Good point. The Carnal is easier to advertise and the expectations more understood, than to display life and have it be understood.
Let the dead Marry the dead?
There's more to this story... she probably had some other issue ... or she just likes youJulianna, that may be so (regarding my earlier post) but I clearly invited my friend to the party well in advance, she said she couldn't come and I thought nothing more of it. I don't see the logic in sending out an invitation to someone, when both they and I know they can't attend that day/time.
Julianna, that may be so (regarding my earlier post) but I clearly invited my friend to the party well in advance, she said she couldn't come and I thought nothing more of it. I don't see the logic in sending out an invitation to someone, when both they and I know they can't attend that day/time.
Have you guys ever heard of the crown of all male/female etiquette rules where males are expected to stand up upon a female entering the room? Sounds a bit far-fetched if you ask me. There are some who practice it and others who wish to bring it back full-force.
To me, too much is made of the emotional differences between the sexes.
"Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus" is balderdash.
It depends on the person.
I've known plenty of women who were more analytical than me, and plenty of men who were more emotional.
I've known white people shorter than me, but that doesn't counteract the fact that the vast majority are taller for hereditary reasons. The same is true of men and women. Yes, they are individuals, and yes, they vary; but as far as distribution goes there are clear physiological, psychological and moral differences between the sexes. Practically everyone, ever, has and still does believe it. The only counters to it are liberal creationism (evolution is skin deep)Ha,ha! or plain bad science that confuses anecdotes and individuals with evidence and categories.
Men are not called upon to be mothers. Or women to become pastors. There are things that are appropriate to men, and not to women as well as the reverse. These differences are moral differences, because their roles and abilities differ.Talk about faulty science?
Really, moral differences between the sexes?
I said the emotional differences are over hyped. - (To further divide)
No one in their right mind believes there are moral differences either. As in one sex is morally superior to the other.
Be more careful in your use of terms. - Words mean things.
I know exactly what those words mean. Unfortunately you are incapable of even dealing with the possibility that something could fall outside of that Enlightenment box, and I no longer have interest who dismisses contrary opinions as 'insane'. That sort of 'argument' isn't fit for nursery.
[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pf7QY-8hJoE[/video]
I'll keep my thoughts to myself for now BUT... I'm curious as to what other people think.
Julianna, that may be so (regarding my earlier post) but I clearly invited my friend to the party well in advance, she said she couldn't come and I thought nothing more of it. I don't see the logic in sending out an invitation to someone, when both they and I know they can't attend that day/time.