Prophecy warfare

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Fundaamental

Mar 17, 2023
Signs you have the gift of prophecy.

You desire deep intimacy with God. You have a deep prayer life.
You hear God speak to you in many of the ways in which He speaks to the prophets.
Always seeking to hear the Lord on situations. Prophets always looks for what God has to say
You have premonitions or received information from the Lord on future events that you’ve seen come to pass.
If you are a Seer, you will see things in the spirit that others cannot see. You may even believe it was your imagination at first.
You are keenly aware that your words have authority and what you speak actually happens. Sometimes you may even be afraid to verbalize some things because you don’t want to see them happen.
Other people have told you that things you’ve prayed or said actually happened
You are drawn to the prophetic and probably have a lot of dreams and see symbols of eagles
You’ve helped people get free or delivered from situations
You have a standard for righteousness and can see many problems within your church that others may not see
You feel separate and apart from most people in your church and see the need for deep repentance
You generally do not follow other people, you follow God and what He is telling you to do. This means that you are a loner and you may not have a lot of friends, if any at all.
You’re often misunderstood.
You are a black and white person. There is no in between.
Your deepest desire is to turn people away from sin and towards God. From sin to repentance to restoration.
----------------------------------------

From reading the old testament there was a war waged by the spirit of Jezebel to kill all the prophets, and many where killed.
So many where killed that Church leaders started to hide the prophets in caves.
Obadiah hid 100 prophets in caves at one time.

This is just one account but i would imagine the number of prophets for the lord are not accounted for are even higher, as Jezebel was estimated at one time to have many of her own prophets.
I guess we could say the same about Jezabel prophets being even higher.

What do you need to do if you suspect you have the gift of prophecy
How do you get rid of a Jezabel spirit if ther following you around trying to kill your gift of prophecy.
I also read that if your ancestors had the gift of prophecy you could be under a generation curse from Jezabel.

I also read that the war between the two sets of prophets has never gone away and the church needs more people to be fully trained if they suspect they have the gift of prophecy.
How do you know what gift you get given of the holy spirit.
Given the over whelming evidence that the Jezabel spirit is in full operation today, would it be the case the lord has gifted many Christians with the gift of prophecy.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
From reading the old testament there was a war waged by the spirit of Jezebel to kill all the prophets, and many where killed.
There is no such thing as a "spirit of Jezebel" in Scripture. In Elijah's time, Jezebel herself was the living, breathing wife of Ahab, king of Israel, who resisted Elijah and his fellow servants of the Lord. In John's time, there was another woman named Jezebel named in the letter to Thyatira.=, who called herself a prophetess but was not.

So many where killed that Church leaders started to hide the prophets in caves. Obadiah hid 100 prophets in caves at one time.
Obadiah was not a "Church leader" because there was no "church" at the time.

How do you get rid of a Jezabel spirit if ther following you around trying to kill your gift of prophecy.
Again, Scripture knows nothing of a "Jezebel spirit", so deal with it the way you deal with anything contrary to the Lord's purposes: by drawing close to God and resisting the devil.

I also read that if your ancestors had the gift of prophecy you could be under a generation curse from Jezabel.
I also read that the war between the two sets of prophets has never gone away and the church needs more people to be fully trained if they suspect they have the gift of prophecy.
Not in Scripture, you didn't.

Given the over whelming evidence that the Jezabel spirit is in full operation today, would it be the case the lord has gifted many Christians with the gift of prophecy.
Of course there is evidence of people resisting God's work, as there has been in every generation, but calling it the work of a "Jezebel spirit" is a waste of energy. Where the Lord has revealed that it is an unclean spirit, then it is. Otherwise, it probably isn't.

Fundaamental

Mar 17, 2023
The whole Bible is based upon prophecy from start to finish.

Prophecy is vital to learn and be understood. It leads people to salvation, and keeps people safe.

The Gift of prophecy needs to be understood and appreciated, a person with the gift of prophecy needs to wait on the lord continuously, because the spirit of Jezabel and her spirits of prophecy will alway try to deceive the gift of prophecy from the lord.
The gift of prophecy can not be demanded, and must be discerned into every situation, for an answer from the lord.

However the spirit of Jezabel looks to steal the future plans of prophecy by deceiving the the gift of prophecy a person may have.

From testimonials I have read the spirit of Jezabel has followed people around from the day they where born because there parents had the spirit of prophecy from the lord.

