Why exactly do I live my own life then? If God wants things his way, why doesn't he just possess me and control me 24/7?
if it was His will for you to be inanimate, it would be so.
therefore it is His way, that you should be sentient.
people think of Him as if He were human, and judge Him by the human ways that they think He should act - but His ways are not our ways, and He is not a man, concerned with short term goals and physical rewards. He is God, and the whole of time and space cannot contain Him. billions of years and trillions of stars are a small thing for Him, yet your own heart, He has given personal attention to!
why?
it is a mystery, and it is His love. but given God, and man, why should man be able to comprehend God? and nothing is known unless He reveals it to us. it's even written, that we cannot fully know -
He has made everything appropriate in its time. He has also set eternity in their heart, yet so that man will not find out the work which God has done from the beginning even to the end.so here we are, wholly dependent on Him, with so many of us thinking behind the veil that we are independent and He is 'optional' . . . . !
(Ecclesiastes 3:11)
He isn't understood by supposing He is you, and then asking 'what would i do if i were god?'
He is understood through humility - that is what He says, and He says it in order to communicate it to us:
For thus saith the high and lofty One that inhabiteth eternity, whose name is Holy; I dwell in the high and holy place, with him also that is of a contrite and humble spirit, to revive the spirit of the humble, and to revive the heart of the contrite ones.
(Isaiah 57:15)
If his love is so extraordinary how come he never talks to me?
this life is all less confusing to me when i stop thinking of God as if He is a human, doing things in human ways, using human methods, satisfying human expectations. & maybe even more importantly, when i stop placing human expectations on Him, and eradicate all human judgement of Him in myself -- instead of approaching Him with a presumption of how He should react to me, my questions, my 'demands' and requests, approaching as though i am nothing, deserving of nothing, knowing nothing, having nothing -- and with the thought in my heart that i am utterly, completely dependent and needful of Him, for everything, even my own comprehension
i kinda think my whole existence has been Him speaking.
why should He use human speech? a lot of people say things to me, that go in one ear and out the other, and i don't comprehend them, and later i don't remember them. there are more effective ways of communicating, and some of them take a long time before they've been completely "spoken" -- maybe even longer before it sinks in to my mind and i get it.
this life is all less confusing to me when i stop thinking of God as if He is a human, doing things in human ways, using human methods, satisfying human expectations. & maybe even more importantly, when i stop placing human expectations on Him, and eradicate all human judgement of Him in myself -- instead of approaching Him with a presumption of how He should react to me, my questions, my 'demands' and requests, approaching as though i am nothing, deserving of nothing, knowing nothing, having nothing -- and with the thought in my heart that i am utterly, completely dependent and needful of Him, for everything, even my own comprehension
see, i figure,
when i sit down with God to hash things out, i don't bring anything whatsoever to the table.
it's His table.
it's His room, His house, His everything -- even me, i'm His, to do as He will
seems like this is a more productive approach, because it praises Him, and humbles me
((not saying i have any of this figured out -- just that i found some pennies in parking lots recently, so i figure i'll throw my 2 cents in))
His challenge is "learn of me"
If I decided to stop following Jesus would he throw me in hell when I die?
If you stop following God, you will chose hell on earth and would have already spiritually died.
However, Jesus can raise people from the dead.
God seeks people to worship Him in spirit and truth, not because of fear but love.
If you stop following Jesus will you be thrown in hell?
Yes.
Does your following Jesus get you into heaven?
No.
Only faith in Jesus sacrifice on the cross and being born again of His Holy Spirit can do that.
So the question is: have you been born again?
Does the Holy Spirit empower you or you striving to follow by your own efforts?
God can heal and do miracles but not our will but His should be done. He does it for a purpose. He is into saving immortal souls, not performing parlor tricks to amuse the spoiled children of this world.
I want to do positive things in this world. I want to help people and make them happy. And I even want to be a part of the body of Christ and make a website/app that has something to do with God. Problem is God doesn't want anything to do with me!
How about I go over to your house and shave your eyebrows off. Let's see how you feel over a year of them not growing back! I get that you have to have patience but seriously this isn't some regular spoiled kid complaint.
How should I go about learning of him? I read the bible but everything just slips out of my mind. I don't study it correctly I guess.
see, i figure,
when i sit down with God to hash things out, i don't bring anything whatsoever to the table.
it's His table.
it's His room, His house, His everything -- even me, i'm His, to do as He will
seems like this is a more productive approach, because it praises Him, and humbles me
((not saying i have any of this figured out -- just that i found some pennies in parking lots recently, so i figure i'll throw my 2 cents in))
okay I lied I do care about him
I just realized I need to act like God is standing right next to me wherever I am. Its pretty soothing to think about.
You are far too sensitive. Ariel wasn't calling you a spoiled child. Though many of God's children ARE spoiled.. Coming back with an insult to her isn't going to help you whatsoever..