Prophecy for those called by His name

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Aug 1, 2009
Another option....although i dont need I cor 13.....is that the prophets in revelation
were prophecied about ....therefore things were complete, and still are.
If the act of these 2 people prophesying for 3 1/2 years is still yet to occur, then that stands as a witness that 1 Cor. 13 remains unfulfilled, because it would show that prophesying has not been done away with.

The prophecy that they will prophesy cannot be grounds for completion, because they have yet to prophesy. It is grounds for the exact opposite conclusion.

I don't really find such an option to fit with the witness of the scripture.

Even if their very prophetic message(s) could be read in your Bible right now before they prophesied it, that still would not excuse the fact that they have yet to prophesy it. This would still show 2 things: 1 Cor. 13 would still be unfulfilled because the act of prophesying has not been done away with.

When 1 Cor. 13 is fulfilled, there will be no more prophesying.

A

AnandaHya

The Spirit of Prophesy is to testify of JESUS Christ and God's plans for the world. It has been revealed in the Bible but people are still too blind and deaf to see and hear

the message remains the same. Have Faith in GOD. Pray, be Faithful, Keep His commandments. REPENT of yours sins. LOVE ONE ANOTHER. Love GOD and worship Him in SPIRIT and TRUTH.

If you wish to speak as oracles of God then Speak His truth. Follow His Spirit and Love others as God has so loved you and given you Faith and grace. Allow His living waters to flow from your heart and His words of love and truth be upon your lips.

Speak to one another in hymns and continously praise the Lord and His glory, mercy and grace.

P

prophecyman

Remove the speck out of your eye first then you can see more clearly.

im totally against them too.

and just how you know that? You only know what she says but you certainly don't know her heart.

She doesn't need your prayers.

Hmmm,

Cronjeci... I am against false prophets. No I can not know her heart, for only God looks on the heart. Your last statement is against christian principal, for we ought to pray for one another until we all come into the unity of the faith, considerest not the beam in your own eye? But see, using scripture to make an affront shows a lack of christian maturity. Grow up! and do consider that you are more than half my age, do you speak in this manner to your parents? Do you so disrespect the aged? Have you not read the scripture... Rise up above the hoary head and honor the old mans face.

P

prophecyman

wow!
a pseudo-psycho-analysis to deflect from the FALSE PROPHETS and charismatics.

now...if you would be so kind....let's take this opportunity to exegete THE SMALL STILL VOICE.

you start. context.

bring forward your proof text......ready?
John 16:13
Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, [that] shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

John 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

1 Timothy 4:1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils.

we believers have an anointing that teaches and instructs us. That anointing is the Holy Spirit living and working within
our lives. He literally teaches us and guides us into all truth (John 16:13).

Notice that the Spirit only leads and guides, but he does not speak of himself, but declares what he hears. You can choose not to listen, for the Holy Spirit (Spirit of Christ) is a gentleman and will not force his will on you.

I will continue to pray for you and all those who do not understand the spirit of prophecy which is Jesus the Christ.

A

Abiding

If the act of these 2 people prophesying for 3 1/2 years is still yet to occur, then that stands as a witness that 1 Cor. 13 remains unfulfilled, because it would show that prophesying has not been done away with.

The prophecy that they will prophesy cannot be grounds for completion, because they have yet to prophesy. It is grounds for the exact opposite conclusion.

Even if their very prophetic message(s) could be read in your Bible right now before they prophesied it, that still would not excuse the fact that they have yet to prophesy it. This would still show 2 things: 1 Cor. 13 would still be unfulfilled because the act of prophesying has not been done away with.

Well i hear your reasoning and it doesnt hold up with the point i made.
I tend to stay away from trying to stand on a cessationist view. The reason
is its takes away from my motive...that is when my motive is to point out false
prophets.....like this thread is built not on words from a prophet....but either
a person very led away in his mind coupled with false teaching....or a rather
weak manifestation of what the manifestation of prophecy actually was originally
which does take place today...in fact all the time...yet its natural in its delivery
it doesnt happen with a thus sayeth the Lord. But that would be for another thread.

