Prophecy

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

VW

Banned
Dec 22, 2009
Post #11

Maybe a reluctant approval.

I was shocked to see it.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Rev 19:10 And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.

The spirit of prophecy, it is not simply predicting what will come to be, it is the witness of Jesus Christ, it is praising God, and it is obeying Him in every way. Thank you for the blessings. God bless all in Jesus Christ, amen.

A

AnandaHya

Rev 19:10 And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.

The spirit of prophecy, it is not simply predicting what will come to be, it is the witness of Jesus Christ, it is praising God, and it is obeying Him in every way. Thank you for the blessings. God bless all in Jesus Christ, amen.
Amen Praise Almighty God. Thank you Lord!

H

Hearer

from some of the responses by the would-be prophets it seems Isaiah's words that he is man of unclean lips when he saw the Lord should be heeded.

VW wrote:
What?!@"-/)(

zone

Jun 13, 2010
That is not true about a prophet under the new covenant. We have a very different relationship with the Holy Spirit than in those days. The Spirit could not dwell in the heart as He does now. Then, if a prophet spoke from his heart, he was false, period. Now, because we have the Spirit in our heart, we can speak from the heart and be true. Bit we can misunderstand also, what the Spirit is saying.

This is why we are not called to judge the prophet, only the word given. I did not say that Jonathan is false, just that some of the word is wrong, or false. In that I hold no judgment on him whatsoever, and truly hope that he grows in this very difficult gift.
so, these modern day prophets DO NOT HAVE TO BE RIGHT 100% OF THE TIME.

poll:

IS THIS BOGUS?

yes

no