PTSD sufferer loooking for answers from a new found faith

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

to

Nov 13, 2017
Hi there, my name is Tom and I have PTSD. I'm 36 and have hit rock bottom so hard I bounced twice. I want to believe but have so many questions and yet my illness does not help with any of this. I am far from defeated but really struggling with life and the questions it has given me. My issues are deep routed and are not able to summarise on here. I want my life back but seem trapped in the past. Please pray for me and my soul as I want to be saved I just don't know how. Thanks for readin and I will appreciate any replies massively. Kind regards Tom

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
For your soul to be saved just tell Jesus that you're sorry for your sins and ask for help in guiding your path in life from this day forward. I have hit rock bottom before also and know how depressing that can be. I have said a prayer for you to feel God's presence and love in your life. Glad to have you join us. Welcome to CC.

Z

Zi

He is faithful. Restoration expert. I do pray you find good teaching that will explain past, present and the bright future you can have

U

Ugly

Look into EMDR Therapy. It is the top therapy for trauma and PTSD. You will need to find a counselor or psychologist that has been licensed, but otherwise no special sort of counselor needed.
The basics of it is sleep simulation while awake and focusing on the trauma.
A counselor will walk you through what to do on each step, but you are in control once it begins.
It sounds weird on the surface but I checked it out thoroughly to ensure there was nothing weird spiritually. There's not. Uneven tried it a fee times, but it didn't help my issue (not trauma), or maybe I didn't try it long enough.
High success rate, but of course not guaranteed as all people are different. Check it out.
Also, no medications required.

S

Sweetmorningdew78

I'll pray for you bro To ...

Hello and welcome :) see you around!

God bless you ❤

to

Nov 13, 2017
Thankyou so much for your message and your prayers. it really cheered me up and I haven't had much joy lately so thanks again. I will pray for you too tonight! T x

S

Sweetmorningdew78

Thankyou so much for your message and your prayers. it really cheered me up and I haven't had much joy lately so thanks again. I will pray for you too tonight! T x
Aw you are welcome :) and thank you too :) I need prayers too :) going through something and your prayer will be a big help :)

Happy to hear that, bro. To :) I'll see you around :)

Be blessed ❤

brighthouse98

Apr 16, 2015
Brother Tom, I am all to aware of P.S.T.D. I served 2 tours in Vietnam and the horror at night was as bad as the horror of the day! Night terror kept me from sleeping from two to maybe 4 hours on a good night each and every night,my body was always tired,I got angry so easy,and I could not tolerate people for any length of time.

Sound about right bro?? At age 22 I looked 40,and felt like 80 at times! Then it happened,when I was not even looking for it to happen! I was cut to the bone. I was in a mop closet in college at the time bro,kind of a long story,but will make it real short. I was rooming with a person who was much like Paul the apostle, he read the word 4 to 5 hours a day,prayed another 3,and was always content.Content!!! There is a word!

Anyway he had been praying for me, when I came into the dorm room, there was this energy which filled the room,I started to cry,me cry?? I heard him coming in so I ran to the mop closet which was right across from the dorm room,laid the mop bucket upside down,and cried as if I had lost a son or daughter,so bad was it,i had to put both hands over my mouth so no one would hear!

A great light entered the room Tom and said out loud these very words!! ( Luke 15:31-32) You have been found! Go forth and believe that my love for you can never wax cold, I am He, the first and the last,even the beginning and the end.With that Tom I feel backwards hitting my head on the door,and my roommate was standing over me smiling.LOL I told you I was praying for you brother!

I am ready now Darrel I must have Jesus as you have him.Much happened Tom, had my ups and my valleys of woe,but I sleep like a baby from that moment on,no more night terrors, I sure am thankful to Jesus every single day for what he did for me!

There is a promise Tom,matters not whether you are a believer or as I was not a believer,those who seek will indeed truly find peace! Jesus is our peace, all we have to do is receive him! Like Darrel did me I am doing to you Tom,I can show you the knocking door,but you, and you alone must open it!( Rev 3:19-22!!!)

You decide!! I made my choice, and I could not be more content!! No more fear,and no more worry!! I am now convinced brother!!( rom 8:37-39!!) My prayers and grace are upon you even as you read this. As Jesus himself once told the man who daughter had died."Do not be afraid any longer only believe!!( mark 5:36!!)

The Lord loves us all equal bro, I know,I am the last person which should have ever been considered for his love! You can be to!! Blessing to you Tom!

J

joefizz

Welcome here you can discuss with bible smart people and possibly make new friends,hope you like it here!

Het

Nov 4, 2017
Hello fellow PTSD sufferer. I have found major healing from the hardcore advanced PTSD. I had actually found it necessary to dig deep into the scriptures about dieing to myself, loosing my life, picking up my cross and following Jesus that helped me begin healing. The truth of healing came when I realized that in looking at my life to the full purposes of letting God rule my entire being ,mind,self will and all I found total relief. Recieving Gods healing comes when we relinquish our will to God and ask him to completely take take control and renew our mind. All we need to do is be willing for him to have everything and ask him for his complete will in our entire life. Everything bro. He handles the rest. No psychologist can help.If you are willing to let God completely posses you and have your very will ,mind and total being he will completely change you and heal you. There's so much more I have been given by God about this. My PTSD led me to suicide at 50 years old. I was in a coma for two days and touched death twice the first night. I met Jesus face to face those two days. That's when I discovered I had to let go of everything and let him install his plan into my existance and forget about everything I wanted. He also taught me to learn to face myself AND my own sin. Admiting what our sin has turned us into is hard especially if we have abused people we love, but I guarantee you its totally worth it to say ok Lord you can have everything and spend as much time as possible meditating on his spirit and his word daily. God can talk if you are willing to hear his will for your daily life instead of your own. What are you willing to loose in order to gain a life He has for you. If the answer is everything than you are ready for the next level of healing, life and a new purpose. It can be a difficult journey losing yourself, but its totally worth it. There is a price for taking up your cross and following Him, but the reward starts in this life and lasts for eternity. Again ,what are you willing to loose in order to gain everything God wants for you including complete healing.?Jesus rocks.

