Question about Jesus' Lordship

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

PS

Jan 11, 2013
Your post is with truth, yet it is also true that God is the Father and Christ is the Son, it is not that Christ is the father and God the son.
God became flesh and dwelt among us (John 1:14) The flesh is what separates the Father from the Son here on earth. Jesus is Immanuel. (Isaiah 7:14, Isaiah 9:6-7, John 1:1-5, Philippians 2:5-11.) Jesus is literally God with us in the flesh. :)

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Is Jesus' Lordship something that is shared with God the Father and the Holy Spirit?
Very definitely.

REVELATION 1
1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ [THE SON] , which God [THE FATHER] gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:..

4 John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come [THE FATHER]; and from the seven Spirits [THE HOLY SPIRIT] which are before his throne ; 5 And from Jesus Christ [THE SON], who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth ...

8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty. [THE FATHER]...

10 I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet, 11 Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last:[THE SON] and, What thou seest, write in a book..

13And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man [THE SON] clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle...

17 And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:[THE SON]
18 I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen [THE SON]; and have the keys of hell and of death.

God the Father is always called "the Lord God Almighty", but both the Father and the Son are called "the Alpha and the Omega", "the beginning and the ending", "the first and the last". This is all a part of the Mystery of God.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Isaiah 9:6

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
17 And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:[THE SON]
18 I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen [THE SON]; and have the keys of hell and of death.

:)

GHClarkII

Mar 20, 2019
Allow me to rectify a few salient errors.

First, the new hire takes on a new appearance, is given a new name and new identity. (Like Jesus) When he refers to the owner in the third person he is speaking about himself. (True) Jesus did not lying to us. (No he did not) He tells us about the Father and perfectly reveals Him to us. And yet they speak to each other as separate persons, different and distinct from one another. (The same as the apprentice) The Father crushes the Son on the cross, thereby crushing only the sinful flesh (Correct).
This analogy fails on so many levels, but I'll point one. At no point does the new hire have a conversation with the boss. They are the same person so they cannot talk to each other. Not so with the father and son. You are a modalism sir, and that is heresy. Repent.

PS

Jan 11, 2013
This analogy fails on so many levels, but I'll point one. At no point does the new hire have a conversation with the boss. They are the same person so they cannot talk to each other. Not so with the father and son. You are a modalism sir, and that is heresy. Repent.
Did you know the Queen of England is the Duke of Lancaster? (Just one example)

GHClarkII

Mar 20, 2019
Did you know the Queen of England is the Duke of Lancaster? (Just one example)
Again you completely missed the point. It's the same person in two different titles or roles. That is NOT how God is. That sinle person could not have a conversation with themselves like the father and son do. You are a modalist.

GHClarkII

Mar 20, 2019
Not 2 persons, two natures. Jesus is both fully God and fully man. One person, the Son of God Jesus Christ, two distinct natures, Divine and human. You are really very far off the mark here buddy.

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
Not 2 persons, two natures. Jesus is both fully God and fully man. One person, the Son of God Jesus Christ, two distinct natures, Divine and human. You are really very far off the mark here buddy.
If we put Christ above God the Father, saying we must obey Christ but not the Father, we are in error. As in Phil. 2:11 we are to acknowledge Christ to the glory of God the Father.

Phil 2:5 In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus:
6 Who, being in very nature[a] God,
did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage;
7 rather, he made himself nothing
by taking the very nature[b] of a servant,
being made in human likeness.
8 And being found in appearance as a man,
he humbled himself
by becoming obedient to death—
even death on a cross!
9 Therefore God exalted him to the highest place
and gave him the name that is above every name,
10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,
in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
11 and every tongue acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord,
to the glory of God the Father.

GHClarkII

Mar 20, 2019
If we put Christ above God the Father, saying we must obey Christ but not the Father, we are in error. As in Phil. 2:11 we are to acknowledge Christ to the glory of God the Father.

Phil 2:5 In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus:
6 Who, being in very nature[a] God,
did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage;
7 rather, he made himself nothing
by taking the very nature[b] of a servant,
being made in human likeness.
8 And being found in appearance as a man,
he humbled himself
by becoming obedient to death—
even death on a cross!
9 Therefore God exalted him to the highest place
and gave him the name that is above every name,
10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,
in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
11 and every tongue acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord,
to the glory of God the Father.
Agreed. No one said anything about putting Christ above the Father. Is there anyone here that understands the Trinity?

PS

Jan 11, 2013
To begin, you have modalism wrong.

"Modalism is probably the most common theological error concerning the nature of God. It is a denial of the Trinity. Modalism states that God is a single person who, throughout biblical history, has revealed Himself in three modes or forms. Thus, God is a single person who first manifested himself in the mode of the Father in Old Testament times. At the incarnation, the mode was the Son; and after Jesus' ascension, the mode is the Holy Spirit. These modes are consecutive and never simultaneous. In other words, this view states that the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit never all exist at the same time--only one after another. Modalism denies the distinctiveness of the three persons in the Trinity even though it retains the divinity of Christ." https://carm.org/modalism
Second, we worship ONE Omnipotent, Omnipresent, Omniscient invisible God of both the Old and New Testaments who as you correctly say is both fully God and fully man for whom everything is possible. Later, God, the CEO in the illustration, humbled himself and became like one of us according to prophecy as taught in scripture that tells us He is “God with us."

mystic7

Jul 27, 2013
Is Jesus' Lordship something that is shared with God the Father and the Holy Spirit?
I have always address Him as Lord and see Him as Lord and God the Father as Lord on the bases on this scripture: Psalms 110:1 <<A Psalm of David. >> The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.

I even acknowledge the Holy Spirit as Lord

This is a classic scripture for all Three were involved here. David through the eyes of the Holy Spirit saw the Lord (father) speak onto his Lord (Jesus)

GHClarkII

Mar 20, 2019
To begin, you have modalism wrong.

Second, we worship ONE Omnipotent, Omnipresent, Omniscient invisible God of both the Old and New Testaments who as you correctly say is both fully God and fully man for whom everything is possible. Later, God, the CEO in the illustration, humbled himself and became like one of us according to prophecy as taught in scripture that tells us He is “God with us."
What you have just said is modalism. The id that there is one person who is God that manifests Himself as 3 separate persons, or roles. That is textbook modalism and you are a modalist sir.

L

Locoponydirtman

The question is really a question of trinitarian doctrine.
There is one God who eternally exists as three distinct Persons; the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
God is one in essence and three in person.
the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are distinct Persons, each Person is fully God, there is only one God.