Question for the married members:

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
G

Godsgirl83

I love to make money. Mama loves to spend it. That worked quite well until my health forced me to retire. Now we spend a lot more time together. That took a little adjustment, but it has become a lot of fun making up for all those days we spent on our separate challenges.

Don't get me wrong. We still have our self time. I spend a few hours a day in my "dog house" (shop) working on some type of project, and she spends the same time catching up on her favorite movies or going to Sonic with our son for their daily happy hour soda fix. Of course, they take the dog for her daily ice cream cone.

God has been great to us. We're approaching 60 years together, and I wouldn't trade our life together for anything.
Hubs was working from home for several weeks at the beginning of "safer at home", actually drove me a little bonkers and I was like o_O "is this what it's going to be like when he retires?"
but now that he's back at the office the house feels so empty :( (even though the kids are running around all day) and I'm missing him like crazy

Billyd

May 8, 2014
Hubs was working from home for several weeks at the beginning of "safer at home", actually drove me a little bonkers and I was like o_O "is this what it's going to be like when he retires?"
but now that he's back at the office the house feels so empty :( (even though the kids are running around all day) and I'm missing him like crazy
The most important thing that I can tell you is to remember that although you are both one, you are both individuals. In retirement, it is very important that you spend some time apart each day.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
If you were both one all the time you would be siamese twins joined at the hip. I think in marriage the ties that bind you together need to be a bit elastic. If you are too far apart I suppose it snaps you back together...the reality is...you cannot escape each other. Thats why you married right?

GardenofWeeden

Jul 27, 2018
The Garden of Weeden
A spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down or at least that has been my own personal experience. Your post is worth considerable thought in regards to the little acts of unselfish love in marriage. It was spiritual in its content and profound in the application. It was outstanding.
Thank you

Mar 28, 2016
What are ways you and your spouse show love/respect for one another that are above and beyond the obvious (work/provision/cooking cleaning/bedroom.......)
So for me, an example is that I dread dishes, not my most favorite chore to do. My husband however, hates to come home and see last nights dishes still in the sink, so I try to get them done before he gets home. Also, I try to make myself available when he's working on his hobbies and ask for my company. This is not always something I enjoy (sitting in the garage for hours while he tinkers) However, it makes him happy to have me by his side.
And from him, well it's little things he does for me that are done with thoughtfulness. I'm not a big fan of eating out to much, I LOVE to be in my kitchen, but some days it's the LAST thing I wanna do and he chimes in "Where would YOU like to eat tonight?"

I want to go a little farther on this topic, but it's late here, and I just wanted to get it started for now. I'd love to hear others stories...........................

I would think in your work of being patient. The first work or attribute of "love" (God's long eternal suffering) which works with us and the most difficult work for us. It seems you are doing what is required to show yourself friendly . The fruit of his Spirit working in us is self control . A friend loves (agape) at all times not relying upon others. But relying on the promise spoken of in Hebrews as that which acompanies salvation. The promise that God will not forget the good works we do offer towards his name that works with us strengthening us..

Like all works of the flesh when two or three are gather under the authority of God not seen.

Lying spirits can be worked out with fasting , performing the sharing of ones own substances, along with prayer. the work it seems you are doing.

Husbands should be careful one kind of work might be more necessary but without the wives part working as one neither profit. The ministry is of two or three gathering together under the hearing of faith . Two or three the smallest denomination or sect. Family nation people mankind

We can all aid from the example of Mary and Martha . Johnathon and David, Moses and Aaron, husband and wife etc used to represent the Father and Son and their mutual work of peace that surpasses our human understating the gospel of our salvation, hidden in parables.

Some part are necessary one part is good , "the better part", that of listening to the master's discourse it should work in both.

A person will never get past the age of putting away childish things even if they lived 900 plus years . Pray we might have the desire to workout both .One ministry. What is our lives saying to the world ?

Keep up the mutual work of faith don't let gravity make your selves lame .

Now it came to pass, as they went, that he entered into a certain village: and a certain woman named Martha received him into her house. And she had a sister called Mary, which also sat at Jesus' feet, and heard his word. But Martha was cumbered about much serving, and came to him, and said, Lord, dost thou not care that my sister hath left me to serve alone? bid her therefore that she help me. And Jesus answered and said unto her, Martha, Martha, thou art careful and troubled about many things: But one thing is needful: and Mary hath chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her.38-42

Prycejosh1987

Jul 19, 2020
And from him, well it's little things he does for me that are done with thoughtfulness. I'm not a big fan of eating out to much, I LOVE to be in my kitchen, but some days it's the LAST thing I wanna do and he chimes in "Where would YOU like to eat tonight?"
Sounds nice, noble men like a dime a dozen at church, all people should realise that.