Question about Scriptural Interpretation

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
in other words, peter does what peter wants, and we have no right to question anything.

that is called being led by your emotions , and not looking at things with honesty and objectivity .

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
As a believer should we listen to Jesus or not?

My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me.
I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand.
John 10:27-28

Interpretation. We listen to Jesus and have a bond with Him that is unbreakable.
A believer comes and says, but this means I have eternal life and will never perish.

So I ask do you put into action the sermon on the mount? No, that was written to Jews
Do you love your brothers and sisters in Christ like Jesus? No, that was before the cross.

How can one be a sheep who dismisses Jesus's words?
And if one does not listen to Jesus, and are not His sheep, then there is no eternal life
or promises.

Now these believers will say satan is accusing them of not being the Lords sheep so it
must be a lie, not oh no, I need to connect with Jesus and walk in His ways.

Now this is a typical problem of interpreting scripture, one gospel, and I am right even though
the words do not agree. The heart needs to be right before God before the spiritual truths
become a reality within.

So these issues are foundational and not superficial, and the implications on church life
crucial to dealing with sin and rebellion among the believers.

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
You are projecting. You do not have a right to answers to questions or even responses.
I have a right answer as I am led. It is odd because your tenor implies this is wrong somehow.
Even something one should feel bad about :love: I find this all most odd, if not childish.
Everyone should question, explore and discover what God intends with everything.
Who can answer such questions will vary, and who has a better understanding will vary.

And when you ask someone a question about their position, they may or may not
be able to answer or even desire to. This is how we grow as a body of believers.

Others will project ill will, and some strange intent which is not there.
We discover more by interaction and open sharing, which we should encourage in each other.
Some believe the very act of sharing is wrong in someway and avoid understanding and
empathising with others and their views. But this is how we love, both the body and our
enemies, who may well become our friends.

It is also why I love forums, because we have such a diverse group of experiences on tap
God bless you all.

E

eternally-gratefull

You are projecting. You do not have a right to answers to questions or even responses.
I have a right answer as I am led. It is odd because your tenor implies this is wrong somehow.
Even something one should feel bad about :love: I find this all most odd, if not childish.
I am projecting?

I asked you if all the things you said come to a person who is saved came because they were saved, or things done so they could maintain salvation.

And you refused to answer

Many people have asked you point blank, Are you petere jens or not You have refused to answer

I am not projecting, i am stating facts.

Your the one ignoring the facts and trying to project your reality into the reality the rest of us live in.

E

eternally-gratefull

in other words, peter does what peter wants, and we have no right to question anything.

that is called being led by your emotions , and not looking at things with honesty and objectivity .

That was another of peters known tendancies. We had no right to question him or his refusal to answer our questions, because he gets to say wheat we mean,,

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
I know people and have been to nazarine churches, and the ones I know do not promote what you promote.
To say this is just an opinion is being polite.
To have meaning you need to say what you disagree with in the nazarine theology or you are not
writing the truth. It is why we have statements of faith. They would hold to the whole of scripture
and leave nothing out, so just in this you are different. :)
This behaviour is typical of a superficial understanding of theological issues without knowing the
differences.

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
I am projecting?
I asked you if all the things you said come to a person who is saved came because they were saved, or things done so they could maintain salvation.
And you refused to answer
Many people have asked you point blank, Are you petere jens or not You have refused to answer
I am not projecting, i am stating facts.

Your the one ignoring the facts and trying to project your reality into the reality the rest of us live in.
These are not questions with meaning.
If you understood meaning you would want to discuss article 8 of the confession of faith.
And if you cared about belief, your projections as to other people would also not be relevant.

But you cannot face the truth, because you fail at these points.

Nazarene Church statement of faith point 8

8. We believe [that repentance, which is a sincere and thorough change of the mind in regard to sin, involving a sense of personal guilt and a voluntary turning away from sin, is demanded of all who have by act or purpose become sinners against God.] [T]the Spirit of God gives to all who will repent the gracious help of penitence of heart and hope of mercy, that they may believe unto pardon and spiritual life. Repentance, which is a sincere and thorough change of the mind in regard to sin, involving a sense of personal guilt and a voluntary turning away from sin, is demanded of all who have by act or purpose become sinners against God.

