Predestination is misunderstood...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

maxamir

Mar 8, 2024
God always knew much much-more of all the possibilities for our future.

So, to get to the essence of who and what we are? God decreed what everyone's life to be, so we would not have to live to be a million years old to exhaust all the options for testing us that God saw.

The decrees of God gives mankind a shortened life time of options. Just enough time for us to discover what God's decreed lifetime for us shall absolutely reveal about us...

grace and peace ................
This life for the Christian is boot camp for eternity and it is knowing that God is sovereign in all things that they can endure all things with hope and joy knowing that His promises are sure.

2Th_2:13 But we are bound to give thanks to God always for you, brethren beloved by the Lord, because God from the beginning chose you for salvation through sanctification by the Spirit and belief in the truth,

2Pe 1:3 as His divine power has given to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him who called us by glory and virtue,
2Pe 1:4 by which have been given to us exceedingly great and precious promises, that through these you may be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

Sipsey

Sep 27, 2018
So for them it was the power of God. Why not to the other unbelievers?
There is something going on the the heart of an unbeliever that only God can see. Whenever they become positive towards the word of God(the Gospel), He steps in. What was it that made the prodigal son return to his father?

Thunderrr-mental

Dec 18, 2023
A Christian can do nothing apart from Christ, but a natural man can produce fruit? Hmmmm.
Repentance is act that is asked of everyone before they believe.

as if they can't repent they can't believe.

a natural man can still repent.

And why are you not refuting hyper grace

maxamir

Mar 8, 2024
He also gave them 120 years to Repent, built the Ark before them, and while Noah loaded the Ark did not shut the doors on them so they could have entered until God said shut the doors.
It was only Noah that the Lord had grace upon.

Gen 6:8 But Noah found grace in the eyes of the LORD.

The Lord decreed that all shall die except those He had made a covennat with.

Gen 6:17 And behold, I Myself am bringing floodwaters on the earth, to destroy from under heaven all flesh in which is the breath of life; everything that is on the earth shall die.
Gen 6:18 But I will establish My covenant with you; and you shall go into the ark—you, your sons, your wife, and your sons' wives with you.

Only they were told to come into the ark to be saved.

Gen 7:1 Then the LORD said to Noah, "Come into the ark, you and all your household, because I have seen that you are righteous before Me in this generation.

and Noah proved that the grace of God was the cause of his obedience.

Gen 7:5 And Noah did according to all that the LORD commanded him.

Those without grace will never choose God.

maxamir

Mar 8, 2024
I am rejecting how you are presenting the Holy Word of God.
It doesn't matter what you think, what really matters is whether what you think is the truth and that truth is found in Holy Scripture which points to the Word of God who became flesh and is revealed by the Holy Spirit.

He is the LORD (Sovereign Ruler) JESUS (God Who Saves) CHRIST (Anointed Prophet, Priest and King of His people).

FollowerofShiloh

Jan 24, 2024
It was only Noah that the Lord had grace upon.

Gen 6:8 But Noah found grace in the eyes of the LORD.

The Lord decreed that all shall die except those He had made a covennat with.

Gen 6:17 And behold, I Myself am bringing floodwaters on the earth, to destroy from under heaven all flesh in which is the breath of life; everything that is on the earth shall die.
Gen 6:18 But I will establish My covenant with you; and you shall go into the ark—you, your sons, your wife, and your sons' wives with you.

Only they were told to come into the ark to be saved.

Gen 7:1 Then the LORD said to Noah, "Come into the ark, you and all your household, because I have seen that you are righteous before Me in this generation.

and Noah proved that the grace of God was the cause of his obedience.

Gen 7:5 And Noah did according to all that the LORD commanded him.

Those without grace will never choose God.
He found Grace in Noah and used Noah to preach to them. God couldn't use someone without Grace to preach to them. You really have no idea about any of this, do you?

FollowerofShiloh

Jan 24, 2024
It doesn't matter what you think, what really matters is whether what you think is the truth and that truth is found in Holy Scripture which points to the Word of God who became flesh and is revealed by the Holy Spirit.

