Prophecy warfare

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Niki7

Feb 21, 2023
Proclaiming a message to be from God is of extreme responsibility. God has less than nothing good to say about those who partake of such evil at the devil's table. In fact, it is a death sentence no matter which testament you study.

The following from 'Got Questions' is pretty straightforward with Bible references for further study if anyone is so inclined

A false prophet is a person who spreads false teachings or messages while claiming to speak the Word of God. In the Bible, false prophets also spoke on behalf of false gods. False prophets functioned in their prophetic role illegitimately or for the purpose of deception. The Bible denounces false prophets for leading people astray.

In the Old Testament, the actual term false prophet does not occur, but references to false prophets are evident and abundant. In the book of Jeremiah, we encounter a clear description of false prophets: “Then the LORD said to me, ‘The prophets are prophesying lies in my name. I have not sent them or appointed them or spoken to them. They are prophesying to you false visions, divinations, idolatries and the delusions of their own minds’” (Jeremiah 14:14; see also 23:21–33; Zechariah 10:2).

The primary difference between men like Jeremiah—a true prophet of God—and false prophets was their source of information. Rather than speak the Word of the Lord, false prophets delivered messages that originated in their own hearts and minds: “This is what the LORD Almighty says: ‘Do not listen to what the prophets are prophesying to you; they fill you with false hopes. They speak visions from their own minds, not from the mouth of the LORD’” (Jeremiah 23:16; see also 14:14; 23:25–32; Ezekiel 13:1–7). God distances Himself from all false prophets: “I did not send these prophets, yet they have run with their message; I did not speak to them, yet they have prophesied” (Jeremiah 23:21).

Another difference between true prophets and false prophets in the Bible is motivation. True prophets are motivated by loyalty to God above all else, whereas false prophets are motivated by self-interest and a desire to be popular among the people (1 Kings 22:13–14). While Jeremiah foretold the grim truth of coming desolation upon Jerusalem (Jeremiah 4), the false prophets promised peace (Jeremiah 6:14; 8:11). Naturally, the people of Judah preferred the pleasant messages of the false prophets: “Don’t tell us what is right. Tell us nice things. Tell us lies” (Isaiah 30:10, NLT).

The punishment specified for false prophets in the Old Testament was severe: “If any prophet dares to speak a message in My name that I have not commanded him to speak, or to speak in the name of other gods, that prophet must be put to death” (Deuteronomy 18:20).

Niki7

Feb 21, 2023
Jesus had plenty to say about discerning false prophets/teachers and we need to believe Him and understand that not everyone who calls Him Lord actually is saved and not everyone who says they are a something are actually that something.

In the New Testament, Jesus taught about false prophets in His Sermon on the Mount: “Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? Likewise, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit” (Matthew 7:15–18).

Jesus went on to explain the grave consequences of being a false prophet: “Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them. Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’” (Matthew 7:19–23).

The Bible describes false prophets as adulterous (Jeremiah 23:14), treacherous (Zephaniah 3:4), drunkards (Isaiah 28:7), wicked (Jeremiah 23:11), liars (Jeremiah 14:14; 23:14), and associated with divination and witchcraft (Jeremiah 14:14; Ezekiel 22:28; Acts 13:6). Scripture teaches believers to be diligent in faith and devotion to Christ’s teachings so that they will be able to spot false prophets and false teachers quickly (2 Peter 1:10; 1:19—2:1; 1 John 4:1). Thankfully, the Bible outlines foolproof tests for recognizing a false prophet. The key is to know what a true prophet is like: (same source)

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
Here I was thinking to be a prophet one must prophesy. Turns out all you have to do is talk about prophesying. Maybe we are all prophets and 1 Peter 2:9 should read that we are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation and a peculiar and prophesying people.

Fundaamental

Mar 17, 2023
Jesus had plenty to say about discerning false prophets/teachers and we need to believe Him and understand that not everyone who calls Him Lord actually is saved and not everyone who says they are a something are actually that something.