If you didnt understand what you just responed to im afraid im not communicating
good enough for me to try and go deeper into the issue. My issue with Prophets isnt
that there is none....although i simply see no use for one till it hits the fan...like in
revelation(by the way you might notice things then are quite different than any other
time in the church age) but as yet in the past 35 years every prophet ive seen has been
a false prophet.

Continuists to me spend so much time defending continuism they hanvt the time
to point out or even look at the heaps of false prophets all through the churchs
in america. That is so obvious to me and it makes me sick. And im not kidding they
actually will defend them even without examining them. And call people names who
do. Charismatics are the same fighting all the time for the gifts and ignoring the
purely obvious satanic manifestations sweeping the church.

So in closing ive at least lost respect for charismatics and continuists since they
allow anything that wiggles come in the door and say not a word till they hear
someone point out the danger...then they just defend themselves...played out
with a rediculious quip...like dont throw the baby out with the bathwater.
Tell me im wrong about this evaluation.

A

Abiding

Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, [that] shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

1 Timothy 4:1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils.

we believers have an anointing that teaches and instructs us. That anointing is the Holy Spirit living and working within

Notice that the Spirit only leads and guides, but he does not speak of himself, but declares what he hears. You can choose not to listen, for the Holy Spirit (Spirit of Christ) is a gentleman and will not force his will on you.

I will continue to pray for you and all those who do not understand the spirit of prophecy which is Jesus the Christ.
Pretty condescending...last sentence particularly...Are you the only one around here who understands.
Wow i cant even believe you can be sincere with that. Maybe you are one of the elite. Really liked the hot
pink ...nice touch...subtle

Last edited:

cronjecj

Banned [Reason: ongoing "extreme error/heresy" Den
Sep 25, 2011
Hmmm,

Cronjeci... I am against false prophets. No I can not know her heart, for only God looks on the heart. Your last statement is against christian principal, for we ought to pray for one another until we all come into the unity of the faith, considerest not the beam in your own eye? But see, using scripture to make an affront shows a lack of christian maturity. Grow up! and do consider that you are more than half my age, do you speak in this manner to your parents? Do you so disrespect the aged? Have you not read the scripture... Rise up above the hoary head and honor the old mans face.
She doesn't need your prayers because you are in disagreement with anything and everyone that against your believes.

Drop the im right "attitude"

i don't care if im half your age, ive seen 15 year old's having more biblical intelect then 60 year old's.

zone

Jun 13, 2010

no, it is the false prophets, the charismatics and Third Wavers who do not understand what prophecy is.

through these counterfeit signs and wonders/prophetic/apostolic movements, the real truth of what christians who REMAIN FAITHFUL TO THE INERRANT WORD have always done, and by the Power of the Holy Spirit >> PREACH FROM THE WORD ONLY.

faithfulness to what He has already said, preached from the Truth already delivered is the mark of a witness for Christ. the power is in what He has already said, this is the power from the Holy Spirit - to testify/witness/proclaim/preach/teach/'prophesy' what has ALREADY BEEN DELIVERED once for all.

the incremental redefinition of Christian/Biblical terminology/language/realities - i.e: "prophet" is what has brought this disaster on us.

we've gone from what could and should have been LEFT ALONE as to 'prophesy' - speak forth from the Word of God faithfully ONLY.......to charismatic 'prophets' now suddenly receiving direct downloads of new revelation from God - and we are told that IF WHAT THEY SAY DOES NOT CONTRADICT the Word of God they are likely 'genuine': they should be heeded.

