praying he feels the same

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Apr 17, 2018
I've been friends with this guy for years. We went to dinner last night and we hit it off. We spoke in unison, have a lot of the same goals and dreams. Needless to say I'm very interested in him. We spent almost 3 hours together we went for a walk, we held hands. He's amazing and Mormon which I prefer if he's not catholic or non denominational. My problem is I don't know if he's interested in me. I've had feelings for him for years and he asked me to dinner as friends. IDK what to do. I've never felt this way before. Any advice?

U

Ugly

Doubt you'll find much advice encouragaging you to date a cult member.

M

Miri

I have to agree, Mormons are not Christians. I think you need to step
for a moment and look at what they believe. I don’t mean what they tell
you to believe. They will tell you they believe the same stuff and are also
Christians,.

The reality is they are a cult. You have to agree to all of their decisions.
Who to marry, where to live etc. They run your life for you.

They believe we all existed in heaven and lived with God but there was a
limit to how much people can progress in heaven. So God sends us
to earth to be tested. That’s not at all biblical.

They place more value in the Book of Mormon than the bible.
Joseph Smith who wrote the Book of Mormon was a criminal.
Also they do not think the bible is the final word.

So they use the Book of Mormon as a continuation of the bible.
The problem is that the Book of Mormon keeps getting updating!
By...you guessed it by the Mormons. They keep updating their own
prophesies when the original ones don’t come to anything.

If you marry this person beware, you will end up trapped with no
mind or opinion of your own. They tell you what to wear, what to think etc.

If you go against them you will be considered an apostate and they will
shun you.

Oh and if children come along you will have no choice but to teach them
about being a Mormon and indoctrinate them about the Book of Mormon.

They won’t let you teach them about anything else.

They also have a way of twisting the bible around to make it seem what
they are saying is right.

So I’m really sorry as it seems that you really like this person, but I can’t
pray that this person is right for you.

Can I make another suggestion instead, that you seek a true deep relationship
with God and that you ask God to show you His truth and the real salvation
to be found in Christ.

Get yourself an easy to read bible translation, something you can understand
without all the thees, thoughs etc and find out for yourself about the one and
only living God.

Forget about denominations, just read the bible for yourself and ask God to
help you to understand. Use your own mind, not someone else’s.

Demi777

Oct 13, 2014
Germany
No offence but i really don't think its a good idea to want to spend your life with someone who is out of a cult and believes in wearing holy undergarments against evil... especially for the long run

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Mormons are cultists. They wear special underwear, they believe they will be gods and have their own planets someday.. on and on and on.. So run far and fast from this guy.. Don't be with anyone who is not a Christian.

Apr 17, 2018
I'm in a metro city where 90% of my town is Catholic. Thanks for letting me know this. I had no idea.

Jun 11, 2018
While Catholicism has much that is not biblical Catholics are Christian. Non denominational? What’s wrong with them? Lol I’m went to a non denomination church for years and found so much deliverance and healing as a result. Talk about straining at a gnat! You won’t accept the above but will allow yourself to swoon at a cult Mormon? Please dear wake up and smell the coffee. The devil is wooing u. Sorry to be blunt. But I’d rather slap u with a wet fish and save u years of heartache. Run sister and while u do please read CS Lewis Screwtape Letters. That will help.

L

LaVieEnRose

If you enjoy coffee or tea, RUN AWAY as quickly as you can- not to mention alcohol.

RUN, don’t walk.

I don’t know what else you can’t have as a Mormon, normal underwear is one.

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
Mormons started out as a sex cult. A bunch of old guys wanting to bed multiple 12 yo females.

melita916

Aug 12, 2011
unfortunately, mormons do not believe in the same Jesus we believe. they believe Jesus and lucifer are half brothers.

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
I don't think they allow outsiders into their big temples, which is a clue.

NotmebutHim

May 17, 2015
It's interesting that most (if not all) pagan religions and cults have a sexually deviant foundation. Which helps to explain why God takes sexual sin so seriously.

I agree with most of the others here. Run away as fast as you can.

L

LaVieEnRose

It's interesting that most (if not all) pagan religions and cults have a sexually deviant foundation. Which helps to explain why God takes sexual sin so seriously.

I agree with most of the others here. Run away as fast as you can.
I have noticed this peculiarity about cults as well. One of the things that convinces me of the truth of Christianity is monogamous marriage. No man would have dreamed up a religion requiring monogamy. All of these strange, man made religions revolve around some strange polygamy, polyamory, or in the case of Shakers and others, total chastity.

garet82

Jan 20, 2011
I've been friends with this guy for years. We went to dinner last night and we hit it off. We spoke in unison, have a lot of the same goals and dreams. Needless to say I'm very interested in him. We spent almost 3 hours together we went for a walk, we held hands. He's amazing and Mormon which I prefer if he's not catholic or non denominational. My problem is I don't know if he's interested in me. I've had feelings for him for years and he asked me to dinner as friends. IDK what to do. I've never felt this way before. Any advice?
Well love is just a feeling that you can stop. I never believe with blind love but rational love. Like why and how.
We as women mostly use our heart than our rationality, one goodness can touch our hearts and making us being symphaty.

He maybe just see you as a friend, isnt it be beeter just as friend so when nothing unexpected happened you wont loose your good friend? :) blessing

jameen

Feb 5, 2018
Manila
If you like him and he likes you too then you should not have hesitation to have a romantic relationship with him.

but make sure that he is not a drunkard/drug addict/doing something illegal to earn/angry man/very lazy man

want to know if your crush is Godly? then read 1 Corinthians 13 and see if he has these characteristics.

want to know if he has holy Spirit then read Galatians 5:22-23 if he has these characteristics.