Prayers for a bungalow

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

happyface

Jan 19, 2009
Thank you so much, for remembering us. Rods been vomiting and I'm stressed, hope he will manage to get this move. The housing expect us to pull up the carpet on the stairs, I'm annoyed with them. Otherwise we get charged.

D

Depleted

Thank you so much, for remembering us. Rods been vomiting and I'm stressed, hope he will manage to get this move. The housing expect us to pull up the carpet on the stairs, I'm annoyed with them. Otherwise we get charged.
So you're working toward the big move? (You got the bungalow?)

Woohoo!

And, is Rod vomiting at home or in the hospital?

Weird question, what happens if you don't take up the carpet? And then don't pay the charge? (You're in a different country than me, so I really don't know.)

I'd weigh how much the charge is compared to how much it would cost to get a teen to pull it up for me, and whichever one is cheaper, is the choice I'd make. (I know cheap really well. lol) I don't think John or I are up to removing carpet anymore, so that's about the best we could do.

happyface

Jan 19, 2009
Hi Lynn, I'm going to ask Rods son to lift it up on Sunday he's visiting. We are slowly getting things moving, just spoke to a decorator to paint out the bungalow he can do it in the week after next week. I'm just praying my husband keeps patient with everything. He's still not well, but I pray everyday.

happyface

Jan 19, 2009
Rods at home now out of hospital, he trying not to go back in hospital.

happyface

Jan 19, 2009
Rods at home now out of hospital, he trying not to go back in hospital.
I honestly don't know how to go about things, this is the truth. Rod isn't well, he had a letter saying he needs to go to the doctors for a blood test and urine sample because the hospital said he got kidney issues. He had a infection whilst in hospital so I guess it went to his kidneys. Rod is very reluctant to go back into hospital, im not sure why they discharged him in the first place to be honest.

Hes at home, and weak and not eating much, im depressed because I just don't know how to help him. I want to always be there for Rod, but hes just shattered, any mention of hospital he thinks im trying to get rid of him. All this whilst Im planning to move is to much. Prayers appreciated.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
He really should be getting in-home hospice care. That being said, if he doesn't want to go back to the hospital, then let him live out his final days at home. Tell him you love him, and you'll miss him, but that God will take care of you. Also, keep reminding him that God loves him and is in control of all this. Rod will soon be "home", in a place with no more pain and no sorrow. :)

Hopefully, the change of surroundings and environment when you move, will perk him up somewhat.. :)

images.jpg

I honestly don't know how to go about things, this is the truth. Rod isn't well, he had a letter saying he needs to go to the doctors for a blood test and urine sample because the hospital said he got kidney issues. He had a infection whilst in hospital so I guess it went to his kidneys. Rod is very reluctant to go back into hospital, im not sure why they discharged him in the first place to be honest.

Hes at home, and weak and not eating much, im depressed because I just don't know how to help him. I want to always be there for Rod, but hes just shattered, any mention of hospital he thinks im trying to get rid of him. All this whilst Im planning to move is to much. Prayers appreciated.

L

loverofjesus27

prayers sent.

D

Depleted

Is Rod willing to have an at home visit, so they can collect his samples?

He does or will have kidney issues. If it's just an infection, they can give drugs to fight the infection, but the cancer will get there or already has. They will stop functioning. This one really is on Rod's choices. He's not wrong in that if he keeps going back into the hospital he will die there. This is his choices now. Does he want to prolong enough to get to that bungalow? If he does, then he needs blood and urine test.

BTW, I've learned UK hospitals are quite a bit like Veteran hospitals in America, so, even if you guys use a different language, (British, instead of American, lol), the rundown is about the same. Once they check you out of the hospital they want you to go back for 20,000 appointments later. Something that John and I dreaded also for fear they'd put him back in. So, try this. Talk to Rod about what constitutes "reasons to go back in" versus "Never going in for that." There really were reasons they'd want John to go back in, (come on! A hole in his tush so deep they could see the inside of his pelvis bone? Yeah, that's bad!), but most of the stuff we were going to walk out even if they did say he had to check in. (Including that wound.) Our list for why he would go back in was short -- "He was having another heart attack." Everything else came under, "Not even if you begged us." So, if Rod knows you'll stick by him when getting the bloodwork, he might be willing to VISIT the hospital for that. Visit is okay. Stay is bad. (In his mind.)