In the New Testament, Jesus taught about false prophets in His Sermon on the Mount: “Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? Likewise, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit” (Matthew 7:15–18).

Jesus went on to explain the grave consequences of being a false prophet: “Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them. Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’” (Matthew 7:19–23).

The Bible describes false prophets as adulterous (Jeremiah 23:14), treacherous (Zephaniah 3:4), drunkards (Isaiah 28:7), wicked (Jeremiah 23:11), liars (Jeremiah 14:14; 23:14), and associated with divination and witchcraft (Jeremiah 14:14; Ezekiel 22:28; Acts 13:6). Scripture teaches believers to be diligent in faith and devotion to Christ’s teachings so that they will be able to spot false prophets and false teachers quickly (2 Peter 1:10; 1:19—2:1; 1 John 4:1). Thankfully, the Bible outlines foolproof tests for recognizing a false prophet. The key is to know what a true prophet is like: (same source)
The spirit of prochecy from the lord is embedded into the minds of Christians,

A christian is not a false prophet.

A false prophet is someone who has a spirit of Jezabel in them.

All you've done is mock mock mock.

The spirit of Jezebel looks to kill the spirit of prochecy from the lord.

How many Christians have you mocked since you've been here.

Your hell bent on proving a Christian to be a false prophet.

There is no way a Christian can be,
They have the spirit of prochecy embedded in them.

If your calling a Christian a false prophet your actually calling Jesus a false prophet, which is what Jezebel does all day long.

Blade

Nov 19, 2019
Hmm from what I know and studied what you said OP has nothing to do with the gift of prophecy which often is confused with prediction. We all can prophesy "I would that ye all spake with tongues, but rather that ye prophesied". Now this alone does not make one a prophet for there are other gifts that must be at work in the office of a prophet. Its why today if you ask some "prophets" why they do not have those gifts "well I am not that kind of prophet". That should be a red flag.

studentoftheword

Nov 12, 2021
Prophecy is vital to learn and be understood. It leads people to salvation, and keeps people safe.
Faith in Jesus Christ and what He accomplished on the Cross leads people to salvation not Prophecy -----in my view

Prophecy in the Old Testament was telling of the Coming Messiah who would take away the Sins of the world ----and bring in a better Covenant-----

Prophecy in the New Testament is telling of the coming of the end of this world as we know it and the defeat of Satan ---and the promise of the New Earth and some living with Jesus in Heaven while other will Live in Hell for their rejecting of Jesus -----

Blade

Nov 19, 2019
The spirit of prochecy from the lord is embedded into the minds of Christians,

A christian is not a false prophet.

A false prophet is someone who has a spirit of Jezabel in them.

All you've done is mock mock mock.

The spirit of Jezebel looks to kill the spirit of prochecy from the lord.

How many Christians have you mocked since you've been here.

Your hell bent on proving a Christian to be a false prophet.

There is no way a Christian can be,
They have the spirit of prochecy embedded in them.

If your calling a Christian a false prophet your actually calling Jesus a false prophet, which is what Jezebel does all day long.
Maybe we should clean this up a bit. False prophet does get tossed at so many Christians that just disagree with some teaching or the like yet how can they be false prophet if they are not a prophet? I know in the Bible the word Jezebel but no where in the word of God does it every say hint at she was or is a spirit. No where does it say a false prophet has the spirit of said Jezebel. This is nothing more then a personal belief since there is no scripture for it. What does "hell bent" mean? Its not the best word to use here.

A prophet that is false were not false because they were wrong all the time. See many times they were spot on. They were false as its written because God never spoke to them.

Fundaamental

Mar 17, 2023
Listen to the Christians sing about prophesying into every situation 😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊

hornetguy

Jan 18, 2016
Seeing as your a troll hunter shouldn't you be moving on now seeing as you've done your job of proving I'm a troll.

