Prayers for Blain's and the Calloway's financial situation

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Blain,
Have you talked with any of the churches in your area, to see if they can provide some help?

Is this an issue that is likely to repeat, month after month, or is it a one time kind of thing?
yes i have talked with my local church they sadly could not help out

hornetguy

Jan 18, 2016
yes i have talked with my local church they sadly could not help out
Did they give a reason, or just a "no"?

You didn't answer if this is going to be an every month kind of "shortfall".... that can make a big difference in the way you should approach the problem.

Are you and your teacher the only ones contributing to the "fund" ? You all might need to take a hard look at everyone's contribution to the cause.... if there are those living there that could help, by getting a job, but won't?

Helping others that need help is a good thing, but unfortunately, there ARE those that will abuse the generosity of the givers. You need to rid yourself of those types...

Feb 7, 2015

You didn't answer if this is going to be an every month kind of "shortfall".... that can make a big difference in the way you should approach the problem.

Are you and your teacher the only ones contributing to the "fund" ? You all might need to take a hard look at everyone's contribution to the cause.... if there are those living there that could help, by getting a job, but won't?

Helping others that need help is a good thing, but unfortunately, there ARE those that will abuse the generosity of the givers. You need to rid yourself of those types...
If finances are shared 8 ways, one person will only be shelling out 12.5% of what they would be otherwise spending if they lived alone.

D

Depleted

Hi Stef and Blain,

I'm praying that you be encouraged. When everything looks so bleak there's always help around the corner. So go and take a peek around the corner through prayer. :)

God truly is our provider even when it seems like what we need is an impossible situation.

A true short story.
In my early years as a pastor, I served in small churches where finances were often tight. Sometimes our family finances felt the weight of that pressure. On one occasion, we were down to the last of our food and payday was still several days away. While my wife and I fretted about how we would feed our kids in the next few days, our doorbell rang. When we opened the door, we discovered two bags of groceries. We had not told anyone of our plight, yet our provider God had led someone to meet that need.

I love it when no one knows and God shows up and provides just what we need.

My husband and I had some lean times in life where we ate beans and potatoes for a short time until things got better.

There were times that we would receive checks in the mail not knowing we were due a reimbursement for something. It's amazing how God works. Keep praying and trusting and He will provide in ways you never could imagine.
Another testimony to God's provisions:
We were living on $839 a month with a $550 mortgage. (We pay utilities too.) Hubby was on chemo, so my main concern was giving him a place to be sick each week -- a house to live in, complete with a toilet to puke in and heat for his chills.

I begged. I begged everyone I could think to beg. The first answer to my begging was from Dad. He equaled our monthly monthly, but the check came in on Thursday night, so too late to deposit until Friday, and it needed three business days to clear.

We had nothing left to eat. Not even rice. We thought we'd go hungry until Dad's check cleared.

But Dad wasn't the only person I wrote to and begged to. I wrote, because I thought that gave people more room to say no, if they just didn't want to part with their money. One of those people, instead, gossiped to other family members about the letter. And one of the other family members was a niece who was a single mom with a young daughter living in a house she could hardly afford.

Her letter came as we were going out on Friday to deposit Dad's check. $20 cash -- all she could afford. And just enough for two people to eat until Dad's check cleared.

Let it be known -- God waits for the last minute, not because he forgets. But he uses that to remind us to keep coming to him for our needs. (Otherwise, we'd forget to ask and start thinking we're handling our lives fine. lol)

D

Depleted

He has been given a home by Mrs. Calloway. She's like a mom to him. He really doesn't get a say on who she has living with her and how she spends her money.

Feb 7, 2015
If finances are shared 8 ways, one person will only be shelling out 12.5% of what they would be otherwise spending if they lived alone.
This is a real deal! You each should be living so high on the hog that you could make many bankers look poor.