Het

Nov 4, 2017
Hello fellow PTSD sufferer. I have found major healing from the hardcore advanced PTSD. I had actually found it necessary to dig deep into the scriptures about dieing to myself, loosing my life, picking up my cross and following Jesus that helped me begin healing. The truth of healing came when I realized that in looking at my life to the full purposes of letting God rule my entire being ,mind,self will and all I found total relief. Recieving Gods healing comes when we relinquish our will to God and ask him to completely take take control and renew our mind. All we need to do is be willing for him to have everything and ask him for his complete will in our entire life. Everything bro. He handles the rest. No psychologist can help.If you are willing to let God completely posses you and have your very will ,mind and total being he will completely change you and heal you. There's so much more I have been given by God about this. My PTSD led me to suicide at 50 years old. I was in a coma for two days and touched death twice the first night. I met Jesus face to face those two days. That's when I discovered I had to let go of everything and let him install his plan into my existance and forget about everything I wanted. He also taught me to learn to face myself AND my own sin. Admiting what our sin has turned us into is hard especially if we have abused people we love, but I guarantee you its totally worth it to say ok Lord you can have everything and spend as much time as possible meditating on his spirit and his word daily. God can talk if you are willing to hear his will for your daily life instead of your own. What are you willing to loose in order to gain a life He has for you. If the answer is everything than you are ready for the next level of healing, life and a new purpose. It can be a difficult journey losing yourself, but its totally worth it. There is a price for taking up your cross and following Him, but the reward starts in this life and lasts for eternity. Again ,what are you willing to loose in order to gain everything God wants for you including complete healing.?Jesus rocks.

to

Nov 13, 2017
Amen to all you said!

Thankyou that was wonderful and I'm very grateful for your story , kind words and interest in helping me. I will try and find a mentor type person when I find a church and give it a go....I know I have tried almost everything else!

But I wish I had your confidence about me being saved and getting my PTSD behind me. I just feel trapped at a point in time and cant seem to get over those events. Maybe deep down I don't want to let it go but life is flying by and I'm existing not living if that makes sense.

Id love to chat anytime.

Kind regards

Tom

to

Nov 13, 2017
Thankyou for a lovely message and sharing your story with me.. I'm sorry you also have PTSD and will say a prayer for you. I'm pleased you manage to find help through your faith. I hope I can find my own peace through faith...nice to meet stay in touch Tom

to

Nov 13, 2017
sorry this message was for Het!!

blessedby1

Aug 15, 2017
[Tom have you put your trust and faith on what Jesus did on the Cross? Because regardless what difficulties you are going through now, ultimately you and I are sinners and are separated from God and His Son Jesus. The only way to fix that is by admitting you are a sinner; believing that Jesus died on the cross for your sins and confessing that Jesus is your Lord and Savior
Then we can call upon God; He will hear us and will help us. Psalm 61 says it clearly for us who are In Christ:
Hear my cry, O God;
Attend to my prayer.
From the end of the earth I will cry to You,
When my heart is overwhelmed;
Lead me to the rock that is higher than I.
For You have been a shelter for me,
A strong tower from the enemy.
I will abide in Your tabernacle forever;
I will trust in the shelter of Your wings.

Then Tom as we learn to trust God and His Son, we come to believe and trust in His Word. When I focus on my hurt; when I focus on my pain; when I focus on those things that bring me down- those things only become intensified in my life. Normally it would seem that it is right to focus on our troubles. God says the opposite- don’t do that... ‘casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ, and being ready to punish all disobedience when your obedience is fulfilled. 2 Corinthians 10:5
But then Tom when we give our ungodly thoughts to the Lord we replace those with….’whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things. Philippians 4:8. Doing these will help get through a day, an hour, and every minute; and will give you a joy and peace that surpasses all understanding.
A very powerful Bible, Jeremiah 29:11-13 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon Me and go and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart. God Bless.

to

Nov 13, 2017
Joefizz I have been getting along with everyone! Not sure what you meant in your last message but theres been no arguments at all! Thankyou for your first welcoming message though!!

Sep 24, 2012
Welcome to Christian Chat, Tom. :)

John 14:6,

6 Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Matthew 11:28-30,

28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

Daylilies

Apr 11, 2017
Hi Tom,
Welcome to Christian Chat! As I was reading your postings, I was reminded of one of the devotions that I was reading earlier in the week. The devotion focused on the comfort that comes from God and included two different verses:

2 Thessalonians 3:16 "Now may the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times and in every way. The Lord be with all of you."

2 Corinthians 1:3-4 "Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have receive from God."

I'm praying that you will feel God's comfort and that He will put the right people in your life to provide you with comfort and help with your PTSD.

Wishing you all the best! - Daylilies