Let me guess you like to scalp trolls to, your a bit of an Indian killer from the USA.
Have you gone completely off the rails? Your responses are getting more and more erratic and nonsensical.
Seriously, you should seek professional help.

Grandpa

Jun 24, 2011
Faith in Jesus Christ and what He accomplished on the Cross leads people to salvation not Prophecy -----in my view
Faith in Christ and what He accomplished/accomplishes IS Salvation.

Asking the How and Why questions is what leads people to Salvation. And simultaneously the understanding of Prophecy.

Prophecy in the Old Testament was telling of the Coming Messiah who would take away the Sins of the world ----and bring in a better Covenant-----
Was Salvation any different for the people in the Old Testament than it is now? I don't think so.

That makes prophecy the same now as it was then.

The tricky part for the OT people was that they were prophesying Salvation and events that God did not accomplish on our timetable, yet.

On Gods Timetable all the events were accomplished from the very beginning.
Prophecy in the New Testament is telling of the coming of the end of this world as we know it and the defeat of Satan ---and the promise of the New Earth and some living with Jesus in Heaven while other will Live in Hell for their rejecting of Jesus -----
I think prophecy is telling people about the requirements of God and the Salvation of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Just like in the OT.

How were people saved in the OT? Were they just NOT Saved and they had to wait 2-3 thousand years? Or was it like Abraham where he had Faith in God and even if he didn't have 100% perfect understanding of Gods Plan his faith in God was enough.

Abraham even said the words "God will provide His Sacrifice". That's a lot of faith.

Ephesians 2:8-9
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Would this have applied in the OT? Of course. Abraham is a picture of it.

Just some food for thought.

studentoftheword

Nov 12, 2021
How were people saved in the OT? Were they just NOT Saved
Better read Hebrews 11 ----Faith was required in the Old and New Testament ------Faith saves not prophecy ---

Hebrews 11

Amplified Bible, Classic Edition

11 Now faith is the assurance (the confirmation, [a]the title deed) of the things [we] hope for, being the proof of things [we] do not see and the conviction of their reality [faith perceiving as real fact what is not revealed to the senses].

2 For by [faith—[b]trust and holy fervor born of faith] the men of old had divine testimony borne to them and obtained a good report.

3 By faith we understand that the worlds [during the successive ages] were framed (fashioned, put in order, and equipped for their intended purpose) by the word of God, so that what we see was not made out of things which are visible.

4 [Prompted, actuated] by faith Abel brought God a better and more acceptable sacrifice than Cain, because of which it was testified of him that he was righteous [that he was upright and in right standing with God], and God bore witness by accepting and acknowledging his gifts. And though he died, yet [through the incident] he is still speaking.

5 Because of faith Enoch was caught up and transferred to heaven, so that he did not have a glimpse of death; and he was not found, because God had translated him. For even before he was taken to heaven, he received testimony [still on record] that he had pleased and been satisfactory to God.

6 But without faith it is impossible to please and be satisfactory to Him. For whoever would come near to God must [necessarily] believe that God exists and that He is the rewarder of those who earnestly and diligently seek Him [out].

7 [Prompted] by faith Noah, being forewarned by God concerning events of which as yet there was no visible sign, took heed and diligently and reverently constructed and prepared an ark for the deliverance of his own family. By this [his faith which relied on God] he passed judgment and sentence on the world’s unbelief and became an heir and possessor of righteousness ([c]that relation of being right into which God puts the person who has faith).

8 [Urged on] by faith Abraham, when he was called, obeyed and went forth to a place which he was destined to receive as an inheritance; and he went, although he did not know or trouble his mind about where he was to go.

9 [Prompted] by faith he dwelt as a temporary resident in the land which was designated in the promise [of God, though he was like a stranger] in a strange country, living in tents with Isaac and Jacob, fellow heirs with him of the same promise.
10 For he was [waiting expectantly and confidently] looking forward to the city which has fixed and firm foundations, whose Architect and Builder is God.

