Question about tribulation

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
L

Laodicea

the hebrew literally says confirm covenant many. confirm is masculin active sequential. so it is translated he shall confirm, or establish. Covenant is a singular noun. Many is a noun plural.. meaning great or many

A or the is not there. but could be translated either way, depending on language (remoember KJV uses Old Englsih. which would have said the instead of A.)

We can not from this passage know which covenant this is. It does not say,
I do not know Hebrew so I will have to take your word for that, that is why I link the covenant mentioned in verse 27 with the covenant mentioned in verse 4

May 18, 2011
the hebrew literally says confirm covenant many.
EG, it actually says a 'firm covenant with many' not confirm. Shalom

Shilo

Aug 31, 2011
Is it possible to know the year of the tribulation and the month of tribulation?
It is possiable to have an idea because our GOD is a God of patterns.
What has been will be again, what has been done will be done again; there is nothing new under the sun. ecc 1:9

Find the patterns and you will see the signs. If you just happen to miss them then when you see the abomination of desolation spoken of by Daniel then run to the mountains. For then there will be great distress, unequaled from the beginning of the world until now--and never to be equaled again.matt 24:21. Start learning now how to survive outside the city. Then maybe with God's grace and mercy who will be called one of the Blessed who waits for and reaches the end of the 1,335 days daniel 12:12

E

eternally-gratefull

I do not know Hebrew so I will have to take your word for that, that is why I link the covenant mentioned in verse 27 with the covenant mentioned in verse 4
That would be fine if it fit. But the covenant in verse 4 is the mosaic covenant. Which us as gentiles did not even have a part in. It had nothing to do with us. It was according to that covenant that Daniel was where he was because of the sin of his people, and their breaking of that covenant.

That is why the covenant in verse 27 can not be the same covenant.

E

eternally-gratefull

EG, it actually says a 'firm covenant with many' not confirm. Shalom
the word used:

1504 גָּבַר (gā∙ḇǎr): v.; ≡ Str 1396, 1399; TWOT 310a—1. LN 88.206–88.222 (hitp) show oneself arrogant, vaunt oneself, be overbearing, i.e., have attitudes and actions showing hubris and pride (Job 15:25; 36:9+); 2. LN 34.22–34.30 (hif) confirm, i.e., to establish a relationship with a person or group (Da 9:27+); 3. LN 16 (qal) rise, flood, i.e., have a mass swell or rise higher (Ge 7:18, 19, 20, 24+), note: as a non-linear movement of water; 4. LN 21.1–21.5 (qal) overwhelmed, inundated, formally, flooded over, i.e., be in a state of danger, as a figurative extension of being flooded over by a mass of water (Ps 65:4[EB 3]+); 5. LN 78.28–78.39 (qal) be greater, be more, i.e., have a degree greater that is normal, compared to another point on a scale (Ge 49:26; 2Sa 1:23; Job 21:7; Ps 103:11; 117:2+); (piel) be greater, be more, (Ecc 10:10+); 6. LN 76 (qal) be strong, i.e., be in a state of strength and ability (1Ch 5:2+); (piel) strengthen, i.e., make an object mighty and forceful (Zec 10:6, 12+), note: in context, apparently military strength, see also domain LN 74; 7. LN 39.52–39.61 (qal) win over, have a victory over (Ex 17:11; 1Sa 2:9; 2Sa 11:23+); (hif) triumph over, i.e., make a conquest and so a victory over an enemy (Isa 42:13+); 8. LN 33.387–33.403 unit: (hif) לָשֹׁון גָּבַר (lā∙šôn gā∙ḇǎr) slander, formally, be strong of tongue, i.e., speak in attacking ways such as slander and insult (Ps 12:5[EB 4]+)

Swanson, J. (1997). Dictionary of Biblical Languages with Semantic Domains : Hebrew (Old Testament) (electronic ed.). Oak Harbor: Logos Research Systems, Inc.

I see nothing there says says "firm" is a possible translation.

Confirm in this sense means to establish a relationship with someone, Which means it is new. you don't establish something that is already in place.

May 18, 2011
It is possiable to have an idea because our GOD is a God of patterns.
What has been will be again, what has been done will be done again; there is nothing new under the sun. ecc 1:9
Right on the money Shilo, YHVH has a pattern of how HE does things, and one is He has never removed His people from any kind of tribulation, He has always brought them through it. Shalom

May 18, 2011
EG, in the Oxford Eng/Heb Heb/Eng. Dictionary has a different translation for that word. In my Hebrew Bible JPS, doesn't even have the hebrew word you have above. But we are on the same page when it comes to what this verse means. Shalom

N

nath1234

Right on the money Shilo, YHVH has a pattern of how HE does things, and one is He has never removed His people from any kind of tribulation, He has always brought them through it. Shalom
I agree wi this completly that God will bring his people( Israel) through the grate tribulation however before God will do this I am comvinced that God will remove the Church before he does this by the rapture

note the rapture is not the second coming of christ, the seckond coming of christ is the second time he comes for Israel his people

May 18, 2011
I agree wi this completly that God will bring his people( Israel) through the grate tribulation however before God will do this I am comvinced that God will remove the Church before he does this by the rapture

note the rapture is not the second coming of christ, the seckond coming of christ is the second time he comes for Israel his people
Shalom Nath,

According to Scripture, we are all Israel, those who have received Yeshua have been grafted in to the tree of Israel, made part of the seed of Abraham and heirs to the covenant, we are formally known as gentiles but are now a part of the commonwealth of Israel. Ephesians 2:11-13,19, Galatians 3:26-29, John 10:16, Romans 11:11-24.

The word rapture is no where in scripture, and there is not a single verse in the Bible that gives even a hint to Yeshua sneaking us out of here. And no where does it say God removes the church from the tribulation. Shalom

L

Laodicea

Revelation 3:10
(10) Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.