Prayer request for Anxiety and Depression

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Jay-Pee

Jan 1, 2018
Brothers and Sisters,

Please send prayers. I have weaned down to a low dose of antidepressant which was originally prescribed for anxiety and panic disorder.

I decided to try to come off since I was feeling better and once I got under 1 mg I started to feel depressed which I never was prior to taking meds. I been having ups and down and in December I had more downs. I have considered to re-updose but I have read some peaple don't get back to the way they were.

These feelings and thoughts of sucidal ideation torments me. I have no desire to act on those thoughts and that's what scares me because I know those thoughts are from the devil. I ask for my faith to strengthen, healing.

Thank you all

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
There are many here that have suffered from the debilitating affects of depression and anxiety, myself included. A certain member here, blue_ladybug has written extensively on this from her own experience and it is definitely worth checking out. I have said a prayer for God to deliver you from this torment. Hopefully, you will find comfort, support and understanding from the members of this site. Glad to have you as part of our family. Welcome to CC.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
As Tourist suggested, please read my depression and suicide testimonies. :) Just go to my profile, under the Blog tab, and you'll find them.

Brothers and Sisters,

Please send prayers. I have weaned down to a low dose of antidepressant which was originally prescribed for anxiety and panic disorder.

I decided to try to come off since I was feeling better and once I got under 1 mg I started to feel depressed which I never was prior to taking meds. I been having ups and down and in December I had more downs. I have considered to re-updose but I have read some peaple don't get back to the way they were.

These feelings and thoughts of sucidal ideation torments me. I have no desire to act on those thoughts and that's what scares me because I know those thoughts are from the devil. I ask for my faith to strengthen, healing.

Thank you all

Jay-Pee

Jan 1, 2018
Thank you I will look in your profile.

Jay-Pee

Jan 1, 2018
As Tourist suggested, please read my depression and suicide testimonies. :) Just go to my profile, under the Blog tab, and you'll find them.
Thank you I will look at your testimony

Jay-Pee

Jan 1, 2018
There are many here that have suffered from the debilitating affects of depression and anxiety, myself included. A certain member here, blue_ladybug has written extensively on this from her own experience and it is definitely worth checking out. I have said a prayer for God to deliver you from this torment. Hopefully, you will find comfort, support and understanding from the members of this site. Glad to have you as part of our family. Welcome to CC.
Thank you for your prayers

CherieR

May 6, 2017
Brothers and Sisters,

Thank you all

The more you fear these thoughts, the more likely you will have them. I would say to talk to a professional. Such as a therapist and psychiatrist about these thoughts and feelings and the fear you experience from having them. Suicidal thoughts and feelings is not something I would treat lightly. A trained professional should be able to spot the difference between someone who might commit suicide and someone who would not but is scared he/she might.

How are you doing on the anxiety and panic attacks? What do you think might be causing or contributing to the panic attacks?
I will pray for you. I have experienced anxiety and panic attacks... avoiding places that might trigger them is probably one of the worst things you could do in response to a panic attack. Know that panic attacks are not dangerous. One thing you can look up is the fight or flight response and panic attacks. The same bodily symptoms are experienced during actual life threatening situtations and assists to fight off the danger or run.

CherieR

May 6, 2017
I would also suggest that you would ask God to show you how he is like, to make it real to you in your heart. I have found for myself that I can hear something so many times of how God loves me, and of his love demonstrated through Christ death on the cross.. And then I hear a song( one heard so many times) and "soak" in the words and his love hits me like a ton of bricks. One particular time that happened, the night before( or early morning, possibly around 12:00am, don't know which ), I had prayed to God about some personal fear and may have also asked for a deeper understanding of his love. Then I went to church in the morning, when I really did not feel like getting up to go and I was overwhelmed.

I still have much ways to go in knowing his love deep in my heart. It is one thing to have this head knowledge of how God is like, but it is another thing for it to reach deep inside. And truths from the bible going from the head to the heart is not instantaneous. It is a process. Just pray for deeper understanding and really listen to what you are reading from Scripture and hearing through songs and preaching. And it is always good to check the bible to see if what is being preached corresponds to what is written there.

littlestarsmum

Oct 19, 2016
I’m sorry to hear about your struggles, friend. I know it’s not easy to go through anxiety and depression. They’re very complex that deserve personal and in-depth attention. Are you seeing a therapist/counselor? A caring professional would be in an excellent position to help you to cope up with your struggles. Please know that I’ll be praying for you, asking the Lord to surround you with His healing presence in a special and powerful way, filling you with His love, peace, and strength in the days ahead. You can always come here to share and we are here to support you. Sending prayers & wishing you well!

Dec 31, 2017
I also have been diagnosed with anxiety and depression and have came close to committing suicide more than once.. It's only because of God's grace and mercy that I am still here. He's the only hope we have and he will always lift us up and hold us in his arms of love if we will call out to him he will answer! I will be praying for you and I ask that you do the same for me.. Thanks and God bless you...

