Prayers Needed for mentally ill Daughter

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Soc1

Oct 10, 2017
My friends, Brothers and Sisters in Christ.

Please join me in prayer for my daughter, the last I heard from her was that she was sad and crying, then left our conversation abruptly. I have had no response since. I feel so helpless, I cant even hold her and let her know things will be ok. Please Dear Lord, let me know that she is ok, and things will work out with us, I know Im asking a lot,but this has being going on so long, Im falling apart and dont know what to do. Ill never give up praying and believing,but hope for a sign that she is ok, and things are moving forward. In the name of Jesus I ask this. Amen and thank you.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015

Prayers for you and your daughter, her mother, and all involved.

littlestarsmum

Oct 19, 2016
I’m so sorry to hear that, friend. Wish I could give you a hug. Your love for your daughter is evident in what you wrote. There is no love quite like that of a parent for a child. That is why the Scripture so often pictures God’s compassion for us in these terms: “As a father has compassion on his children, so the Lord has compassion on those who fear Him” (Psalm 103:13). Please know that I’ll continue to pray for you and your daughter. May God bless you, grant you wisdom and guidance, and accomplish His perfect will in your lives as you look to Him for every need. Love & hugs to you!

Soc1

Oct 10, 2017

Prayers for you and your daughter, her mother, and all involved.

Thank you so much, Im not sure how much more I can take.

God Bless you and thank you.

Soc1

Oct 10, 2017
I’m so sorry to hear that, friend. Wish I could give you a hug. Your love for your daughter is evident in what you wrote. There is no love quite like that of a parent for a child. That is why the Scripture so often pictures God’s compassion for us in these terms: “As a father has compassion on his children, so the Lord has compassion on those who fear Him” (Psalm 103:13). Please know that I’ll continue to pray for you and your daughter. May God bless you, grant you wisdom and guidance, and accomplish His perfect will in your lives as you look to Him for every need. Love & hugs to you!
Thank you, so much, God's Blessings on you as well

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015

You are welcome. I posted the butterflies because they have special meaning for me, and many others too, as a symbol of transformation. "Just when the caterpillar thought life was over, it turned into a butterfly." Remember always that God works all things to the good for those who love Him. My heart goes out to you. It seems so cliché to say, but it is true that our trials make us stronger.

Soc1

Oct 10, 2017
You are welcome. I posted the butterflies because they have special meaning for me, and many others too, as a symbol of transformation. "Just when the caterpillar thought life was over, it turned into a butterfly." Remember always that God works all things to the good for those who love Him. My heart goes out to you. It seems so cliché to say, but it is true that our trials make us stronger.

Im waiting on the metamorphasis, ThanK You, God Bless

Lighthearted

Oct 17, 2016
I pray that your daughter reaches out to both of her fathers for comfort and guidance in times of confusion and sorrow. I pray that she receives the Heavenly Fathers peace and both of her fathers overflowing love. Amen

Soc1

Oct 10, 2017
I pray that your daughter reaches out to both of her fathers for comfort and guidance in times of confusion and sorrow. I pray that she receives the Heavenly Fathers peace and both of her fathers overflowing love. Amen
Thank you so much,your prayers are appreciated. God Bless You

Dec 31, 2017
Matthew 18:19

Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven.

I agree with you. Fully and completely. You don't ask too much, but to less. As her father you have all rights. We have a big God - an abundant God. Your daughter can't love God without loving you. The question is another: If she is able to trust you, feel save and loved by you. If she will be able to breath and thrive near you. If it is the right time to be with you.

I would suggest, you just give her space, leave her alone, let go so to say. In another words: get out of the way. She has her own life and her own path too. Noone should judge. Noone can judge. Your daughter feels a certain way - you have to respect her feelings and choises. Accept her how she is. She is anyway accepted how she is by Jesus. You don't have to like certain actions, but you have to love her how she is. Don't try to be right, to force what is right in your eyes upon her. Just love her.

I would also suggest, to stay yourself aligned with the peace of Jesus. Be confindent in God. Trust Him. This will be only possible truely, if you abide in Christ. The holy spirit will easily lead you.

I pray that everything will work out for you both. You don't have to do anything. Just let Jesus Christ do it. All you have to do is to abide in Him, trust him and wait on Him. And you will not fall apart, Jesus will uphold you and guard your heart and mind with His peace. Jesus will keep/make you whole. You don't need anything - you don't need anyone. You are whole in Christ. Right now.

Do you believe this?