NO. its not these charismatics who 'do not CONTRADICT' what is written when they "prophesy" - it is Christian witnesses who do not SPEAK ANYTHING THAT ISN'T WRITTEN! if you want to know what a true PROPHET in the church since canon is << that's it! just like always.

preachers and teachers and witnesses who LET GOD'S WORD ALONE speak and LET THE HOLY SPIRIT Alone do His Work among men through it.

not these fakers ADDING TO, blabbering NEW words! redefining EVERYTHING.

these movements have little by little taken over and distorted terms and intentions meant for the CHURCH, the faithful witnesses and believers and created a morass of confusion - just look at what happens when the word ISRAEL comes up!

ana has it exactly right:

The Spirit of Prophesy is to testify of JESUS Christ and God's plans for the world. It has been revealed in the Bible but people are still too blind and deaf to see and hear

the message remains the same. Have Faith in GOD. Pray, be Faithful, Keep His commandments. REPENT of yours sins. LOVE ONE ANOTHER. Love GOD and worship Him in SPIRIT and TRUTH.

If you wish to speak as oracles of God then Speak His truth. Follow His Spirit and Love others as God has so loved you and given you Faith and grace. Allow His living waters to flow from your heart and His words of love and truth be upon your lips.

Speak to one another in hymns and continously praise the Lord and His glory, mercy and grace.
^^^

John 12:48
He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day."

the word that I have spoken

have spoken - not 'NEW WORDS I WILL SPEAK FIRST PERSON VERBATIM' through self-appointed 'prophets' in the 'latter days'.

Last edited:

zone

Jun 13, 2010
You are a liar
You know you are lying

I too would like to hear from you prophecyman
let's find out a little more about what you believe notIbutChrist.....you're for THE CALL?
the NAR?

A

AnandaHya

Well i hear your reasoning and it doesnt hold up with the point i made.
I tend to stay away from trying to stand on a cessationist view. The reason
is its takes away from my motive...that is when my motive is to point out false
prophets.....like this thread is built not on words from a prophet....but either
a person very led away in his mind coupled with false teaching....or a rather
weak manifestation of what the manifestation of prophecy actually was originally
which does take place today...in fact all the time...yet its natural in its delivery
it doesnt happen with a thus sayeth the Lord. But that would be for another thread.

If you didnt understand what you just responed to im afraid im not communicating
good enough for me to try and go deeper into the issue. My issue with Prophets isnt
that there is none....although i simply see no use for one till it hits the fan...like in
revelation(by the way you might notice things then are quite different than any other
time in the church age) but as yet in the past 35 years every prophet ive seen has been
a false prophet.

Continuists to me spend so much time defending continuism they hanvt the time
to point out or even look at the heaps of false prophets all through the churchs
in america. That is so obvious to me and it makes me sick. And im not kidding they
actually will defend them even without examining them. And call people names who
do. Charismatics are the same fighting all the time for the gifts and ignoring the
purely obvious satanic manifestations sweeping the church.

So in closing ive at least lost respect for charismatics and continuists since they
allow anything that wiggles come in the door and say not a word till they hear
someone point out the danger...then they just defend themselves...played out
with a rediculious quip...like dont throw the baby out with the bathwater.
Tell me im wrong about this evaluation.

Hey I believe in the continuition of gifts and I don't like most things that wiggle but doesn't proclaim Christ cruxified for the forgiveness of sins as their central message.

though this thread is an example of how it becomes about the continuation of gifts and not about discernment of those who would lead the sheep astray and take all their money.

zone, the words may be new because of the change and development of languages but the message should always be the same. you can see the same message of Christ and His salvation throughout the OT and the NT. that was why all the prophets spoke to tell the world of JESUS Christ and His redemption plan.

its not about how you can make money and buy lear jets. or have the power to control demons. no do not rejoice in the signs and wonders but in the fact that you name is written in the book of Life.

Last edited:
A

AnandaHya

its not about how you can make money and buy lear jets. or have the power to control demons. no do not rejoice in the signs and wonders but in the fact that your name is written in the book of Life.

Any prophet that points to anyone or anything but Jesus Christ, His power, Glory and Mercy, His salvation, His plans, His commandments is FALSE

most in the NAR movement have proven to be false and they sugar coat it with half truths but its the 1 perent lies that kills in rat poison, not the candied truth.

If they were truly seeking to establish GOd's kingdom on Earth as it is in HEAVEN. they would be proclaiming this TRUTH:

Jeremiah 31:33-34
New King James Version (NKJV)
33 But this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the LORD: I will put My law in their minds, and write it on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. 34 No more shall every man teach his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying, &#8216;Know the LORD,&#8217; for they all shall know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them, says the LORD. For I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin I will remember no more.&#8221;

We do not need every man to teach his neighbor or brother, we need the HOLY SPIRIT to put His laws in our minds and write in our hearts. We need GOD. We need a relationship with HIM not with false teachers that tickle our ears and promise worldly wealth with fake acts of piety. their hearts are far from Him though they honor Him with their lips. Worship is of the HEART to JESUS with no thought of worldly gain but of only Heavenly Praise and thanksgiving.

don't accept the fake and conterfeit. seek the Truth and the Kingdom of GOD and His glory. not this world and its temporal trappings.

intercessory prayers are not based on the idea that you can change God's mind but in the fact that God is merciful and forgiving in His very Nature. you do not change GOD but God changes YOU and allows you to understand with wisdom from above the state of the world and your life.

Prayer comes from the heart and if the Holy Spirit resides in your heart and you truly pray in the Spirit then it is most likely will happen, but it is NOT prophecy.

Prophecy comes for GOD and always points people to JESUS and how to get into right relationship with HIM themselves.

Last edited:
A

AnandaHya

Prophecy comes for GOD and always points people to JESUS and how to get into right relationship with HIM themselves. and tells of the consequences if they fail to listen and the blessings if they do listen to God's message to them. its nothing new, its what the prophets have been doing since Able.

mmm time limit editing doesn't work with faulty internet connection grr.....

zone

Jun 13, 2010

Spiritual_Plague,
concerning this point of the 2 witnesses brought up yesterday.....

i'm not going to go into Revelation here on this thread, for a few simple reasons:

i see clearly that the so called millennium ('future 1,000 years) is NOW - the redemptive period between the First and Second Advents.

this is a despised doctrine, but without this understanding, the Book of Revelation as a book of very real spiritual truths expressed in symbolic language isn't accepted.
its trampled everyday. but its crucial to understanding the symbolism in scripture - i'm studying SP...i'm leaving the counterfeit entirely.
that's why the 'events' in the world as they are going down don't seem to "MATCH" what is written: its a counterfeit being played out just as God said in 2 Thess 2

so to do any kind of service to what i am seeing in Revelation re: the 2 witnesses, we'd have to almost start from the beginning, because our presuppositions are completly different.

the problem lies in trying to undo dispensational "literalism" at every turn: this is, ultimately The Holy Spirit's work in the faithful christian. if we can't make the transition from the TYPES of the OT to the Fulfillments in Christ and His church, nothing makes any sense at all. and Jesus is sidelined.

~

Re: Prophecy for those called by His name

and a verbatim First Person utterance supposedly from Jesus is what i am arguing AGAINST.

the Word of God already delivered is what should have been posted in that OP if we were to be hearing from a real 'prophet' - not some fake new utterance.

~

all i'll post for now about the 2 witnesses REGARDING THE IDEA OF 'CONTINUATION' of miraculous prophetic/apostolic offices from Acts/Corinth etc is this (i do not believe they are 2 literal men): this shouldn't have to launch us off into the Book of Revelation as the subject of this thread: you're familiar with the Rev passages, so consider these:

Amos 8:11
"Behold the days come, saith the Lord God, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the Word of God".

Isaiah 55:10-11
For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater:
So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

Isaiah 12:2-3
Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the LORD Jehovah is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation. Therefore with joy shall ye draw water out of the wells of salvation.

James 5:16-20
The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working. Elijah was a man with a nature like ours, and he prayed fervently that it might not rain, and for three years and six months it did not rain on the earth. Then he prayed again, and heaven gave rain, and the earth bore its fruit.
My brothers, if anyone among you wanders from the truth and someone brings him back, let him know that whoever brings back a sinner from his wandering will save his soul from death and will cover a multitude of sins.

~

anyways....the key for me is knowing dispensationalism (mixed with the occult) is a system that has overlaid an entirely 'visible' and physical counterfeit on the spiritual truth and reality.

LAO can explain these things better than i can, though i totally disagree with him on the 1,000 years.
typology is critical.

zone.

Last edited:

zone

Jun 13, 2010
zone, the words may be new because of the change and development of languages .
no ana.
its not that the words are new due to development of language.
its that "new" definitions of Biblical terms have papered over the REAL meanings and offered up a counterfeit system.

it DOES come down to continuationism (as per CHARISMATICS), and per this OP.

the office of prophet who received NEW words from Christ is ENDED.

if we can't stay faithful to what He has already said, we might as well just pack it in.

there are MILLIONS of people claiming God is speaking directly to them (whether they say for the church or for their friends makes no difference) OUTSIDE His revealed Will and Plan in Holy Scripture.

He has already spoken. it's really really clear:

Divisions in the Church
10I appeal to you, brothers,a by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree, and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be united in the same mind and the same judgment.

11For it has been reported to me by Chloe&#8217;s people that there is quarreling among you, my brothers. 12What I mean is that each one of you says, &#8220;I follow Paul,&#8221; or &#8220;I follow Apollos,&#8221; or &#8220;I follow Cephas,&#8221; or &#8220;I follow Christ.&#8221; 13Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Or were you baptized in the name of Paul? 14I thank God that I baptized none of you except Crispus and Gaius, 15so that no one may say that you were baptized in my name. 16(I did baptize also the household of Stephanas. Beyond that, I do not know whether I baptized anyone else.) 17For Christ did not send me to baptize but to preach the gospel, and not with words of eloquent wisdom, lest the cross of Christ be emptied of its power.

Christ the Wisdom and Power of God
18For the word of the cross is folly to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 19For it is written,

&#8220;I will destroy the wisdom of the wise,
and the discernment of the discerning I will thwart.&#8221;

20Where is the one who is wise? Where is the scribe? Where is the debater of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world? 21For since, in the wisdom of God, the world did not know God through wisdom, it pleased God through the folly of what we preach to save those who believe. 22For Jews demand signs and Greeks seek wisdom, 23but we preach Christ crucified, a stumbling block to Jews and folly to Gentiles, 24but to those who are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God. 25For the foolishness of God is wiser than men, and the weakness of God is stronger than men.

~

now if the Apostle Paul, who was CHOSEN personally by Jesus and supernaturally empowered, given authority as A WITNESS of the Resurrection says this (IN SPITE OF HIS AUTHORITY AND POWER):

Christ did not send me to baptize but to preach the gospel, and not with words of eloquent wisdom, lest the cross of Christ be emptied of its power.

the word of the cross is folly to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

it pleased God through the folly of what we preach to save those who believe

we preach Christ crucified, a stumbling block to Jews and folly to Gentiles

then what did he mean by this?:

that there be no divisions among you, but that you be united in the same mind and the same judgment.

~

if the Corinthians were divided over TRUE APOSTLES and who baptised them and who didn't, what kind of trouble are we in today when we are flooded with FALSE PROPHETS AND FALSE APOSTLES who have redefined everything incrementally!

zone

Jun 13, 2010
its not about how you can make money and buy lear jets. or have the power to control demons. no do not rejoice in the signs and wonders but in the fact that your name is written in the book of Life.