I have also read many testimonies from people who got a spirit of Jezebel following them round giving them false prophecies from being in contact with false profits.

I've read up on all the attributes of a familiar spirit of Jezabel and a false profit,

Fundaamental

Mar 17, 2023
1 kings 18-19
19 Now summon the people from all over Israel to meet me on Mount Carmel. And bring the four hundred and fifty prophets of Baal

Jezabel worshiped baal so these where her profits.

But more importantly this was more than a few thousand years, how many more profits did Jezabel actually have, and how many spirits of prophecy for baal are there today?

How many prophets did lord have baring in mind Obadiah hid 100 in caves.

Is the gift of prophecy relevant for today ?.

Inquisitor

Mar 17, 2022
The whole Bible is based upon prophecy from start to finish.

Prophecy is vital to learn and be understood. It leads people to salvation, and keeps people safe.

The Gift of prophecy needs to be understood and appreciated, a person with the gift of prophecy needs to wait on the lord continuously, because the spirit of Jezabel and her spirits of prophecy will alway try to deceive the gift of prophecy from the lord.
The gift of prophecy can not be demanded, and must be discerned into every situation, for an answer from the lord.

However the spirit of Jezabel looks to steal the future plans of prophecy by deceiving the the gift of prophecy a person may have.

From testimonials I have read the spirit of Jezabel has followed people around from the day they where born because there parents had the spirit of prophecy from the lord.

I have also read many testimonies from people who got a spirit of Jezebel following them round giving them false prophecies from being in contact with false profits.

I've read up on all the attributes of a familiar spirit of Jezabel and a false profit,
In the Old Testament, who were the prophets pointing at?

Revelation 19:10
For the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.

The prophetic gift is a powerful instrument in any church but it is rare.

Many churches do not seek the higher gifts.

Fundaamental

Mar 17, 2023
In the Old Testament, who were the prophets pointing at?

Revelation 19:10
For the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.

The prophetic gift is a powerful instrument in any church but it is rare.

Many churches do not seek the higher gifts.
I wouldn't call it seeking a higher gift.
I would call it an essential piece of armour.
I have an abundance of waiting patiently on the lord for an answer on every situation,

The lord has told me not to attack any person personally in a criticising way.

This prophecy I will fullfil so please don't waste your time.

Fundaamental

Mar 17, 2023
Paul gives a simple definition of prophecy, “But everyone who prophesies speaks unto men to edification, and exhortation and comfort” (1 Corinthians 14:3).

The purpose of prophecy for Christians is come together as one,

Or at least it should be,

It should be an inviting invitation for friendly dialogue seeing as it was one of the main attributes of Jesus.

That being Jesus was always waiting on his father and the holy spirit before acting.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
Paul gives a simple definition of prophecy, “But everyone who prophesies speaks unto men to edification, and exhortation and comfort” (1 Corinthians 14:3).

The purpose of prophecy for Christians is come together as one,

Or at least it should be,

It should be an inviting invitation for friendly dialogue seeing as it was one of the main attributes of Jesus.

That being Jesus was always waiting on his father and the holy spirit before acting.
The problem is that we are also to test the spirits. Perhaps if you would share something with us. Then we can see whether it comes to pass as you say.
We already have a sure word of prophesy that no one can agree upon. But truly spiritual people recognize giftedness and if you have this gift, it is easy enough to discern.

Fundaamental

Mar 17, 2023
The gift of prophecy is not a one time gift.
it can not be demanded.
The gift of prophecy comes everytime you wait on the lord with patience, and with only one thought in mind, which is to serve God, to be a true witness for God, and to please God.
anything else outside of this is false prohecy.
This is where anyone can recieve a gift of prophecy. and server God like Jesus did.
Jesus said you can all go on to do greater things than i,
which would mean recieving the Gift of prohecy everytime you wait on the lord.

The Gift of prophecy is also to be an intercessor for the lord through prayer.
Jesus was always praying to father for no doubt. intercession.