We believe that all persons may fall from grace and apostatize and, unless they repent of their sins, be hopelessly and eternally lost. We believe that regenerate persons need not return to sin but may live in unbroken fellowship with God through the power of the indwelling Holy Spirit who bears witness with our spirits that we are children of God.
(2 Chronicles 7:14; Psalms 32:5-6; 51:1-17; Isaiah 55:6-7; Jeremiah 3:12-14; Ezekiel 18:30-32; 33:14-16; Mark 1:14-15; Luke 3:1-14; 13:1-5; 18:9-14; Acts 2:38; 3:19; 5:31; 17:30-31; 26:16-18; Romans 2:4; 2 Corinthians 7:8-11; 1 Thessalonians 1:9; 2 Peter 3:9)

And this is where I say, unless you can engage properly it is just this pointless accusations.

I have found people will literally lie and deny words they have written because it exposes they
are simply wrong. But that is why this is a spiritual issue and not a logical one.

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
On this subject, certain individuals will not face theological debate or discussion, so there
is nothing left to say.

They do desire confrontation constantly, which is amusing and pointless, as it always ends
in the same place, with them losing and me just stating the obvious facts.

E

eternally-gratefull

These are not questions with meaning.
So who gets to decide if they have meaning?

Does not a question have meaning if one person calls the other person a liar. And the person who was called a liar has the right to prove to the person who is calling the other person names out to prove his point?

Sorry peter. Thats your main flaw. When people confront you this is how you act. You act as if they question has no relevance while yours does.

If you understood meaning you would want to discuss article 8 of the confession of faith.
And if you cared about belief, your projections as to other people would also not be relevant.

But you cannot face the truth, because you fail at these points.

Nazarene Church statement of faith point 8

8. We believe [that repentance, which is a sincere and thorough change of the mind in regard to sin, involving a sense of personal guilt and a voluntary turning away from sin, is demanded of all who have by act or purpose become sinners against God.] [T]the Spirit of God gives to all who will repent the gracious help of penitence of heart and hope of mercy, that they may believe unto pardon and spiritual life. Repentance, which is a sincere and thorough change of the mind in regard to sin, involving a sense of personal guilt and a voluntary turning away from sin, is demanded of all who have by act or purpose become sinners against God.

We believe that all persons may fall from grace and apostatize and, unless they repent of their sins, be hopelessly and eternally lost. We believe that regenerate persons need not return to sin but may live in unbroken fellowship with God through the power of the indwelling Holy Spirit who bears witness with our spirits that we are children of God.
(2 Chronicles 7:14; Psalms 32:5-6; 51:1-17; Isaiah 55:6-7; Jeremiah 3:12-14; Ezekiel 18:30-32; 33:14-16; Mark 1:14-15; Luke 3:1-14; 13:1-5; 18:9-14; Acts 2:38; 3:19; 5:31; 17:30-31; 26:16-18; Romans 2:4; 2 Corinthians 7:8-11; 1 Thessalonians 1:9; 2 Peter 3:9)

And this is where I say, unless you can engage properly it is just this pointless accusations.

I have found people will literally lie and deny words they have written because it exposes they
are simply wrong. But that is why this is a spiritual issue and not a logical one.

I want to know what YOU BELIEVE peter. Words out of your mouth, Not what some article of some church teaches.

My church has an article of faith and if you read and assumed everything it says I am in agreement with you would be wrong.

Thats the problem. You have no desire to find out what individuals believe, you want to put them all under some grouping and declaire they all believe the same things.

News flash peter. Not everyone who believes that we are saved by grace and not of ourselves, it is a gift. Believes the same thing.

Yet you want to put us all under the same made up group that all believes it is ok to sin, ok to live however we please. And we all want nothing to do with obedience to god.

So what do you do since you make this mistake of assuming based on your preconcieved notions/?

You slander many, You lie about them, You say things which are not true, You think they believe things they do not believe, and when people call you out. You get mad and defend yourself sayign no one has the right to quesiton you.