Jay-Pee

Jan 1, 2018
I’m sorry to hear about your struggles, friend. I know it’s not easy to go through anxiety and depression. They’re very complex that deserve personal and in-depth attention. Are you seeing a therapist/counselor? A caring professional would be in an excellent position to help you to cope up with your struggles. Please know that I’ll be praying for you, asking the Lord to surround you with His healing presence in a special and powerful way, filling you with His love, peace, and strength in the days ahead. You can always come here to share and we are here to support you. Sending prayers & wishing you well!
Littlestarsmum,

Thank you for your prayers. Yes I am seeing a psychologist and a Psychiatrist. Working on CBT, and I am still on Welbutrin and on a low dose of Lexapro. I want off meds, if I don't need them. I believe I self induced the panic and anxiety years ago after a cycle of abusing steroids because right after I started having panic attached I never had before.

I feel good today. I just returned from church. The Joy of the Lord is my strength.

God Bless

Jay-Pee

Jan 1, 2018
I also have been diagnosed with anxiety and depression and have came close to committing suicide more than once.. It's only because of God's grace and mercy that I am still here. He's the only hope we have and he will always lift us up and hold us in his arms of love if we will call out to him he will answer! I will be praying for you and I ask that you do the same for me.. Thanks and God bless you...
Timothy,

I appreciate the prayers I will certainly send prayers your way. I hope you improve and get Delivered.

God Bless

Jay-Pee

Jan 1, 2018
Thank you for your prayers. Yes I am seeing a psychologist and a Psychiatrist. Working on CBT, and I am still on Welbutrin and on a low dose of Lexapro. I want off meds, if I don't need them. I believe I self induced the panic and anxiety years ago after a cycle of abusing steroids because right after I started having panic attached I never had before.

Today I seen my Pdoc and she said it was passive self harm thoughts I get. Because I will see a knife for example and would get a thought " I could cut my wrist with that knife ". The thoughts have slowed down but I still get them sometimes. I don't avoid them. I actually challenge my thoughts which is part of CBT which I'm still working on.

I rarely get anxiety attacks and panic attacks. I was anxious last night over a physical symptoms I had, but Thank God I hardly get them. It's the depression that I get more often then any thing. I believe it's part of the withdrawal process of weaning off Lexapro because I was never depressed like this before.

A lot what contributes to my depression is my thoughts. I jump into conclusions a lot based on what physical symptom I might get. Other thoughts I get ...For example "I think I will never get better" or. " this depression will never go away and I must be on meds forever "

When I am down I drop to my knees and pray. I read scriptures, read the bible to elevate my mood.

Last edited:

CherieR

May 6, 2017
It is nice to hear that you are not getting panic attacks much anymore. And it is good to hear that you are praying and reading scripture. Pour out your heart to God and hold nothing back. Songs can have a way of encouraging me.... It is good that you are going through CBT as that deals with thoughts and distorted thinking. When you are working on counteracting negative thoughts with positive ones, choose positive thoughts that you believe to be true. If you don't believe it, it is not likely to help much at all.

It can also be good sharing with people face to face and over the phone what you are going through. I was told before that I was isolating myself from others before. I guess I did not think much of it, but apparently, that is what I was doing. I don't know whether you are doing that or not at all... You are doing good now and moving in the right direction. Keep it up. Ask God to help you determine and deal with the roots of the depression. Getting to the root and dealing with that, I believe, can go a long way in helping with depression. It does not mean you will not ever feel that way, but it should help. And you are in good company. I sent prayers your way...

Saturn

Apr 30, 2014
Hi Jay :) I'm so sorry to hear you're going through this. My heart really goes out to you. I have an anxiety disorder and have had anxiety and panic attacks since I was a child.

I was also on Wellbutrin. I was on it for a very long time. It never seemed to really take the anxiety and panic attacks away though. I've had some very dark days, but God has and is always faithful to get me through them.

I pray that God gives you peace during this time, I pray protection over your mind and that you will take every thought captive. The Bible says we have the mind of Christ and I'm praying his thoughts would be what rule over you.
If you ever need a listening ear I am always open :)

Jay-Pee

Jan 1, 2018
Hi Jay :) I'm so sorry to hear you're going through this. My heart really goes out to you. I have an anxiety disorder and have had anxiety and panic attacks since I was a child.

I was also on Wellbutrin. I was on it for a very long time. It never seemed to really take the anxiety and panic attacks away though. I've had some very dark days, but God has and is always faithful to get me through them.

I pray that God gives you peace during this time, I pray protection over your mind and that you will take every thought captive. The Bible says we have the mind of Christ and I'm praying his thoughts would be what rule over you.
If you ever need a listening ear I am always open :)
Saturn,

Thank you for you kinds word. I appreciate your prayers. The welbutrin was to combat side effects of the Lexapro. My doctor forgot I was on welbutrin and gave me permission to wean down the Lexapro. I read and hear it should be the opposite, since welbutrin is a activating drug and can cause anxiety. I am to far into my taper of Lexapro.

I appreciate you offering your your time if i ever need a ear to talk to you.

Gov bless you

stand2

Dec 6, 2017
Foe many years I denied any suggestions that I might be suffering from PTSD. Looking back now I realize how "boastful in spirit" I was. Then the bottom fell out. Long story short, I now receive regular counselling and professional monitoring of treatment. It has been seven years now and I have (IMO) done quite well. But the really huge part of overcoming PTS and depression was, and still is, God. Like many others here, I would not be here to enjoy the good parts of life that are so important to me. I sincerely pray for our Father in Heaven to richly bless you with the strength you need to uplift your spirit. In Jesus' Holy Name.....AMEN

levi85

Jul 2, 2013
Lord please touch and bless JayPee, in Jesus precious name, Amen!