He is the LORD (Sovereign Ruler) JESUS (God Who Saves) CHRIST (Anointed Prophet, Priest and King of His people).
Sure it does, because you are twisting meaning and cutting off verse continuation and implying things not found in the Bible.

maxamir

Mar 8, 2024
17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.
The word world has many different meanings in Greek and if you are a heretical universalist you will say it means every single person without exception when in fact it most times it means, people from all nations. tribes and tongues in the world without distinction.

Christ indeed, came not to condemn but to save His people from their sin but have you read how He comes the second time?

2Th 1:7 and to give you who are troubled rest with us when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven with His mighty angels,
2Th 1:8 in flaming fire taking vengeance on those who do not know God, and on those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ.
2Th 1:9 These shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of His power,

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
There is something going on the the heart of an unbeliever that only God can see. Whenever they become positive towards the word of God(the Gospel), He steps in. What was it that made the prodigal son return to his father?
Did Noah approach God or God approach Noah? Did God approach Abraham or Abraham approach God?
How does a heart of stone or one that is desperately wicked and deceitful above all things stir itself?
The story of the prodigal is a 3 part parable. It's purpose is to teach how the triune God accomplish salvation and the role of each.
First, the good Shepherd...Jesus...who seeks and saves the lost.
Second, the woman...the Holy Spirit...who lights a candle...brings enlightenment...and sweeps...cleanses the inside.
Third, the father...the Father...who lavishes the lost one in welcoming him home.

maxamir

Mar 8, 2024
God decides who is saved and he does so by prewarning everyone of sin before they sin.

If God is going to warn a murderer not to commit a sin before he commits one.

Why shouldn't he warn everybody else, or why wouldn't he.

And why would he warn people before they sin.

Will i finally get some sense of you.

Or even a bit of agreement.
Every person is born with a conscience and natural revelation of who God is but it is only special revelation found in the Gospel which God uses to save His people.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
Repentance is act that is asked of everyone before they believe.

as if they can't repent they can't believe.

a natural man can still repent.

And why are you not refuting hyper grace
2 Corinthians 7:10 says it is a Godly sorrow...a sorrow produced by God...that works salvation. It goes on to say that the sorrow man produces leads to death.

Thunderrr-mental

Dec 18, 2023
who deserves not to go to Hell?
. Well why you want to believe everyone deserves to go to hell.

If everyone deserves to go to hell, why did Jesus even give his life for us.

I see your still not willing to answer any basic understandings of scripture that even children know and are happy to answer, and you've had many chances of me to answer a simple question.

And as of yet you haven't answered one of them directly

Obviously you just like to disagree.

Thunderrr-mental

Dec 18, 2023
2 Corinthians 7:10 says it is a Godly sorrow...a sorrow produced by God...that works salvation. It goes on to say that the sorrow man produces leads to death.
Jesus preached repentance and the forgiveness of sins.

The two are separate.

Forgiveness of sins is the lord forgiving you.

Repenting is what you do to be forgiven.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
God decides who is saved
You seem to have confused the God of the Bible with the false god of the Moslems. God has set out the requirement for salvation: belief in the atoning death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. God is just, not capricious.

and he does so by prewarning everyone of sin before they sin.
No, He does not do that. When their conscience is tender, His Spirit may speak to them. Once it is hardened, He abandons them to their choice.

Thunderrr-mental

Dec 18, 2023
Godly sorrow may produce repentance but does it say it makes you repent.

Which you clearly seem to be saying it does.

Thunderrr-mental

Dec 18, 2023
You seem to have confused the God of the Bible with the false god of the Moslems. God has set out the requirement for salvation: belief in the atoning death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. God is just, not capricious.

No, He does not do that. When their conscience is tender, His Spirit may speak to them. Once it is hardened, He abandons them to their choice.
yes he does prewarn everyone.

maxamir

Mar 8, 2024
He found Grace in Noah and used Noah to preach to them. God couldn't use someone without Grace to preach to them. You really have no idea about any of this, do you?
If He used Noah to preach to them it was for the greater condemnation just as the Gospel both saves as well as condemns people today.

2Co 2:14 Now thanks be to God who always leads us in triumph in Christ, and through us diffuses the fragrance of His knowledge in every place.
2Co 2:15 For we are to God the fragrance of Christ among those who are being saved and among those who are perishing.
2Co 2:16 To the one we are the aroma of death leading to death, and to the other the aroma of life leading to life. And who is sufficient for these things?