When will you wake up??

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
So who gets to decide if they have meaning?
Does not a question have meaning if one person calls the other person a liar. And the person who was called a liar has the right to prove to the person who is calling the other person names out to prove his point?
Sorry peter. Thats your main flaw. When people confront you this is how you act. You act as if they question has no relevance while yours does.

I want to know what YOU BELIEVE peter. Words out of your mouth, Not what some article of some church teaches.
My church has an article of faith and if you read and assumed everything it says I am in agreement with you would be wrong.
Thats the problem. You have no desire to find out what individuals believe, you want to put them all under some grouping and declaire they all believe the same things.
News flash peter. Not everyone who believes that we are saved by grace and not of ourselves, it is a gift. Believes the same thing.
Yet you want to put us all under the same made up group that all believes it is ok to sin, ok to live however we please. And we all want nothing to do with obedience to god.
So what do you do since you make this mistake of assuming based on your preconcieved notions/?
You slander many, You lie about them, You say things which are not true, You think they believe things they do not believe, and when people call you out. You get mad and defend yourself sayign no one has the right to quesiton you.

When will you wake up??
Oh the burden, oh the guilt, your shinning light convicts me.
You love big statements, which in a civil court would be called libellous.
Good thing this is an anonymous situation.
And I know what I believe and why I hold the nazarene statement of faith.
But hey, this really does annoy you, I mean really. And you cannot read what I wrote
because it would show you what I mean, lol :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
Nazarene statement of Faith article 8 end

For those who cannot read, this simply says you can lose your salvation and also walk righteously
with Christ.

And I am told I do not believe this and this is not my position or where I am.
Odd that, because I keep on saying this is where I am and nothing else.

But then what is witnessing and sharing when people make up what you say and
then claim you are doing it to them, when you have said nothing about them.

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
I wonder at what point does someone recognise they have a personality disorder
or is this the case it never stops lol :love:

E

eternally-gratefull

Oh the burden, oh the guilt, your shinning light convicts me.
You love big statements, which in a civil court would be called libellous.
Good thing this is an anonymous situation.
And I know what I believe and why I hold the nazarene statement of faith.
But hey, this really does annoy you, I mean really. And you cannot read what I wrote
because it would show you what I mean, lol :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:
Yep its all about you peter

I am sure I have puffed up your ego today. And your welcome.

E

eternally-gratefull

Look in the mirror and ask yourself this question.

Then look in the bible and show us all how this is acting like Jesus?

E

eternally-gratefull

Nazarene statement of Faith article 8 end

For those who cannot read, this simply says you can lose your salvation and also walk righteously
with Christ.

And I am told I do not believe this and this is not my position or where I am.
Odd that, because I keep on saying this is where I am and nothing else.

But then what is witnessing and sharing when people make up what you say and
then claim you are doing it to them, when you have said nothing about them.
Oh and by the way, I know what you believe Peter. I do not need to read the nazarine text because i have been listening to you for well over a year now,. Unlike you I do not need to read some text to find out what someone believes, I can go right to that person and ask them. And know

Either way, you have always been consistent with everything you say and do. For this reason everyone here knows what you believe, For that I will applaud you.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
:(

Another thread devolved into bickering and personal insults.

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
I want to know what YOU BELIEVE. Words out of your mouth, Not what some article of some church teaches.
Oh and by the way, I know what you believe.
As I thought, no cure here :cry:

Is it wrong to call this entertainment, a show, a mystery, an example what not to do,
maybe even a song ......... I suppose being a parent one would say, children and this is
why I ask you to listen and play nicely or you end up like this ........

E

eternally-gratefull

As I thought, no cure here :cry:

Is it wrong to call this entertainment, a show, a mystery, an example what not to do,
maybe even a song ......... I suppose being a parent one would say, children and this is
why I ask you to listen and play nicely or you end up like this ........
Dude, My first response was a general response about people

As usual you twist. It

Consider yourself on report. You would think you would have learned about doin gthis type of crap the first time you have gotten banned. As usual. People who are stuck in their own problems can never learn.

Good day sir..