Praying in Tongues

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Nov 14, 2016
+++Rediscover praying in Tongues if you have lapsed. Even a few minutes a day will help open your spirit, increase revelation in the Word, and strengthen you...

Mar 28, 2016
Praying prophecy?

So likewise ye, except ye utter by the tongue words easy to be understood, how shall it be known what is spoken? for ye shall speak into the air.1 Cor 14: 9

Praying prophecy is the word of God. All the prayers in scripture were inspired by God working in men it does not increase revelation it is the revelation.

God is no longer bringing any new revelations.

wolfwint

Feb 15, 2014
+++Rediscover praying in Tongues if you have lapsed. Even a few minutes a day will help open your spirit, increase revelation in the Word, and strengthen you...
Is this new age stuff?

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Is this new age stuff?
Since languages yet exist, tongues exist as a gift for prayer and more.

The Holy Spirit is always with us, always just as alive as it was when first given to all who believe and receive.

Mar 28, 2016

The Holy Spirit is always with us, always just as alive as it was when first given to all who believe and receive.
Tongues as prophecy in a language know to the speaker ?

So likewise ye, except ye utter by the tongue words easy to be understood, how shall it be known what is spoken? for ye shall speak into the air.1 Cor14:9

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
You might want to read in the Word just how tongues is a gift.

It is prophecy, most rarely, but it is.

It is primarily adification for the peros praying in tongues, not for the congregation unless there is someone with the gift of interpretation.

You do not need have the gift to have the Holy Spirit indwelling, but it is not seemly to challenge any others who do have it, after all it is from the Father.

Feel the Presence of the HOly Spirit, He is with us all…...

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
You might want to read in the Word just how tongues is a gift.

It is prophecy, most rarely, but it is.

It is primarily adification for the peros praying in tongues, not for the congregation unless there is someone with the gift of interpretation.

You do not need have the gift to have the Holy Spirit indwelling, but it is not seemly to challenge any others who do have it, after all it is from the Father.

Feel the Presence of the HOly Spirit, He is with us all…...
I should amend this post. Actually tongues is always prophecy in the pur understanding of what prophecy truly is. It is not simply predicting events, it is also thinksgiving, praise and prayer at times. Witnessing Jesus Christ, Yeshua, is Lord is the Spirit of prophecyi, and all who do have this gift....Revelation.

bygrace

Dec 3, 2018
Praying prophecy?

So likewise ye, except ye utter by the tongue words easy to be understood, how shall it be known what is spoken? for ye shall speak into the air.1 Cor 14: 9

Praying prophecy is the word of God. All the prayers in scripture were inspired by God working in men it does not increase revelation it is the revelation.

God is no longer bringing any new revelations.
no one said that again you do not know what you are talking about. If I read the word of God for the first time it is new to me even though it has been for 3000 years. IT IS NOT NEW BUT IT IS the word made alive to the hearer's that is edified. Do you go to a dead church? where the pastor preaches and no one is uplifted?

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
There is also that form of tongues, very special,which fell upon the Twelve. When they spoke, everyone, no matter what their mother tongue, understood them speaking in their own language.

Have you ever heard God speak though there were no words? I have experienced this one time at least, when He filled me with His Holy Spirit. Although I could reiterate what He said in words, they did not come in words rather with and in the Holy Spirit. It was a simple message, and dI believe it is for all who believe.

"Everything is going to be just fine."

bygrace

Dec 3, 2018
88 something is not going to be received due to bais. Personal prayer time should be kept between you and God. Yet I agree time in prayer is very uplifting.

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
I do enjoy praying in tongues during my quiet time with the Lord. It is fabulous to just let the Holy Spirit speak freely over you! :love:

It's not scary or weird at all. With the gift of tongues, you can pray, speak out loud or quietly in your head, sing and whisper.

If you put on some background worship music during your quiet time with the Lord and His Word (the Bible) and just start speaking quietly in tongues with the music...........................it just ushers you into the Throne Room quickly! It's absolutely wonderful!

I really don't worry about not understanding what I'm saying - I simply enjoy the "spiritual" massage in by body, soul and spirit. It's like God is cuddling with you and speaking words of edification over you.......

Sometimes, I will start hearing words in english (my native language) in my head as I'm speaking in tongues which is the Holy Spirit giving me understanding of what He is saying. Absolutely incredible words like..........."fear be silenced and hinder no more My precious child......feel the warmth of the fire of My love for you My darling.......you are strong and fearless......I AM with you......"