Marilyn

Jul 27, 2021
`he who prophesies speaks edification and exhortation and comfort to men.` (1 Cor. 14: 3)

wattie

Feb 24, 2009
New Zealand

You hear God speak to you in many of the ways in which He speaks to the prophets.
Always seeking to hear the Lord on situations. Prophets always looks for what God has to say
You have premonitions or received information from the Lord on future events that you’ve seen come to pass.
If you are a Seer, you will see things in the spirit that others cannot see. You may even believe it was your imagination at first.
You are keenly aware that your words have authority and what you speak actually happens. Sometimes you may even be afraid to verbalize some things because you don’t want to see them happen.
You are drawn to the prophetic and probably have a lot of dreams and see symbols of eagles
You have a standard for righteousness and can see many problems within your church that others may not see
You feel separate and apart from most people in your church and see the need for deep repentance
You generally do not follow other people, you follow God and what He is telling you to do. This means that you are a loner and you may not have a lot of friends, if any at all.
Your deepest desire is to turn people away from sin and towards God. From sin to repentance to restoration.

This is just one account but i would imagine the number of prophets for the lord are not accounted for are even higher, as Jezebel was estimated at one time to have many of her own prophets.

How do you know what gift you get given of the holy spirit.
A whole lot of subjectivity here and not much actual from scripture... Which IS prophecy.

A pastor speaking from the Bible is effectively prophecying

Biblical prophecy is not fortune telling or predicting the future.. it's speaking forth God's Word.

presidente

May 29, 2013

I would imagine prophets would vary in how social they are. My wife prophesies at times and she is also a bit of a social butterfly type. I get the impression that prophets in the Bible had a wide variety of personalities. Jesus is the Prophet like unto Moses. Didn't He have a lot of friends? Elijah, on one occasion, said he was left alone, but later a company of prophets were around him.
I'd expect a prophet to give prophecies. Future prophecies that come to pass is an expectation. Prophecies might also make manifest the secrets of men's hearts.

Is God like that? If God sees gradations and allows men to see them, then why would prophets be exempted from that?

Prophets in the Bible are subject to like passions as we are. Was Jonah's deepest desire to turn people away from sin and towards God? Even the people of Nineveh?

Canaanite religion involved eating meat offered to idols and sexual, fertility rituals. Jezebel in the Old Testament promoted Baal worship. Jesus called someone in one of the churches in his letter to the angel of that church 'that woman Jezebel.' She taught the people to fornicate and to eat meat offered to idols. So we know right there that those are the two similarities to Old Testament Jezebel. The passage doesn't say anything about 'that woman Jezebel' hunting prophets. The passage doesn't call this woman who called herself a prophetess a 'spirit' either.

There is a similar passage before it about the way of Balaam. Balaam was asked to curse Israel, but He wasn't going to curse Israel if the LORD was blessing Israel. But he taught Israel's enemies how to trip them up. If Israel went into idolatry, the people would come under the curse of the law for it. So they hatched a plan that involved offering men sex and food. It was like a bad '80's movie fraternity party, but with some Baal of Peor worship added in. Food, barbecue, alcohol, with sex with Midianite or Moabite women to entice them to join in.

For there to be a curse, someone has to speak (or write) the curse. Proverbs 26:2 indicates that an undeserved curse does not land. So why would we be concerned with a Jezebel curse, if she made one? Those who are under the law who do not keep it fall under the curse that comes on him that does not obey the law.

Jezebel put a curse on herself once.
I Kings 19:2
Then Jezebel sent a messenger unto Elijah, saying, So let the gods do to me, and more also, if I make not thy life as the life of one of them by to morrow about this time.

Fundaamental

Mar 17, 2023
A whole lot of subjectivity here and not much actual from scripture... Which IS prophecy.

Biblical prophecy is not fortune telling or predicting the future.. it's speaking forth God's Word.
fortune telling can happen because of a familar spirit of Jezabel will know your entire life.
you go to a fortune teller who has a familar spirit of Jezabel also.
the two familar spirits of Jezabel then discuss your life,
the fortune teller then tells you your life story.
your then convinced and pay her money.
you leave with false hope from Jezabel.

all biblical.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
For there to be a curse, someone has to speak (or write) the curse. Proverbs 26:2 indicates that an undeserved
curse does not land. So why would we be concerned with a Jezebel curse, if she made one? Those who are
under the law who do not keep it fall under the curse that comes on him that does not obey the law.

Proverbs 26:2
:)

Fundaamental

Mar 17, 2023
I would imagine prophets would vary in how social they are. My wife prophesies at times and she is also a bit of a social butterfly type. I get the impression that prophets in the Bible had a wide variety of personalities. Jesus is the Prophet like unto Moses. Didn't He have a lot of friends? Elijah, on one occasion, said he was left alone, but later a company of prophets were around him.
I'd expect a prophet to give prophecies. Future prophecies that come to pass is an expectation. Prophecies might also make manifest the secrets of men's hearts.