Soc1

Oct 10, 2017
Matthew 18:19

Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven.

I agree with you. Fully and completely. You don't ask too much, but to less. As her father you have all rights. We have a big God - an abundant God. Your daughter can't love God without loving you. The question is another: If she is able to trust you, feel save and loved by you. If she will be able to breath and thrive near you. If it is the right time to be with you.

I would suggest, you just give her space, leave her alone, let go so to say. In another words: get out of the way. She has her own life and her own path too. Noone should judge. Noone can judge. Your daughter feels a certain way - you have to respect her feelings and choises. Accept her how she is. She is anyway accepted how she is by Jesus. You don't have to like certain actions, but you have to love her how she is. Don't try to be right, to force what is right in your eyes upon her. Just love her.

I would also suggest, to stay yourself aligned with the peace of Jesus. Be confindent in God. Trust Him. This will be only possible truely, if you abide in Christ. The holy spirit will easily lead you.

I pray that everything will work out for you both. You don't have to do anything. Just let Jesus Christ do it. All you have to do is to abide in Him, trust him and wait on Him. And you will not fall apart, Jesus will uphold you and guard your heart and mind with His peace. Jesus will keep/make you whole. You don't need anything - you don't need anyone. You are whole in Christ. Right now.

Do you believe this?
I believe that God and Jesus can heal her, I believe they can give me the tools I need to fix my earthly problems. I believe that she will soon be healed. Its hard to see your child suffer, and be helpless to fix the problems. There is no medicine to give her, its not an owie that I can kiss away. She is deteriorating into a void that only God can enter and pull her out of.
I hope its through me. Thats what I believe. I will take what is given me,but if you have children, you must know the feeling of helplessness. I have to do something, I cant just sit idly by and watch her suffer. I would be remiss as a parent, and a loving father if I did.
God Bless

student

Jul 20, 2010

Be strengthened in the Lord, Soc...your daughter needs you to be strong. I know how hard it is. -blessings...

Soc1

Oct 10, 2017
Be strengthened in the Lord, Soc...your daughter needs you to be strong. I know how hard it is. -blessings...
I am, but somedays are much harder than others as you well know. Hard to be on this earth but not of it.

God Bless You.

lissy1265

Feb 16, 2017
Praying for you and your daughter. Praying you get the sign that she is ok. Amen!

student

Jul 20, 2010
I am, but somedays are much harder than others as you well know. Hard to be on this earth but not of it.

God Bless You.
My church's core - that is, my minister's minister - created a 'Faith-Aid". {That is Jim Kaseman - AFCM} These are the verses he chose to add for situations in which we worry. Repeat them at least daily, more often as you can. You are loved and cared for. -student

1. I am part of the body of Christ and Satan has no power over me. [or my daughter] I Corinthians 12:14-27
2. Greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world. I John 4:4
3. I will fear no evil for you are with me, Lord. Your word and your Spirit comfort me. Psalm 23:4
4. No weapon formed against me will prosper for my righteousness is of the Lord Isaiah 54:17
5. I am far from oppression and fear does not come near me {or my daughter}. Isaiah 54:14
6. Whatever I do shall prosper for I am like a tree by rivers of water. Psalm 1:3
7. No evil will befall me neither shall any plague come near my dwelling. (Including my daughter's dwelling) For you have
given your angels charge over me, and they keep me in all my ways. Psalm 91:10-11
8. In my pathway is life and there is no death. Prov 12:28
9. I am a doer of the word of God and I am blessed in my deeds. James 1:25
10. I take the shield of faith and stop everything the enemy brings against me. Eph 6:16
11. Christ has redeemed me from the curse of the law. I forbid any sickness or poverty to come on me. Gal 3:13 and Deut 28 chapter
12: I overcome by the blood of Christ and the Word of my testimony. Rev. 12:11
12. I am submitted to God the the devil flees from me because I resis him in Jesus' name. James 4:7.
14. God's Word is forever settled in heaven and in my heart. Psalms 119:89
15. My peace is great {as is my daughter's} because we are God's children and we are taught of the Lord. Isaiah 54:13.

Dear Father,

Help Soc find these truths in his life and guide him to pray these over himself as well as his daughter, knowing your word will not return void. Teach him of the truth of your love, the strength of your covenant with him as with us all. You have said, "I will never leave you, nor forsake you." Show Soc beyond a shadow of a doubt the truth of this verse and give him peace that passes all understanding. Comfort him with your ever-loving presence in this moment. In Jesus' precious name, I pray. Amen