Puerto Rico

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
It seems teh President, Donald Trum, does not realize he is teh President of Puerto Ric o as long as it remains a protectorate of teh United States.

Would BEMA be pulled out of Houston simply by reason of a political flap with its mayor just because the mayor made the decision not to evacuate previous to the arrival of Irma?

It seems Puerto Rico is just fine as long as things are going well, but in bad weather no oneis extending a hand.

We citizens of the USA are responsible for Puerto Rico just as we are responsible for Houston.

This man is said to be very Christian........is this showing love? Is this demonstrating it? God bless Puerto Rico and the wonderful people of that beautiful place.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Donald Trump is a Christian??????????

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
His followers say he is........ I do not think a man who talks about women the way he has in the past, and who is causing so much international strife could ever be called someone in Christ, but some theologies apparantly do. God knows for certain, and you it seems...God bless you my love.

Donald Trump is a Christian??????????

N

NoNameMcgee

at this point i think anyone who makes it that high up

is being directly influenced... in a way people wouldnt approve of

i like the post about helping puerto rico

but i wouldnt specifically mud fling at donald

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
I have a dislike for all politicians. Trump is no exception when I point out the injustice being planned against an entire nation under his presidency, and do not forget, Puerto Rico is the responsibility of all Puierto Ricans and all US citizens. They are not a protectorate of the US to be abused.........

It is good that you have seen the ways of politicians. Never be fooled by them. Jesus Christ has nothing to do with Caesar or with Herod.....but you knew that.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
It is not a "mud sling" to point out a grave injustice. Please.

Feb 7, 2015
What are you guys going on about? I have not heard one word that we have left PR on their own.

Do you have something you can post about this "desertion" of them? Is saying they need to stand up and do some of the work, themselves, the wrong way to see things?

N

NoNameMcgee

What are you guys going on about? I have not heard one word that we have left PR on their own.

Do you have something you can post about this desertion of them? Is saying they need to stand up and do some of the work, themselves, the wrong way to see things.
hm?

i just thought helping puerto rico sounded nice:eek:

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
My observance of what is happening everywhere, as well as I am given to observe, had kept me out of politics.
My post is on the injustice bein g perpetrated against a noble people.

There are Puerto Ricans working all over the US. I have always known Puerto Ricans, well, since my school days, and that goes back almost 70 years. They are an asset t our country and econlmy in the US. If the country is having financial difficulties under teh tutilege of the US government, I would say teh US government has a little bit of responsibility there or more.

I do not want this to be a plitical issue. Donald Trum is also ahuman being, and in his position he has called for a grave injustice.

It seems everything can be turned into a political issue. I called for prayers for Syria long ago, just about 2000. Now when I mention it it is considered political becays in teh interim period the belicose activiteis arised...... It ahd nothing to do with politics on my part. I asked for prayers for Damascus and Syria because I realized there is little time left of this age, and there is yet to be fulfilled the prophecy of Damascaus being devasted and never gain to be populate, therfore, because we love all people I sakdd for prayer for all Syrians........It is good to pray for all people. Not for what they all do but for their souls. God bless you.

Feb 7, 2015
Is it right to say. basically. "I have lived in a run-down, wooden shack for decades, and now that it has finally been blown away, YOU have to come build me a new brick home (with a big screen TV, of course,)........ and, by the way, I'll be down at the local pool hall if you need any decisions on colors, or anything." ?

Last edited:
N

NoNameMcgee

Is it right to say. basically. "I have lived in a run-down, wooden shack for decades, and now that it has finally been blown away, YOU have to come build me a new brick home (with a big screen TV, of course,)........ and, by the way, I'll be down at the pool hall if you need any decisions on colors, or anything." ?
i wouldnt think so

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Trump is threatening to pull out FEMA.......from a US Protectorate. Ust the tought of doing such a thing is an infamy, unworthy of the people of the USA.......or of any country for that matter.

Feb 7, 2015
You're a smart lad. Spend a few minutes checking just how much help we have sitting on that island right this minute. It totals in the hundreds, if not, thousands, of people and in the millions of dollars.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Those are the words of the Book, and wisely applied by you. Always hear Jesus first, not others, not me, not anyone, Jesus is our teacher........Buenas Noches desde España. Siempre quedarte en Jesus, nuestro Salvador y Rey, amen.

N

NoNameMcgee

Those are the words of the Book, and wisely applied by you. Always hear Jesus first, not others, not me, not anyone, Jesus is our teacher........Buenas Noches desde España. Siempre quedarte en Jesus, nuestro Salvador y Rey, amen.
i deleted it... sorry brother

im bowin out

to be honest

im not very aware of politics

and even if i looked up the numbers

im not sure id believe em

skeptical of most what i read on the internet

i do believe Christians should help those who ask

as the bible says

but i do not know enough on the matter to say who should do more or less

(the verse Matthew 5:42

“Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away.” )

Feb 7, 2015
Trump is threatening to pull out FEMA.......from a US Protectorate. Ust the tought of doing such a thing is an infamy, unworthy of the people of the USA.......or of any country for that matter.
What do you think FEMA is? It is "Emergency Management". The Emergency is past. Now it is a long-term, ongoing re-construction project. And the people who do those kinds of things have already been sent there.... and are working today.

Feb 5, 2017
He wants their plastic boxes so he can build a wall.

What do you think FEMA is? It is "Emergency Management". The Emergency is past. Now it is a long-term, ongoing re-construction project. And the people who do those kinds of things have already been sent there.... and are working today.

Aug 2, 2009
It seems teh President, Donald Trum, does not realize he is teh President of Puerto Ric o as long as it remains a protectorate of teh United States.

Would BEMA be pulled out of Houston simply by reason of a political flap with its mayor just because the mayor made the decision not to evacuate previous to the arrival of Irma?

It seems Puerto Rico is just fine as long as things are going well, but in bad weather no oneis extending a hand.

We citizens of the USA are responsible for Puerto Rico just as we are responsible for Houston.

This man is said to be very Christian........is this showing love? Is this demonstrating it? God bless Puerto Rico and the wonderful people of that beautiful place.
Puerto Rico, because it is a US territory and not a state, does not pay taxes to the US government. They are also not represented in Congress and cannot vote in elections (except for primaries). They have their own government system and tax system.

They are actually kind of lucky that FEMA (paid for by US tax dollars) was even there. Puerto Rico has its own tax system.

Last edited: