Prophecy, it’s not what most think.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

presidente

May 29, 2013
i believe Peter gives us a good rule of thumb definition of prophecy when he says holy men of God sake as moved by the Holy Ghost.

Genuine prophesying us speaking a message from the Lord as the Spirit moves the individual to speak. It is a separate gift from teaching or exhortation in scripture.

oyster67

May 24, 2014
Who was right? Jesus teaching a present spiritual kingdom? Or the Pharisees who were blind and still look for a future physical kingdom?
Certainly Jesus was right about what He spoke about and certainly Revelation is right about the future time of the real and literal Millennium.

Revelation 20
20:1 And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.
20:2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,
20:3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

Jan 17, 2020
Certainly Jesus was right about what He spoke about and certainly Revelation is right about the future time of the real and literal Millennium.

Revelation 20
20:1 And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.
20:2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,
20:3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.
The 1000 years are the binding of Satan. They are not the kingdom. He attacks the kingdom when the 1000 years end.

Apr 5, 2020
You are writing a creed as you speak. I prefer the creeds that are tried and proven. They also tell me who not to trust. So I don't trust you.

I use exact Biblical wording from God Himself. I did not go further and recreate my own wording. I used the formula taught by the Church Fathers and can be directly found within Scripture. YOU cannot prove it wrong!

I am not asking you trust me, but considering you trust a known Pagan like Constantine and a known heretic like Calvin, it does not shock me that sound Biblical structures would not relate to your comprehension!

oyster67

May 24, 2014
No wow to it, there will be no 1,000 year kingdom on this earth, where Jesus Christ takes a throne if David upon this earth

A false teaching of man
Here we go again; Revelation is not a false teaching.

Revelation 20

Jan 17, 2020
I use exact Biblical wording from God Himself. I did not go further and recreate my own wording. I used the formula taught by the Church Fathers and can be directly found within Scripture. YOU cannot prove it wrong!

I am not asking you trust me, but considering you trust a known Pagan like Constantine and a known heretic like Calvin, it does not shock me that sound Biblical structures would not relate to your comprehension!
So you're the man. And the rest of the church had it wrong until you came along?

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
Once again

1.) Do you believe Matthew 24:15 was fulfilled in 70AD Daniels Abomination?

2.) Do you believe Matthew 24:21 was fulfilled in 70AD?

No. The ONLY part of the Olivet Discourse relating to the 70ad events, is found in Luke 21:12-24.

Matthew 24 is "far-future" from when it was written. Preterism is incorrect, because it disregards the "chronology" issues within the Olivet Discourse.

Consider the following:

The "BoBPs" ['the beginning of birth pangs'] ^ are the same identical things in all 3 chpts (Matt24:4-8, Mk13:5-8, AND Lk21:8-11 [<--not named as such in this last reference, only DESCRIBED there, being the same]--THIS IS KEY [that all 3 references are referring to the SAME events]);

1)
--one "SEE-then-FLEE" happens IN the events surrounding 70ad, "BEFORE" all the BoBPs (per Lk21:12<---KEY VERSE showing a "CHRONOLOGY")--Those disagreeing MUST explain "how" the events surrounding 70ad [vv.12-24] DO NOT take place BEFORE "the beginning of birth pangs," which this passage says *DO* TAKE PLACE *BEFORE* the beginning of birth pangs (which BoBPs were just spelled out in Lk12:8-11... [cf Mk13:5-8/Mt24:4-8] just before v.12 says, "BUT BEFORE ALL THESE...");

--the other "SEE-then-FLEE" FOLLOWS the BoBPs (Matt24/Mk13), and occurs at the "AOD" point in time, which passage (Jesus said) RELATES to the Dan12:11 verse (because of the SINGULAR "abominaTION" Daniel spoke of, THERE), which chpt (Dn12) says the "time-period" referred to in that entire CONTEXT *ENDS* with Daniel [after having died / rest in death] being resurrected ['to stand again on the earth'] "AT THE END OF THE DAYS [at the END of the specific days referred to IN THAT CONTEXT--which IS *far-future* from Jesus' first advent and *far-future* to the 70ad events even]"

