The gift of salvation that God made available to any man who wants it. All that's required is confessing Jesus as Lord and believing that God raised him from the dead.the gift of God that you asked for?
The gift of salvation that God made available to any man who wants it. All that's required is confessing Jesus as Lord and believing that God raised him from the dead.the gift of God that you asked for?
What did she do to DRAW you to her, to love her?
The gift of salvation that God made available to any man who wants it. All that's required is confessing Jesus as Lord and believing that God raised him from the dead.
She didn't "do" anything. She was herself. She had characteristics, traits, a personality, that I liked, that I was attracted to.
...plus a great bod.
-I- pursued -her-. It took awhile.
God is pursuing all men, He is drawing them. He wants all to be saved. But because all men have free will, many will not respond.
She didn't "do" anything. She was herself. She had characteristics, traits, a personality, that I liked, that I was attracted to.
...plus a great bod.
-I- pursued -her-. It took awhile.
God is pursuing all men, He is drawing them. He wants all to be saved. But because all men have free will, many will not respond.
I was seeking truth. I wanted to be saved.what made you decide to confess Jesus as Lord?
I believe the bible.how are you so certain God raised him from the dead?
She didn't even know I existed.LOL....
psssst
you only thought you were pursing her i betcha (she was drawing you irresistably) - LOL!
Eventually, yes.she chose YOU. *snicker*
But you are still saved. We do not earn salvation by "being good", nor do we maintain it by "being good". It is the gift of God.
No one who will be in heaven has deserved it. We all deserve eternal damnation not eternal life
We have been through this before. Funny how you stopped the conversation.
People draw us by offering stuff we need or want. Like my wife. She offered what I needed, and this drew me to her. Like a job. It offers what I need and it draws me to it. Or sin. It offers me what I THINK I need, and draws me to it.
Or God. He exposes my sin, Shows me he is real. Shows me my need for him. and my lack of hope with out him. and this draws me to him.
I know many people who have been drawn to God. but at the last minute decided it was not for them. Does this mean God failed? No.
Like scripture says, the Law was a tutor to bring me to Christ. But one must understand what the law really is to come to Christ.
or I could use the defenition you use, "Drag by force". Which is a valid interpretation of the word. but not the only one.
You haven't been paying attention.Shroom said he has been in love...
I asked could he have chosen NOT to fall in love..
Thats the last I heard.
Oh you mean like God draws us when he reveals himself to us??
Amazing thing is many men would look at here and not see her as you do. Like many look at God and do not see him as we do. Because they look at him differently. I guess you could say with "blind eyes" They can't see Gods inner beauty and his love for us. Because all they see is the judgmental aspect of God. and they hate it. Thus reject him, Because they do not see themselves as God sees them.
God gave man 100% free will, zone. Salvation is available to all. Those who seek will find, and if they choose to believe, they'll receive salvation.
Romans 10:9) That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
Eph 1:13) In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,
what good does 100% free will do to fallen man who has supressed the knowledge of God in unrighteousness?
free will to carry on in darkness, to his current destination: wrath.
pelagianism is bad bad theology.
It is the supernatural work of the Holy Spirit that brings us to Christ by releasing us from our bondage to sin and raising us from spiritual death to spiritual life. We deny that salvation is in any sense a human work.
According to wikipedia, pelagianism is "the belief that original sin did not taint human nature and that mortal will is still capable of choosing good or evil without special Divine aid."
I do not believe this. The original sin DID "taint" human nature and left all men dead in sin.
Rom 5:19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.
1 Cor 15:22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
But man can still choose.
Deut 30:19 I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:
Shroom said he has been in love...
I asked could he have chosen NOT to fall in love..
Thats the last I heard.
Of course.
God is angry with the wicked every day.
all men are condemned already.
all men fell in Adam, and have piled sin upon sin themselves.
only in Christ Jesus is that wrath turned away from us.
only robed in Christ's righteousness is God pleased with us.
only faith in Christ's Finished work delivers us.
until men are saved BY GRACE THROUGH FAITH BOTH GIFTS they are at enmity with Him, and hell-bound. man's heart is darkened, his mind is darkened, the world is fallen, unregenerate man is darkness.
natural man's DEFAULT POSITION is denial and rebellion. if men are not drawn (dragged) to Calvary, they're not going.