Prophecy Teachers

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

kc_hhsl

Feb 23, 2020
Went through a Sunday School class last year on Daniel. Found it very interesting.

I'm looking to learn more about the Bible's prophecies.

Given this - what 5 to 7 teachers would you recommend - that is reading their materials or watching their videos.

Also - who would you avoid at all costs and why?

Looking to get a good jump - have googled only to find all kinds of stuff.

Also - anyone have any good seminars they would recommend?

Thanks

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Hello and Welcome to CC...
I have a few people whose teaching I've found credible... though as I'm still investigating the subject, I'm not willing to share names.

The people who I would definitely avoid are those who either have made specific predictions that have not come true, or who consistently make predictions so general that they might as well be writing horoscopes.

I'd strongly recommend that you seek the Lord's guidance and protection as there is a lot of fluff out there.

WithinReason

Feb 21, 2020
Went through a Sunday School class last year on Daniel. Found it very interesting.

Given this - what 5 to 7 teachers would you recommend - that is reading their materials or watching their videos.

Thanks
Found a neat study on Revelation 12 here

There was also some stuff on Daniel 7 and Revelation 13 also here

Is that what you were looking for, or did you want to just look together in scripture here in this thread?

Jan 17, 2020

Thanks
Start by learning about Jesus' view of the kingdom in the gospels. It is spiritual, not physical. And then stay away from every form of Millennialism. Amilennialism (no millennium) is endorsed as true to scripture by the historic creeds.

Sep 6, 2014
“Behold, the Lord comes with ten thousands of his holy ones, 15to execute judgment on all and to convict all the ungodly of all their deeds of ungodliness that they have committed in such an ungodly way, and of all the harsh things that ungodly sinners have spoken against him.”

miknik5

Jun 2, 2016

Thanks
Read The Bible and pray

kc_hhsl

Feb 23, 2020
“Behold, the Lord comes with ten thousands of his holy ones, 15to execute judgment on all and to convict all the ungodly of all their deeds of ungodliness that they have committed in such an ungodly way, and of all the harsh things that ungodly sinners have spoken against him.”
I'm fairly certain your response actually might … or at least potentially … answer some type of question … under the correct circumstances but that is really a maybe.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012

Thanks
Look up Arnold Fruchtenbaum author of Israelology.
He goes over the different views extensively.

Apr 15, 2017

Thanks
Dan 12:4 But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.

Dan 12:8 And I heard, but I understood not: then said I, O my Lord, what shall be the end of these things?
Dan 12:9 And he said, Go thy way, Daniel: for the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end.

Daniel was told things that would happen at the end time, but did not understand what was told him which the book is sealed until the end time which means that a person cannot understand it like Daniel until the end time.

Because Daniel had a limited view of the world and could not see what the world was doing to understand what was told him.

If it were before technology how much would we know of what is going on in the earth, but about as much as we would know would be when we went outside and looked around with maybe a few things close to us that someone related.

But the book is sealed until the end time, which is now, for many shall run to and fro, advanced travel, and knowledge shall be increased, advanced technology, which now the saints can see, know, and hear of what is going on in the world, and how it is possible for the nations to come together in which the world will rebel against God, which they followed the new age movement that interprets all religions according to the occult, and evolution, and people are still evolving to be greater and spiritual provided by the New Age Christ, and then He will end this sin business on earth.

Daniel 7 explains the book of Daniel quite well as far as prophesy.

Dan 7:1 In the first year of Belshazzar king of Babylon Daniel had a dream and visions of his head upon his bed: then he wrote the dream, and told the sum of the matters.
Dan 7:2 Daniel spake and said, I saw in my vision by night, and, behold, the four winds of the heaven strove upon the great sea.
Dan 7:3 And four great beasts came up from the sea, diverse one from another.

Daniel had a vision of 4 kingdoms that were different than each other that represent a human trait that is not of God, and even though all 4 kingdoms went by all 4 traits, 1 of those traits were their chief mode of operation with the other 3 as a minor operation to that.