If your average income is $100 a week.... and the cost of the house, utilities and insurance, etc is $1,000 a month, this would be equivalent to you having $350 left over for your own food and personal items (beyond the shared housing expenses) every month.......... or to spend on a train trip to see Steph.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012

Ya their reason was normally they would help out and they have in the past helped ppl out in our situation but they themselves were really short on funds and couldn't afford to help. and no it's not a monthly thing we normally have enough to make it through the month decently but because of some hard financial slip ups and helping to pay for my two brothers college books we were unable to pay the house bill and so we are having a hard time catching up. and as for the contributors I Mrs callaway and her husband Chris contribute Chris has a job Mrs callaway has her disability check and food stamps and i have my check of 700 dollars.

Danial her step son has the ability to make big bucks he is super smart and used to work for dell but he is so lazy he doesn't do anything and Mrs. Callaway has tried to do something about it but Chris Danial's dad wont let her he just lets him do whatever he wants

hornetguy

Jan 18, 2016
He has been given a home by Mrs. Calloway. She's like a mom to him. He really doesn't get a say on who she has living with her and how she spends her money.
If the two of them are the only ones contributing, he should have at least some input into the financial situation.

I'm simply trying to help lead them out of the downward spiral, if that's what it is. But it's difficult to do if no details are available.

Or, I can simply butt out..... prayer is easy to do. Working your way out of a problem takes more "effort".

hornetguy

Jan 18, 2016
Ya their reason was normally they would help out and they have in the past helped ppl out in our situation but they themselves were really short on funds and couldn't afford to help. and no it's not a monthly thing we normally have enough to make it through the month decently but because of some hard financial slip ups and helping to pay for my two brothers college books we were unable to pay the house bill and so we are having a hard time catching up. and as for the contributors I Mrs callaway and her husband Chris contribute Chris has a job Mrs callaway has her disability check and food stamps and i have my check of 700 dollars.

Danial her step son has the ability to make big bucks he is super smart and used to work for dell but he is so lazy he doesn't do anything and Mrs. Callaway has tried to do something about it but Chris Danial's dad wont let her he just lets him do whatever he wants
Well, it sounds as if your/their situation is something that only they can correct. I will pray that they can get the issues with their son worked out, whatever it takes...

ArtsieSteph

Apr 1, 2014
Arizona
I just pray no matter what needs to be fixed, taken out of the equation,ect, that God gets the glory for it and He keeps a roof over everyone's head

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
This is a real deal! You each should be living so high on the hog that you could make many bankers look poor.

If your average income is $100 a week.... and the cost of the house, utilities and insurance, etc is $1,000 a month, this would be equivalent to you having $350 left over for your own food and personal items (beyond the shared housing expenses) every month.......... or to spend on a train trip to see Steph.
? .................

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
The enabling parent. That's a hard one to mend. Maybe one of these could pop up every once in a while... :)

Dont work don't eat.jpg

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
If the two of them are the only ones contributing, he should have at least some input into the financial situation.

I'm simply trying to help lead them out of the downward spiral, if that's what it is. But it's difficult to do if no details are available.

Or, I can simply butt out..... prayer is easy to do. Working your way out of a problem takes more "effort".
Believe me I wish i did have some input into the financial situation even when we are low on money they spend it on stuff that isn't needed, and they enable all the people who live here. I have tried many times to talk to Mrs. Callaway about these things but she is a person who loved to give advice and to teach but absolutely hates being corrected and she never listens to me. I know your only trying to help you have done no wrong, the money is main issue as of now but normally the main issue with the house is the family and I constantly am asking God to help these people.

Unlike here on cc in my house my words have no merit no one listens to anything I say lol

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
Well, you got the 100 divided by 8 equals 12.5 part right. The rest of it ... not so much.

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
even when we are low on money they spend it on stuff that isn't needed, and they enable all the people who live here.
Is your current situation because of this?

ArtsieSteph

Apr 1, 2014
Arizona
Please pray again for Blain and the Calloways. I can imagine that this whole situation really strains them emotionally.