And, be aware that it is likely he will make it into that bungalow and then die shortly after that. Everyone I've ever known who had cancer, and died, died trying to reach a goal or right after they reached it.
-- Mom wanted her own house. She missed it by two months.
-- Aunt wanted to move in with her brother before she died. She was getting things packed at home when she did die. Missed it by a week.
-- BIL wanted to go to Disney World one more time with his family. He died one week after they returned.
-- MIL wanted to know what was wrong with one of her granddaughters. She missed finding out by six months. (That was a good thing, since the prognosis for that granddaughter weren't ever going to be good.)

This isn't an accident. People need a reason to live. Rod's reason is to know you will be okay when he's gone. That is what the bungalow means to him. He's fighting with everything he has for you. He may be a pain in the butt, but quite a lot of that has to do with making sure you're set when he's gone. He's just really lousy at saying that, and I don't blame him. No way could I ever get the words "I'm dying" out of my mouth without a fall-apart scene to follow. And you know me. I HATE to cry.

happyface

Jan 19, 2009
Hi Lynn, I believe It's just a matter of blood test and urine test suppose to be for 2 years. Yes he had an infection but the hospital said it had cleared up. Rod wants to do these blood tests when he's moved, because he does not want bad news before he goes, I understand that. They had him on a drip with antibiotics in hospital to clear out the infection.

D

Depleted

Hi Lynn, I believe It's just a matter of blood test and urine test suppose to be for 2 years. Yes he had an infection but the hospital said it had cleared up. Rod wants to do these blood tests when he's moved, because he does not want bad news before he goes, I understand that. They had him on a drip with antibiotics in hospital to clear out the infection.
How long until the big move? Because I'm thinking if it's two weeks, I'd give him three before blood test. (One week to enjoy/acclimate. And count it as your honeymoon. lol)

happyface

Jan 19, 2009
Hi Lynn, it's 2nd November we move. X

happyface

Jan 19, 2009
Thank you for all your messages and prayers. I know I doing my best to arrange everything even got rid of items of furniture etc to charity. I'm praying Rod hangs in there, keep praying for Rod and health issues. X

happyface

Jan 19, 2009
Rod is up and down all night on the toilet, I pray his frequency of peeing gets better.

M

Miri

Hi happy there is so much help out there, if only you will
accept it.

A married couple I know both have cancer, she is now on palliative care, he has just
gone into remission. They contacted macmillions who have really helped them a lot.
They too got a Council bungalow and have had help with relocating both practically and financially.
They also found out about extra benefits they didn’t know about. At the moment they are
trying to sell their old house.

The macmillions nurse has also helped them with the paperwork side of things and
lots more. I know I mentioned it before but you really should consider contacting them.

Praying for you both.

https://www.macmillan.org.uk

happyface

Jan 19, 2009
I knew My husband would be tired. I feel my stomach hurts and it's a hormones thing. I'm so tired, and irratable. Today my husband said he passed blood again I saw it. I feel that I'm stuck because the hospital don't seem to be helping him, they have no idea. It's the extreme tiredness he's got, I suspect he's poorly somewhere. He said for me not to ring anyone he wants to sleep. I knew this would happen in between moving. I'm on a hormone change Ive had diahreea today, I'm just trying hard to make sense of everything. I have to wait until 10.30am now until Rod decides what he wants. It's awful.

D

Depleted

I knew My husband would be tired. I feel my stomach hurts and it's a hormones thing. I'm so tired, and irratable. Today my husband said he passed blood again I saw it. I feel that I'm stuck because the hospital don't seem to be helping him, they have no idea. It's the extreme tiredness he's got, I suspect he's poorly somewhere. He said for me not to ring anyone he wants to sleep. I knew this would happen in between moving. I'm on a hormone change Ive had diahreea today, I'm just trying hard to make sense of everything. I have to wait until 10.30am now until Rod decides what he wants. It's awful.
I use that wait-until-he-wakes-up part of the day to get regular chores done and give myself a little Me Time.