11 Because of faith also Sarah herself received physical power to conceive a child, even when she was long past the age for it, because she considered [God] Who had given her the promise to be reliable and trustworthy and true to His word.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Have you gone completely off the rails? Your responses are getting more and more erratic and nonsensical.
Seriously, you should seek professional help.
To go "off the rails", one would have to have been on the rails at some point. ;)

Fundaamental

Mar 17, 2023
How is anyone supposed to know what she's talking about or that they're Christians? The lyrics don't contain a single mention of Jesus, or God even.
exactly 9 minutes 40 seconds of the song is when she sings about prohesying into every situation. Listen to drums and heart beat man, the king of my heart is Jesus, who will prohesize into every situation for a Christian who seeks through the heart of passion in the believer.

Here is a taste.
Prophecy number 1
Ask the lord it shall be given.
2 knock seek the door will be opened.
3 believe in Jesus ye shall be saved
4 my sheep hear my voice.
5 there is more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who turns from his or her way than 99 righteous people who don't repent.
6 The lord will direct my steps.
7 the lord answers my prayers
8 The lord tends to all my needs
9 the lord is the king of my heart.
10 The lord gives me the words to say.

The lord will open the eyes of the blind.

Now you know my belief is sincere.
Jesus is the prophet of a Christian.
Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.
Jesus lives in the heart of a Christian.
Now put your head phones on and blast this song into your head and heart and sing it to your children 😊

Niki7

Feb 21, 2023
Faith in Christ and what He accomplished/accomplishes IS Salvation.

Asking the How and Why questions is what leads people to Salvation. And simultaneously the understanding of Prophecy.

Was Salvation any different for the people in the Old Testament than it is now? I don't think so.

That makes prophecy the same now as it was then.

The tricky part for the OT people was that they were prophesying Salvation and events that God did not accomplish on our timetable, yet.

On Gods Timetable all the events were accomplished from the very beginning.

I think prophecy is telling people about the requirements of God and the Salvation of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Just like in the OT.

How were people saved in the OT? Were they just NOT Saved and they had to wait 2-3 thousand years? Or was it like Abraham where he had Faith in God and even if he didn't have 100% perfect understanding of Gods Plan his faith in God was enough.

Abraham even said the words "God will provide His Sacrifice". That's a lot of faith.

Ephesians 2:8-9
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Would this have applied in the OT? Of course. Abraham is a picture of it.

Just some food for thought.
nope

ResidentAlien

Apr 21, 2021
exactly 9 minutes 40 seconds of the song is when she sings about prohesying into every situation. Listen to drums and heart beat man, the king of my heart is Jesus, who will prohesize into every situation for a Christian who seeks through the heart of passion in the believer.

Here is a taste.
Prophecy number 1
Ask the lord it shall be given.
2 knock seek the door will be opened.
3 believe in Jesus ye shall be saved
4 my sheep hear my voice.
5 there is more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who turns from his or her way than 99 righteous people who don't repent.
6 The lord will direct my steps.
7 the lord answers my prayers
8 The lord tends to all my needs
9 the lord is the king of my heart.
10 The lord gives me the words to say.

The lord will open the eyes of the blind.

Now you know my belief is sincere.
Jesus is the prophet of a Christian.
Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.
Jesus lives in the heart of a Christian.
Now put your head phones on and blast this song into your head and heart and sing it to your children
I don't know what video you're watching but the one you posted doesn't say anything you're saying it does.

Inquisitor

Mar 17, 2022
I wouldn't call it seeking a higher gift.
I would call it an essential piece of armour.
I have an abundance of waiting patiently on the lord for an answer on every situation,

The lord has told me not to attack any person personally in a criticising way.

This prophecy I will fullfil so please don't waste your time.
1 Corinthians 12:31
But earnestly desire the greater (higher) gifts. And yet, I am going to show you a far better way.

You can desire the greater gifts.

Ask and you will receive.