Any prophet that points to anyone or anything but Jesus Christ, His power, Glory and Mercy, His salvation, His plans, His commandments is FALSE

most in the NAR movement have proven to be false and they sugar coat it with half truths but its the 1 perent lies that kills in rat poison, not the candied truth.

If they were truly seeking to establish GOd's kingdom on Earth as it is in HEAVEN. they would be proclaiming this TRUTH:

Jeremiah 31:33-34
New King James Version (NKJV)
33 But this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the LORD: I will put My law in their minds, and write it on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. 34 No more shall every man teach his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying, &#8216;Know the LORD,&#8217; for they all shall know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them, says the LORD. For I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin I will remember no more.&#8221;

We do not need every man to teach his neighbor or brother, we need the HOLY SPIRIT to put His laws in our minds and write in our hearts. We need GOD. We need a relationship with HIM not with false teachers that tickle our ears and promise worldly wealth with fake acts of piety. their hearts are far from Him though they honor Him with their lips. Worship is of the HEART to JESUS with no thought of worldly gain but of only Heavenly Praise and thanksgiving.

don't accept the fake and conterfeit. seek the Truth and the Kingdom of GOD and His glory. not this world and its temporal trappings.

intercessory prayers are not based on the idea that you can change God's mind but in the fact that God is merciful and forgiving in His very Nature. you do not change GOD but God changes YOU and allows you to understand with wisdom from above the state of the world and your life.

Prayer comes from the heart and if the Holy Spirit resides in your heart and you truly pray in the Spirit then it is most likely will happen, but it is NOT prophecy.

Prophecy comes for GOD and always points people to JESUS and how to get into right relationship with HIM themselves.
so, as nearly the entire 'church' globally is making it (prophet) out to be today, according to what you have written above, do we need "prophets"?

Pentecostalism is a diverse and complex movement within Christianity that places special emphasis on a direct personal experience of God through the baptism in the Holy Spirit, has an eschatological focus, and is an experiential religion.[1] The term Pentecostal is derived from Pentecost, the Greek name for the Jewish Feast of Weeks. For Christians, this event commemorates the descent of the Holy Spirit upon the followers of Jesus Christ, as described in the second chapter of the Book of Acts.[2]

Pentecostals tend to see their movement as reflecting the same kind of spiritual power and teachings that were found in the Apostolic Age of the early church. For this reason, some Pentecostals also use the term Apostolic or full gospel to describe their movement.

Pentecostalism is an umbrella term that includes a wide range of different theologies and cultures.[3] For example, many Pentecostals are Trinitarian and others are Nontrinitarian.[4] As a result, there is no single central organization or church that directs the movement. However some Pentecostal denominations are affiliated with the Pentecostal World Conference.

Pentecostalism's emphasis on the spiritual gifts places it within Charismatic Christianity, a broad grouping of Christians who have accepted some Pentecostal teachings on Spirit baptism and spiritual gifts. Pentecostalism is theologically and historically close to the charismatic movement as it significantly influenced that movement, and sometimes the terms Pentecostal and charismatic are used interchangeably. Pentecostalism claims more than 250 million adherents worldwide.[5]

When charismatics are included with Pentecostals the number increases to nearly a quarter of the world's two billion Christians.[6]

Pentecostalism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

cronjecj

Banned [Reason: ongoing "extreme error/heresy" Den
Sep 25, 2011
This is not Gods doing., this is the Greed of the Anglo-Saxon empire that has brought this about

Man has freewill.., and it seems those in power use their freewill to invoke trauma in this region
Yes this is to show that God's will can be resisted by the ungodly. They are under the wrath of God, especially those who treat the poor badly.

He knows who is His own and who is not. God has foreseen all of this.

B

becausehedied

John 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will show you things to come.