Is God like that? If God sees gradations and allows men to see them, then why would prophets be exempted from that?

Prophets in the Bible are subject to like passions as we are. Was Jonah's deepest desire to turn people away from sin and towards God? Even the people of Nineveh?

Canaanite religion involved eating meat offered to idols and sexual, fertility rituals. Jezebel in the Old Testament promoted Baal worship. Jesus called someone in one of the churches in his letter to the angel of that church 'that woman Jezebel.' She taught the people to fornicate and to eat meat offered to idols. So we know right there that those are the two similarities to Old Testament Jezebel. The passage doesn't say anything about 'that woman Jezebel' hunting prophets. The passage doesn't call this woman who called herself a prophetess a 'spirit' either.

There is a similar passage before it about the way of Balaam. Balaam was asked to curse Israel, but He wasn't going to curse Israel if the LORD was blessing Israel. But he taught Israel's enemies how to trip them up. If Israel went into idolatry, the people would come under the curse of the law for it. So they hatched a plan that involved offering men sex and food. It was like a bad '80's movie fraternity party, but with some Baal of Peor worship added in. Food, barbecue, alcohol, with sex with Midianite or Moabite women to entice them to join in.

For there to be a curse, someone has to speak (or write) the curse. Proverbs 26:2 indicates that an undeserved curse does not land. So why would we be concerned with a Jezebel curse, if she made one? Those who are under the law who do not keep it fall under the curse that comes on him that does not obey the law.

Jezebel put a curse on herself once.
I Kings 19:2
Then Jezebel sent a messenger unto Elijah, saying, So let the gods do to me, and more also, if I make not thy life as the life of one of them by to morrow about this time.
I have sat in patience waiting on the lord to answer over this.
There was a gentle gust of wind befor the answer.
The lord said for if you have been a true witness for my Kingdom leading someone out of adultery.
Theres a good chance you would have also picked up a familiar spirit of Jezabel.
She looks to lead people into adultery from an early age.
she hates anything of my authority.
her spirit of prochecy is many among the unclean spirits.
she will try to decieve all christians.
Because all christian have the gift to be an intercessor.
her desire is to demolish the strong holds a christian can bring
by taring down the gift of prophecy into you must be a false prophet, using power phrase like here comes another sheep in wolves clothing.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015

Speaking God's rhema word is prophesying. Speaking God's written word is not.

If you claim that the gift of prophecy has ceased, as do most cessationists, you cannot turn around and claim that preachers are prophesying today. Either the gift is no longer available to the Church (and preachers today are not prophesying), or it still is (along with tongues, words of knowledge, and the other gifts).

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
fortune telling can happen because of a familar spirit of Jezabel will know your entire life.
you go to a fortune teller who has a familar spirit of Jezabel also.
the two familar spirits of Jezabel then discuss your life,
the fortune teller then tells you your life story.
your then convinced and pay her money.
you leave with false hope from Jezabel.

all biblical.
Not at all biblical. Scripture doesn't mention a "spirit of Jezebel" anywhere.

wattie

Feb 24, 2009
New Zealand
Speaking God's rhema word is prophesying. Speaking God's written word is not.

If you claim that the gift of prophecy has ceased, as do most cessationists, you cannot turn around and claim that preachers are prophesying today. Either the gift is no longer available to the Church (and preachers today are not prophesying), or it still is (along with tongues, words of knowledge, and the other gifts).
I'm not saying that the GIFT of prophecy in still operating but that the the gift WAS speaking forth God's Word supernaturally, without having scripture complete. So a pastor now won't have the gift but when they speak forth scripture.. it is God's Word being messaged.. which is prophecy (scripture).

Different things. Not using the GIFT of prophecy obviously.. but with prophecy in the written word complete.. referring to it by the Holy Spirit's leading-- it is revealed prophecy.

Different definitions between us obviously.. that's okay. We won't agree but I won't condemn. No cancelling here :)

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
fortune telling can happen because of a familar spirit of Jezabel will know your entire life. you go to a fortune teller who has a familar spirit of Jezabel also.
So the primarily goal of this prophet is to speak about "the familiar spirit of Jezebel". And what if we were to respond with "The Bible does not speak of any such spirit of Jezebel"? But when the prophet cannot even spell "Jezebel" correctly then what should everyone do? ROTFL?