Dan 7:4 The first was like a lion, and had eagle's wings: I beheld till the wings thereof were plucked, and it was lifted up from the earth, and made stand upon the feet as a man, and a man's heart was given to it.

The first is Babylon which represents human religion, the occult.

It had eagle's wings for they had the revelation of God for the king acknowledged the God of Israel as the greatest God, and proclaimed that throughout his kingdom.

The king's son blew it and the eagle's wings were stripped for they lost the revelation of God and then Babylon became known as the kingdom of man.

Dan 7:5 And behold another beast, a second, like to a bear, and it raised up itself on one side, and it had three ribs in the mouth of it between the teeth of it: and they said thus unto it, Arise, devour much flesh.

The second is Medo-Persia and represents physical cruelty in war, and it raised itself up on one side for the Persian influence was greater in that union, and the 3 ribs are 3 nations which they probably conquered.

Dan 7:6 After this I beheld, and lo another, like a leopard, which had upon the back of it four wings of a fowl; the beast had also four heads; and dominion was given to it.

The third is Greece and represents human wisdom, which had 4 wings of a fowl which could mean they flew higher than other nations in higher mathematics, medicine, philosophy, things like that, and had 4 heads and dominion given to it which when the king died his empire was split in to 4 sections with a leader in each section.

Dan 7:7 After this I saw in the night visions, and behold a fourth beast, dreadful and terrible, and strong exceedingly; and it had great iron teeth: it devoured and brake in pieces, and stamped the residue with the feet of it: and it was diverse from all the beasts that were before it; and it had ten horns.

The fourth is the Roman Empire which represents pushing for power, dominion.

It was different than the other 3 kingdoms for it was the most determined to get control of the world.

The 10 horns is in the future the world split in to 10 sections with a leader in each section.

Dan 7:8 I considered the horns, and, behold, there came up among them another little horn, before whom there were three of the first horns plucked up by the roots: and, behold, in this horn were eyes like the eyes of man, and a mouth speaking great things.

The little horn is the New Age Christ of the new age movement which God warns the saints of the new age movement and their false interpretation of the Bible.

3 horns, sections, were plucked up by the roots, and the little horn had eyes like a man, and a mouth speaking great things, for he believes in no personal God but it is all about mankind and they can achieve peace on earth, and evolve to be greater and spiritual by the evolutionary process.

Dan 7:11 I beheld then because of the voice of the great words which the horn spake: I beheld even till the beast was slain, and his body destroyed, and given to the burning flame.
Dan 7:12 As concerning the rest of the beasts, they had their dominion taken away: yet their lives were prolonged for a season and time.

The beast deceived the world that did not love God to follow him which they made war with everyone that opposed them, and then God put them down and ended this sin business on earth.

The first 3 beasts will never have physical dominion again, but their lives were prolonged for a time and season, which their ways are still on earth.

The Roman Empire does not lose her dominion until Jesus puts them down.

All 4 kingdoms are part of the beast kingdom in the future, which the 10 horns have the dominion, Roman Empire, with the ways of a lion, Babylon, ways of a bear, Medo-Persia, ways of a leopard, Greece.

The kingdom of man in it's entirety with all 4 kingdoms chief mode of operation in that kingdom with no minor role, believing in no personal God, a kingdom that has never been like that before in history.

Roman Empire dominion with the spirit of Babylon for she has not fallen yet for her ways are still on earth, human religion, the occult, and the kingdom of man, which is what the beast kingdom in Revelation is about.

Dan 7:23 Thus he said, The fourth beast shall be the fourth kingdom upon earth, which shall be diverse from all kingdoms, and shall devour the whole earth, and shall tread it down, and break it in pieces.
Dan 7:24 And the ten horns out of this kingdom are ten kings that shall arise: and another shall rise after them; and he shall be diverse from the first, and he shall subdue three kings.

The 4th beast shall devour the whole earth which the plan came from them that pulled all nations together mainly by controlled conflict brings about controlled change, the change they made of working together for peace because of the problems on earth, and the New Age Christ establishing peace in the Middle East and then working as a man of peace, and promoting the new age movement in the world.