This verse says the Holy Spirit will speak. This verse says the Holy Spirit will speak what he hears. This verse says the Holy Spirit will show you things to come (that's prophecy). I'm afraid your doctrine Zone, does not allow the Holy Spirit to do what He was sent to do. When do you believe the Holy Spirit speaks, Zone? Because He does.
Look at who was being spoken to. Chris was speaking to His disciples and told THEM to wait in Jerusalem until THEY received power, (the Holy Spirit). In Acts 2, Peter plainly says that what happened there was the fulfillment of Joel 2. Thus what happened there has already taken place and is not still happening. Also, as you read Acts 2, you will notice from the end of Acts 1 that those who received the Holy Spirit in the manner being spoken of, were those to whom Christ gave the promise to in John 16.

P

prophecyman

let's find out a little more about what you believe notIbutChrist.....you're for THE CALL?
the NAR?

I am holiness Apostolic, also known as Oneness Petecostalism, or as some who slander say...Jesus Only.

I believe in the water and the blood, and the sanctication of the Spirit indwelling, I do not believe in the Trinity as it was never taught by any of the prophets,Apostles, or our Lord Jesus.

I believe in his absolute authority and power, for he said ALL Power is given to me in heaven and earth, he sits at the right hand of Power, meaning he is the power and the Glory, he does not literally sit beside the Father, for the Father yet dwells in him(JESUS) who is the EXPRESSED IMAGE of his person.

I am looking for the glorious appearing of the GREAT GOD AND SAVIOR, JESUS the CHRIST. Titus 2:13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ.

I believe in baptism in the Name of Jesus invoked and called upon when a convert is being baptize, we do not baptize in the titles Father, Son, Holy Ghost. Acts 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

The Apostles undertood the great commission and they baptized in the name of Jesus for the remission of sins. Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them...Repent and be baptized EVERYONE of you in the NAME of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins and ye shall recieve the gift of the Holy Ghost (SPIRIT).

Throughout the book of Acts the converts were baptized into the NAME of Jesus. Acts 8:12 But when they believed Philip preaching the good news about the kingdom of God and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women. Acts 10:43-48 43To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins.

44While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word.
45And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.
46For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. Then answered Peter,
47Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we? 48And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then prayed they him to tarry certain days.

Acts 19:1-6

1And it came to pass, that, while Apollos was at Corinth, Paul having passed through the upper coasts came to Ephesus: and finding certain disciples,
2He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed? And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost.
3And he said unto them, Unto what then were ye baptized? And they said, Unto John's baptism.
4Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.
5When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus. 6And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied.

Jesus said... Iam... for if you do not believe that I am he, you shall die in your sins.

I believe the Messsiah is come in the flesh and that all the fullness of the Father, the fullness of the Godhead dwelt in him, for he is the express image of his person. Jesus said: When you see me, you see the Father, I and my Father are ONE.

I believe... Hear O' Israel the Lord your God is ONE. He is the first and the last as recorded by Isaiah the prophet and by John in the book of Revelation.

There is but ONE throne and One who sits on that throne, Jesus the Lamb slain from the foundation of the World.

When one studies the Apostles doctrine (teaching) they will suddenly realize that repentance and baptism is always in the name of Jesus and not in the name of the trinity, Fathe, Son, Holy Ghost, these are not names but titles, All the Apostles taught baptism in the NAME of Jesus, All the Apostles were in one accord and acknowledged the baptism of the Spirit with the speaking of other tongues.

To deny the record as set forth in the books of Acts, is to deny the good news, hence the doctrine of Jesus Christ and his holy Apostles.

Philippians 2:9-10, “Wherefore God also hath highly exalted Him, and given Him a name which is above every name: That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth.”

B

becausehedied

I am holiness Apostolic, also known as Oneness Petecostalism, or as some who slander say...Jesus Only.

I believe in the water and the blood, and the sanctication of the Spirit indwelling, I do not believe in the Trinity as it was never taught by any of the prophets,Apostles, or our Lord Jesus.

