Prayer Request: Struggling with Anger and Feelings of Unfairness at Work

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Janechai98

Member
Aug 14, 2023
41
19
8
I would like to ask for prayer regarding something that happened at work today. My boss gave a beautiful cake to one of my colleagues, and I asked if I could have one too. However, she gave me a much cheaper one instead. I ended up rejecting it, and since then I’ve been feeling very upset and angry about it.

I know this may seem like a small matter, but it really hurt me. I’ve been working at this company for almost six years, always giving my best. I often contribute a lot, and my English is stronger, so I help in many areas. My colleague, who received the nicer cake, struggles more with her work and communication. I do honour and respect her, but deep down I feel that the situation was unfair.

Part of the reason I wanted that cake was because my father will be hospitalized next week for surgery, and I had hoped to share that cake with him this weekend as something meaningful before his operation. Now it’s too late, and I feel disappointed.

I’ve tried listening to Christian hymns to calm down, but I’m still very angry and find it hard to let go. I truly love my workplace, my customers, and the environment, and I don’t wish to leave. I just need prayer for peace in my heart — to release these feelings of anger and hurt, to forgive easily, and to remember that God sees every small detail of our lives, even when others don’t.

Please pray that I can find rest in the Lord, trust His justice and timing, and feel His love more deeply than my frustration.
Thank you so much for praying for me.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Roughsoul1991
I would like to ask for prayer regarding something that happened at work today. My boss gave a beautiful cake to one of my colleagues, and I asked if I could have one too. However, she gave me a much cheaper one instead. I ended up rejecting it, and since then I’ve been feeling very upset and angry about it.

I know this may seem like a small matter, but it really hurt me. I’ve been working at this company for almost six years, always giving my best. I often contribute a lot, and my English is stronger, so I help in many areas. My colleague, who received the nicer cake, struggles more with her work and communication. I do honour and respect her, but deep down I feel that the situation was unfair.

Part of the reason I wanted that cake was because my father will be hospitalized next week for surgery, and I had hoped to share that cake with him this weekend as something meaningful before his operation. Now it’s too late, and I feel disappointed.

I’ve tried listening to Christian hymns to calm down, but I’m still very angry and find it hard to let go. I truly love my workplace, my customers, and the environment, and I don’t wish to leave. I just need prayer for peace in my heart — to release these feelings of anger and hurt, to forgive easily, and to remember that God sees every small detail of our lives, even when others don’t.

Please pray that I can find rest in the Lord, trust His justice and timing, and feel His love more deeply than my frustration.
Thank you so much for praying for me.

Don't be so quick to dismiss your feelings. That usually just builds resentment, anger, and jealousy. Something was done that wasn't just, it wasn't fair, and you were hurt. Most people would feel the same.

It also shows despite your love for the job, they don't appreciate your value which may be in itself a good reason to look for other jobs.

You could try communicating your feelings to your boss if you think that would be productive.

There is a reason God gets angry at unrighteousness and injustice. We are also created in His image and also find ourselves angry at unrighteousness and injustice. But yet scripture says to be angry but do not sin.

Sometimes what is unjust is something God wants us to react to Biblically. A loving but also wise type of way.
 
It would be even more special if you were to make your own cake for your father.

Why did you ask for cake too? Did anyone else get a cake?

I cannot see how her getting a cake was an act of unfairness to you. There is always a certain amount of unfairness in a work environment so I would not sweat the small stuff.

I hope that your boss was not offended when you rejected her offer of a smaller cake.
 
Father in Heaven, please guide the surgeon in preparing for Janechai's father's surgery this week. Asking for this to be a successful operation and for fast healing with zero complications. I also ask for healing and a better understanding with her heart and mind concerning her feelings towards her work colleague. And to give her Your strength to let go of any anger or resentment she may still feel about this, and lay it down at Your cross and leave it there. To replace those difficult feelings with Your compassion and love to instead want to do good deeds towards those who have wronged her, as Your Word tells us. We all need Your strength and wisdom to truly follow You Lord. This is where she'll find and enjoy Your peace and joy not only with this matter, but all matters of life. In Jesus name.. Amen ✝

Janechai, maybe allow the nicer cake to represent how much more support you're coworker needs than you. Seeing as she is not as good at your work as you are. I'm not sure if your boss knew about your father's upcoming surgery, but if not then it's probably best to no longer connect the two. This will only make it more difficult to look at this more fairly and probably will keep you tied to harsh feelings longer making this much more difficult. God bless you

1 Cor 12:21-26; Rom 15:1-3; Gal 6:2; Rom 14:1