2)
--the 70ad events result in their [that is, Israel] "be led away captive into all the nations" per Lk21:24b (and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, UNTIL" (even to end of the 42-mo period referred to in Rev11:2--which is a part of the "IN QUICKNESS [NOUN]" time-period that Rev1:1/4:1/1:19c refers to, in contrast with "the things WHICH ARE" (i.e. the NOW) which are NOT a part of the "IN QUICKNESS [NOUN]" [1:1] time-period]);

--whereas the Matthew 24 (*far-future*) passage shows its "end" to be their being gathered together ['ONE by ONE'] by angels ['He shall SEND' to do so] to worship the Lord in the holy mount AT JERUSALEM, when you compare Matt24:29-31 with its parallel Isa27:12-13 (@ "the GREAT trumpet" [note: not at "our Rapture" event, which is a distinct trumpet and time-slot and is not the one being spoken of in these passages])

And note: verse 32 of Lk21, where it says, "TILL ALL be fulfilled," necessarily INCLUDES that which v.24 had just said, which was, "and [they] shall be led away captive into all the nations" [and further on in the verse... uses the word "UNTIL"]...
...which is entirely distinct from their being "gathered [ONE by ONE]" TO there! [not to mention, entirely distinct from "our Rapture" event, wherein we are said to be caught up/away together "AS ONE"]

... the SEQUENCE is distinct in each of these Olivet Discourse sections, thus proving that the "SEE-then-FLEEs" are wholly distinct events at wholly distinct time frames (involving distinct circumstances [though parts SOUND SIMILAR]; and with wholly distinct ends/outcomes)...

Apr 5, 2020
So you're the man. And the rest of the church had it wrong until you came along?

You can play this game you're attempting to with me, but as a licensed member dealing with mental issues and how the brain works in creating lies, you cannot force your biasedness on me any further than you can pick up a horse and toss it 20 feet.

Apr 5, 2020
You have nothing more than to try to compare me to previous thinkers. But since the majority of CREEDS are based upon these words NOT FOUND within Scripture:

You searched for
"SAME ESSENCE" in the KJV Bible

'SAME ESSENCE' in the Bible
... No direct matches for your keyword exist in the King James Bible.

You searched for
"GOD THE SON" in the KJV Bible

'GOD THE SON' in the Bible

You searched for
"GOD THE HOLY SPIRIT" in the KJV Bible

'GOD THE HOLY SPIRIT' in the Bible

You searched for
"TRINITY" in the KJV Bible

'TRINITY' in the Bible

You searched for
"CO EQUAL" in the KJV Bible

'CO EQUAL' in the Bible

You searched for
"CO EXISTENCE" in the KJV Bible

'CO EXISTENCE' in the Bible

You searched for
"CREED" in the KJV Bible

'CREED' in the Bible

You searched for
"TRIUNE" in the KJV Bible

'TRIUNE' in the Bible

You searched for
"THREE IN ONE" in the KJV Bible

'THREE IN ONE' in the Bible

You searched for
"PERSONS OF GOD" in the KJV Bible

'PERSONS OF GOD' in the Bible

You cannot guilt me into anything but revealing how great your own self deception actually is.

oyster67

May 24, 2014
You can play this game you're attempting to with me, but as a licensed member dealing with mental issues and how the brain works in creating lies, you cannot force your biasedness on me any further than you can pick up a horse and toss it 20 feet.
I think I know something that he CAN toss 20 feet.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
The heretics on this board often times betray themselves by posing these sorts irrelevant and erosive questions. Dave-L more than most.

Jan 17, 2020
What's your degree? Is it accredited?

oyster67

May 24, 2014
No, there's only one kingdom and it's spiritual and eternal, not 1000 years of Judaism.
Call them whatever you may, The Kingdom of God, The Millennium, and Heaven are all very real.

Jan 17, 2020
Call them whatever you may, The Kingdom of God, The Millennium, and Heaven are all very real.
Do you think Jesus was right saying the kingdom arrived with him agreeing with Daniel? Or were those expecting a physical kingdom correct in saying it did not, thinking Daniel and Jesus had it wrong? Being physical and yet to come?

Jan 17, 2020
Questioning people's accreditations is not what this forum is for.
I don't have any degrees except HS and 2 yrs College. But I don't listen to those who claim to be a mental health pro without any degrees.

CS1

May 23, 2012
Once again

1.) Do you believe Matthew 24:15 was fulfilled in 70AD Daniels Abomination?

2.) Do you believe Matthew 24:21 was fulfilled in 70AD?
once again I said yes, and it also has an end-time context.