well alone. Although I know God will never leave me or desert me, I know I will miss my husband terribly if he actually moves out. To further complicate matters, we work at the same place so there will be reminders of him everywhere. There is very little communication between us the few hours that he is at home each day (most of the time, I get one word answers and he does not initiate any conversation) but somehow, I take comfort in knowing he is here. Probably sad, but true. I continue to try to demonstrate love towards him despite his absolute indifference, and sometimes rudeness, to me. Please pray that God strengthen me for whatever might come my way and that I not only willingly, but eagerly, accept His will in my life. I do not believe that divorce is the answer to marital issues but know that it takes two to make a marriage work and three (husband, wife, and God) to make it work as He intended. Thank you all for your faithfulness and willingness to support me through this heartbreaking, difficult trial.

C

C28540

Re: Prayer for salvation of husband and restoration of marriage-UPDATE

Hello all! Just a quick update that may shed some light on my situation. My husband just stopped by my office. During our brief discussion, he said that he feels this separation is permanent because he has been at home for the last 6 months and done all that he could do to "look at things differently" or "change his feelings" but that he can't. He said my hoping things would work out was, in his opinion, "wishful thinking". He said that "you know how there is that one person in the room, and no matter what he or she does...", that is how he thinks of me. This, from a man that used to sing to me every morning, and cried like a baby during our wedding, just 2 short years ago. His heart is obviously hardened towards me, personally, and it is extremely painful. Lord, give me strength to stand.

Jruiz

Dec 13, 2013
I feel so bad for you.. I'm going through a similar situation with my husband. Did he tell you why he doesn't love you?

C

C28540

Good morning! I'm so very sorry to hear that you too, are going through a similar trial. My husband tells me he simply has no feeling towards me which I equate to hardness of heart. I confess that there was a period of time, when I turned my back on the Lord and was surrounded by darkness, that I felt the same way towards him. I wondered if I loved him and if I wanted to be married to him. During this time, I became more and more self-centered and selfish. I was miserable on the inside and wanted something or someone to blame for it...and he was the closest and most logical thing. It wasn't until I turned back to the Lord that my feelings for him returned. I can't say for certain that he is going through the same thing, or that is how he feels, only the good Lord knows for sure. What I can say is that God has provided me with peace that passes all understanding and as much as I want my husband to be saved and our marriage to work, I have been able to release him to God, knowing that all things work together for the good of those who love the Lord and are called to His purpose. I truly believe that good will come from this terrible situation. I have even had the strength to offer to help my husband in the transition process and know that is not coming from my flesh, which wants to hold on to him. I pray that you find peace and comfort in your situation and that you turn to the Lord, who binds up all wounds. I also pray that your spouse find the Lord for only He can fill the hole in our hearts, and the void in our lives, that we all search for through things of this world. I think we have to trust God for the outcome here and keep the faith, no matter what it looks like, for nothing is impossible with Him. May God bless you and your spouse with a marriage as He intended!

Mar 12, 2013
I'm sorry to read someone else is having the same heart break as myself.
I pray that God moves mountains, soften hearts and makes a way where no way seems possible.

Romans 15:13

Sep 17, 2013
You will be in my prayers as you are going through this. I also pray that God will speak to your husbands heart. This is not a easy thing to go through, I went through the same thing. After 17 years of marriage, my wife told me one night that she did not love me anymore. It was hard , not only on myself, but also our 2 daughters. However with the grace of God, I got through it. With him, all things are possible
God Bless
Chosenone

C

C28540

Thank you all for your prayers and support. I know God is doing a mighty work in me...teaching me to trust Him and love Him, more than I love myself or my own wants and desires. In many ways, I believe my husband was an idol and I looked to him for happiness and fulfillment. For those things, I have repented and asked forgiveness. It is my sincerest desire to serve God with all my heart and to have a marriage where He comes first, in both my life and my husband's life. I hope and pray that this separation, if it comes to pass, will be a tool to lead us both to that place. Know too that I am praying for all others similarly situated. God is showing me things that need to be changed in me and I am trying to focus on those things instead of what my husband is, or is not doing. I now realize that true happiness comes only from God and that my marriage, as good as it was at one point, will never be enough to satisfy my soul. Please don't get me wrong, this is one of the most painful, difficult things I've ever experienced and while I have had moments of sheer joy in His presence, there are times that my heart feels as if it is breaking all over again. I am trying to trust that God will use it for our good, and for His glory and to find peace in the midst of this storm. I pray that all of you find peace in the midst of your storms, whenever they may come and in whatever form they may take. God bless you all and please continue to pray for us!

GERIGIRL

Nov 9, 2017
AMEN I STAND WITH YOU SISTER God can do all things but fail

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
A friendly reminder to all; this is an old thread. The OP last posted in early 2014. :)