Pressurized head and ears

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

joefizz

It's been a few weeks and I don't know what's going on or how it came about but all of a sudden my head and ears got pressurized to where it's a lingering nuisance even right now.
I thought it was from licking my teeth but my teeth and gums aren't in pain anymore just my head and ears I even switched out the pillows I was sleeping on I'm open to advice and please pray for me this has really been a strain because it gets me a bit on the irritable side and I'm already bothered by my living situation which doesn't help.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I am saying a prayer for God to remove this annoying condition from you. You might want to consider chewing gum to relieve the pressure in your ears, that is what is recommended for air travel in a pressurized cabin to equalize the pressure in your ears. A consistent chewing motion will open up a canal between your ear and throat allowing the pressure to release. This is just one idea you might want to consider. You may have to see a doctor but this is worth trying first. I pray that it works.

J

joefizz

I am saying a prayer for God to remove this annoying condition from you. You might want to consider chewing gum to relieve the pressure in your ears, that is what is recommended for air travel in a pressurized cabin to equalize the pressure in your ears. A consistent chewing motion will open up a canal between your ear and throat allowing the pressure to release. This is just one idea you might want to consider. You may have to see a doctor but this is worth trying first. I pray that it works.
Not sure about that but thanks for the idea.

levi85

Jul 2, 2013
Lord we agree with this prayer , let you please heal joefizz's head and ears. Lord bless with a good health and good living conditions. In Jesus Holy name, Amen!

J

joefizz

Lord we agree with this prayer , let you please heal joefizz's head and ears. Lord bless with a good health and good living conditions. In Jesus Holy name, Amen!
Thank you brother Levi.

Feb 14, 2018
It's been a few weeks and I don't know what's going on or how it came about but all of a sudden my head and ears got pressurized to where it's a lingering nuisance even right now.
I thought it was from licking my teeth but my teeth and gums aren't in pain anymore just my head and ears I even switched out the pillows I was sleeping on I'm open to advice and please pray for me this has really been a strain because it gets me a bit on the irritable side and I'm already bothered by my living situation which doesn't help.
Dear one, will pray for you to be released now in Jesus’ name… :)

J

joefizz

Hmmm actually oddly enough this helped I didn't get any gum but I went through the motions popping both ears and it relieved some pain and now laying now doesn't hurt my head and ears,come to think of it wasn't until I tried not popping my ears that this started because I was so stressed out by relatives recently that I didn't wanna take a chance on causing myself further problems,it's helping for now at least.

Feb 14, 2018
Hmmm actually oddly enough this helped I didn't get any gum but I went through the motions popping both ears and it relieved some pain and now laying now doesn't hurt my head and ears,come to think of it wasn't until I tried not popping my ears that this started because I was so stressed out by relatives recently that I didn't wanna take a chance on causing myself further problems,it's helping for now at least.
Praise the Lord, for where two or three are gathered, there He is amongst us. J

Feb 14, 2018
And I forgot to say that I’m glad you’re feeling better. J

HannahA

Sep 16, 2017
my mom also experienced the same thing probably because of fatigue and lack of sleep bcs a lot of things in mind
praying for you brother get well soon

Lucy68

Jan 21, 2011
Praying for your health!

Sinus congestion? I, too, have pressure in my ears...I think it's due to sinus problems and having a 'deviated septum'....I think this is the opening between the nasal cavity and the sinus cavity.

Some things that help me : drinking more water (to thin the mucus gunk and help my sinuses to drain), eating real horseradish (just opening the jar is sometimes enough!), and for some reason...sauteeing onions (something is released that opens up sinuses I guess).

I've also found deep breathing exercises to help...especially when stressed. When I'm stressed, I start breathing very shallow and tense my neck muscles. I've heard meditation really works but that just doesn't appeal to me ...yet.

K

kittycat7

O Lord, you are my God; I will exalt you and praise your name, for in perfect faithfulness you have done marvelous things, things planned long ago.

Feb 28, 2016
just a suggestion, try staying away from all of the 'electronics' that you are continually
putting into your head - it really might help to take a vacation from all of the
mind and emotional battles, if you can...

J

joefizz

Thanks for all the prayers and advice everyone,so far the best help has been chewing as if I have gum and drinking water or water based drinks,I think the main cause might simply be "dehydration" so I'm going to try staving off soda and drink mainly water,fruit juice drinks,and so on, for awhile to see if this fixes what's going on with me.