I believe in his absolute authority and power, for he said ALL Power is given to me in heaven and earth, he sits at the right hand of Power, meaning he is the power and the Glory, he does not literally sit beside the Father, for the Father yet dwells in him(JESUS) who is the EXPRESSED IMAGE of his person.

I am looking for the glorious appearing of the GREAT GOD AND SAVIOR, JESUS the CHRIST. Titus 2:13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ.

I believe in baptism in the Name of Jesus invoked and called upon when a convert is being baptize, we do not baptize in the titles Father, Son, Holy Ghost. Acts 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

The Apostles undertood the great commission and they baptized in the name of Jesus for the remission of sins. Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them...Repent and be baptized EVERYONE of you in the NAME of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins and ye shall recieve the gift of the Holy Ghost (SPIRIT).

Throughout the book of Acts the converts were baptized into the NAME of Jesus. Acts 8:12 But when they believed Philip preaching the good news about the kingdom of God and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women. Acts 10:43-48 43To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins.

44While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word.
45And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.
46For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. Then answered Peter,
47Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we? 48And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then prayed they him to tarry certain days.

Acts 19:1-6

1And it came to pass, that, while Apollos was at Corinth, Paul having passed through the upper coasts came to Ephesus: and finding certain disciples,
2He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed? And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost.
3And he said unto them, Unto what then were ye baptized? And they said, Unto John's baptism.
4Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.
5When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus. 6And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied.

Jesus said... Iam... for if you do not believe that I am he, you shall die in your sins.

I believe the Messsiah is come in the flesh and that all the fullness of the Father, the fullness of the Godhead dwelt in him, for he is the express image of his person. Jesus said: When you see me, you see the Father, I and my Father are ONE.

I believe... Hear O' Israel the Lord your God is ONE. He is the first and the last as recorded by Isaiah the prophet and by John in the book of Revelation.

There is but ONE throne and One who sits on that throne, Jesus the Lamb slain from the foundation of the World.

When one studies the Apostles doctrine (teaching) they will suddenly realize that repentance and baptism is always in the name of Jesus and not in the name of the trinity, Fathe, Son, Holy Ghost, these are not names but titles, All the Apostles taught baptism in the NAME of Jesus, All the Apostles were in one accord and acknowledged the baptism of the Spirit with the speaking of other tongues.

To deny the record as set forth in the books of Acts, is to deny the good news, hence the doctrine of Jesus Christ and his holy Apostles.

Philippians 2:9-10, “Wherefore God also hath highly exalted Him, and given Him a name which is above every name: That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth.”
You believe in the Godhead, why did Christ say in Matthew 28:19 to baptizer in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit? Why is it that when Christ was baptized, you had Jesus the Son submitting to the will of the Father who spoke from heaven, and the Spirit descended on Jesus as a dove.

What about the Scriptures that speak about Christ being at the right hand of God.

Also there are different words used in the OT Elohim, Yahweh, Adoni, Jehovah. These carrying different meanings and numarical values at times.

Deut. 6:4
"Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one!"

The Lord (Jehovah singular) Our God (Elohim plural) is one God (Jehovah singular).

John 1:1
In the beginning was the word, and the word was with God, and the word was God.

Jesus said I and the Father are one.
Read John 17, Why would Christ pray to be gloried back with the Father. Also, in there are not different parts to the Godhead, then who is Christ praying to? Himself? They are one because they are the same in character, and action. What one would do the other would do, they have the same goal and out come in mind. It is the same idea that Paul used in 1 Corinthians 3:6-8. Verse 9 particularly says that he who plants and he who waters are one, but in verse 6 it is 2 different people. Why are they one, because they are in unity with one another, just as God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit are one, because they are in ultimate unity with one another. Not three Gods, but three distinct personages that make up the one God.

Think of it like a triangle, a triangle has three legs, but take one away it is no longer a triangle.
God has three sides in your would, take one away and He is not God.