Which all nations leaders gave heed to the new age movement as religion, but the Arab nations would not which the world goes against them which is the 3 horns that were plucked up by the roots, and the 3 that was subdued, for the 3 sections covered the Arab nations.

That war was so terrible the world follows the New Age Christ as the solution to have peace on earth.

Dan 7:25 And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.

The great tribulation where the beast makes war against the saints and then those that remain on earth are gathered unto Christ.

Dan 7:27 And the kingdom and dominion, and the greatness of the kingdom under the whole heaven, shall be given to the people of the saints of the most High, whose kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and all dominions shall serve and obey him.

Jesus shall come back with the saints and defeat the world and Jesus and the saints shall rule over the heathen that God spared at the battle of Armageddon.

jb

Feb 27, 2010

Thanks
Links to studies on The Revelation of Jesus Christ, The Second Coming of Christ and The Visions of Daniel

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
There are 4 views of eschatology which is end times views using prophecy and Scripture.

Pre-millennial (Historic)
Post Millennial
Amillennial
Dispensationalism.

Some views that interpret prophecy in Scripture are better than others. Here is a good book for an overview.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=Four+Views+on+the+Book+of+Revelation&ref=is_s

Sam Storms wrote a book called Kingdom Come: Amillennial Alternative

It is a good look at Amillenialism.

A final book is by Stanley Grenz, called the Millennial Maze. He looks at all 4 eschatological viewpoints. It's really important to know all the 4, then decide with prayer which seems best to you.

But always remember: end times interpretations are not much more than an educated guess. So, if anyone tells you it HAS to be this viewpoint, don't trust them! Including me!

Diakonos

Jan 19, 2019
Anacortes, WA
An Allegorical interpretation of Scripture puts the authority in the hand of the interpreter. They can make it mean whatever they want.
A Literal interpretation of Scripture leaves the authority in the hand of Scripture.....where it belongs. The word says what it means and means what it says.
The Bible tells us when it is speaking symbolically. Its just tough to understand without a healthy dose of Israelology. And if you neglect the Old Testament, you definitely won't interpret the New Testament consistently.
"The Law of the Lord is perfect, restoring the soul" (Psalm 19:7)

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
A Literal interpretation of Scripture leaves the authority in the hand of Scripture.....where it belongs.
And that is how Christ and the apostles interpreted Scripture and applied it. And that is also why Jesus asked many times "Have ye not read...?" He expected His hearers to read what was literally given.

And He [Christ] answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female... (Mt 19:4)

So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them. (Gen 1:27)

Christ could have said "I created them..." but He wanted them to recall what was actually written.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
There are 4 views of eschatology which is end times views using prophecy and Scripture.
There may be four views but they cannot all be correct. So Christians should examine them carefully, and reject those which fantasize or allegorize Scripture.

E

EleventhHour

An Allegorical interpretation of Scripture puts the authority in the hand of the interpreter. They can make it mean whatever they want.
A Literal interpretation of Scripture leaves the authority in the hand of Scripture.....where it belongs. The word says what it means and means what it says.
The Bible tells us when it is speaking symbolically. Its just tough to understand without a healthy dose of Israelology. And if you neglect the Old Testament, you definitely won't interpret the New Testament consistently.
"The Law of the Lord is perfect, restoring the soul" (Psalm 19:7)
Seems to me many that are many well studied in the Old Testament and there still is no consensus on the correct interpretation of the New Testament especially in the area of eschatology.

miknik5

Jun 2, 2016

Thanks
You are looking to learn more about the Bible prophecies, yet you are not interested in reading the Bible and praying.

Why?

massorite

Jan 3, 2015

Thanks
There is an over abundance of information out there about Bible Prophecies and way to many so called teachers out there who can and are guiding so many folks in the wrong direction when it comes to Prophecy. The best teacher of all is Jesus Christ, Only He will guide you in the right direction so I would recommend getting your self some good research tools like biblical dictionaries, Lexicons and so on and take yourself to class and remember that commentaries are nothing more than another man's opinion. We should always research anything or declaration made by any man because even the best teacher can teach something wrong.

NOV25

Nov 23, 2019

Thanks
Video on the book of Daniel