After one of these moments, I love to open up the Bible and begin to read..................incredible understanding and revelations....................:love:

I highly recommend praying in tongues! :love:(y)

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
There is also that form of tongues, very special,which fell upon the Twelve. When they spoke, everyone, no matter what their mother tongue, understood them speaking in their own language.

Have you ever heard God speak though there were no words? I have experienced this one time at least, when He filled me with His Holy Spirit. Although I could reiterate what He said in words, they did not come in words rather with and in the Holy Spirit. It was a simple message, and dI believe it is for all who believe.

"Everything is going to be just fine."
♪♫ things will all work out, things will all work out..
https://youtu.be/ewxtMZlW3Fo

GraceAndTruth

Sep 28, 2015
Learn the history of today's "tongues" and do you really want to go there?
Lovers of truth will not.

wolfwint

Feb 15, 2014

If you mean our language as tongue. I agree with you.
If you mean the pentecostal ore charismatic understanding then I cant agree.
You then dont know what you are praying.
I dont know any christian personal who has the gift of praying in tongues.
Even in our church they teach according this alpha course, nobody in our church has this gift.
I would expect that every christian get this gift. But I realize you get it only in connection with the teaching of pentecostal ore charismatic groups. This is suspect for me. Much more suspect is what 88 postet. I cant find this instruction in gods word. How I can open my spirit, if I even dont know what I pray. And for what should I open my spirit. If I even dont know to whom i pray. It indicates that someone who prayes in tongues which he dont understand, get a better connection to the father, then somebody who prays in understandable words.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
I cant find this instruction in gods word. How I can open my spirit, if I even dont know what I pray. And for what should I open my spirit.
what does that even mean, 'open my spirit' ?

'
comprehensible language' :unsure:

jb

Feb 27, 2010
Tongues as prophecy in a language know to the speaker ?

So likewise ye, except ye utter by the tongue words easy to be understood, how shall it be known what is spoken? for ye shall speak into the air.1 Cor14:9
Maybe you should try studying 1Cor 14 and its context...

A clue, the context is stated in 1Cor 14v19: "yet in the church..."

Paul esteemed the gift of tongues very highly and used it at great length in private prayer! 1Cor 14v18...

Mar 28, 2016
Maybe you should try studying 1Cor 14 and its context...

A clue, the context is stated in 1Cor 14v19: "yet in the church..."

Paul esteemed the gift of tongues very highly and used it at great length in private prayer! 1Cor 14v18...
No one is apposing the gift of prophecy hearing the clear words of God . Its the sign as to who it points to and what it confirms that is the issue.

There is no outward sign of prophecy other them that men believe God.

The sign is in respect to those who do not believe prophecy in any language to include Hebrew . As God was bringing prophecy (God's word) with words they could understand 33000 heard the interptation of God and entered the kingdom of God . Those who mocked God, the unbelieving Jew (no faith ) God with Stammering lips or mocking words brought prophecy in the language of all the nation he was drawing . And yet for all that they still refused to belive prophecy . They were hopping the Hebrew tongue was the tongue of God and they followed the order of Jeremiah 44 and saw no evil

As for the word that thou hast spoken unto us in the name of the Lord, we will not hearken unto thee.But we will certainly do whatsoever thing goeth forth out of our own mouth, to burn incense unto the queen of heaven, and to pour out drink offerings unto her, as we have done, we, and our fathers, our kings, and our princes, in the cities of Judah, and in the streets of Jerusalem: for then had we plenty of victuals, and were well, and saw no evil. Jeremiah 44:16-17

Private prayer our silent prayer , I am sure that Paul used words thoughts according to verse 9. speaking into the air with words that have no meaning would be fruitless I believe.

Some think it holds some sort of mystic power and confirms they have a special relationship with God and therefore they seek after it in vain repetitions . No secret prayer language

So likewise ye, except ye utter by the tongue words easy to be understood, how shall it be known what is spoken? for ye shall speak into the air.1 Cor. 14:9

Mar 28, 2016
If you put on some background worship music during your quiet time with the Lord and His Word (the Bible) and just start speaking quietly in tongues with the music...........................it just ushers you into the Throne Room quickly! It's absolutely wonderful!
I thought praying words or thoughts that are easy to understand ushers us into the prayer place. Is there more then one Throne Room One more wonderful than the other??