J

joefizz

Also sorry to anyone I may have gotten grumpy like with,I not only have a pressurized head and ears but I seriously feel now that I have to move out from my relatives I really can't stand much more "hypocrite" behaviour,"negativety","gossip" "spitefulness" "I'm going to fix you and you'll like it attitudes,actually I feel kind of better again just by typing this,a hotel,motel,apartment,I really don't care anymore.
This household of evil is driving crazy and getting me to be more and more irritable,already chewed out both my father and uncle,and I don't like it,I'm trying so hard to keep a peaceful mentality but they all seem to thrive on hurting each other and wanting me to go bonkers like them and submit to their irrational influences.
I suppose this is a test of faith,I've never been out on my own and it worries me a little but I know the holy spirit can guide me to a "real home" somehow.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Also sorry to anyone I may have gotten grumpy like with,I not only have a pressurized head and ears but I seriously feel now that I have to move out from my relatives I really can't stand much more "hypocrite" behaviour,"negativety","gossip" "spitefulness" "I'm going to fix you and you'll like it attitudes,actually I feel kind of better again just by typing this,a hotel,motel,apartment,I really don't care anymore.
This household of evil is driving crazy and getting me to be more and more irritable,already chewed out both my father and uncle,and I don't like it,I'm trying so hard to keep a peaceful mentality but they all seem to thrive on hurting each other and wanting me to go bonkers like them and submit to their irrational influences.
I suppose this is a test of faith,I've never been out on my own and it worries me a little but I know the holy spirit can guide me to a "real home" somehow.
Joseph, I am so sorry to hear of your problems with excessive pressure in your ears, and also your intolerable living conditions. My heart goes out to you! But seriously, I doubt you got grumpy with anyone. When you stand up for what is true, and the Truth of God's Word, you do so with great insight and affability that allows others to know you are firmly holding on to the Rock of our Salvation, and that you are likewise firmly held in Him. That firmness of character that you display at such times I would never classify as grumpiness :)

J

joefizz

Joseph, I am so sorry to hear of your problems with excessive pressure in your ears, and also your intolerable living conditions. My heart goes out to you! But seriously, I doubt you got grumpy with anyone. When you stand up for what is true, and the Truth of God's Word, you do so with great insight and affability that allows others to know you are firmly holding on to the Rock of our Salvation, and that you are likewise firmly held in Him. That firmness of character that you display at such times I would never classify as grumpiness :)
Thank you Magenta that means a lot!

J

joefizz

Figured I'd choose whatever prayer thread of mine for this...
As some of you know my living situation has been horrible of late because my family at the residence I was living was driving me crazy mentally and spiritually well now I'm going to find somewhere to go until 3 months is up and I can finally have an apartment currently I'm waiting in a church for an uncle to pick me up for a night/day and take me to work tonight,after that if I can't find somewhere to go I'm basically going to keep some of my important belongings at work and live off the street but hhopefully things won't come to that I just can't live in that God forsaken house any longer.
Please pray for me all I want now is to serve God as a preacher or as I have been hoping to do as I have been promising God for so long,it's been unbearable feeling like I had to delay and delay properly serving God all for the sake of my families' schedules and desires.
Also regarding this topic too my pressurized head and ears hasn't gome away though most of it has tampered off so I believe the cause to be "Anxiety" so God willing God can lead me to somewhere to live or survive until I can live in an apartment.

J

joefizz

Figured I'd choose whatever prayer thread of mine for this...
As some of you know my living situation has been horrible of late because my family at the residence I was living was driving me crazy mentally and spiritually well now I'm going to find somewhere to go until 3 months is up and I can finally have an apartment currently I'm waiting in a church for an uncle to pick me up for a night/day and take me to work tonight,after that if I can't find somewhere to go I'm basically going to keep some of my important belongings at work and live off the street but hhopefully things won't come to that I just can't live in that God forsaken house any longer.
Please pray for me all I want now is to serve God as a preacher or as I have been hoping to do as I have been promising God for so long,it's been unbearable feeling like I had to delay and delay properly serving God all for the sake of my families' schedules and desires.
Also regarding this topic too my pressurized head and ears hasn't gome away though most of it has tampered off so I believe the cause to be "Anxiety" so God willing God can lead me to somewhere to live or survive until I can live in an apartment.
I meant serve God as a "preacher" or "teacher" been overwhelmed lately,but starting to feel better already I'm waiting in the most anxiety free place "The house of the Lord" for my uncle and I called a friend I can "trust" to see if I can stay with them until my apartment appointment,after work tomorrow I'll call my friend to see if that's alright at least for now I have hope for a place to stay though at least nope matter what I'll always have hope through Jesus my Lird and Saviour!

Last edited by a moderator:
L

loverofjesus27

Give it to God and don’t mean to be rude but thank God you are alive. Because you complain about your living situation but you are not alone you are always being watched. Bask in his eyes forever. Its the best place to be.