Question

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Justtime

Jul 11, 2020
How can i say I know Jesus died on the Cross for my sins and mean it. When I dont know anything about Jesus or the Bible where do i start.

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
How can i say I know Jesus died on the Cross for my sins and mean it. When I dont know anything about Jesus or the Bible where do i start.
Knowing/believing Jesus died on the cross for your sins is the start.

As a result then through the Bible you get to know Jesus.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Hi Justtime, and welcome to CC. :)

We all started somewhere. God knows your heart, so if you are wanting to believe in and follow Him, He knows already.

The gospel ('good news') is simple: in and of ourselves, we are all sinners. The Bible says clearly that the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal. What God wants of us is that we believe in the One He has sent; that One is Jesus Christ. He died on a Roman cross to pay the penalty of sin for us, and He came back to life (was resurrected) three days later. Believe that, and God come to live in you and begins working out His good purposes in your life.

The Bible tells you all that and much more. You have to start somewhere; many people recommend starting by reading the Gospel according to John. I'd suggest reading Genesis early on as well, because it provides the foundation for everything that happens later.

If you don't have a physical Bible, there are many available online. Two good sources are BibleGateway.org, and the YouVersion app for your smartphone.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015

Matthew 7:7 :)

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015

Isaiah 45:22 + Revelation 3:20 :)

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015

Revelation 22:16-17 :)

Jun 11, 2020
You'll know. When Jesus asked Peter the same question Peter was told in Matthew 16:15-17;

15 "He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?
16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.
17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven."

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Start getting familiar with the bible starting with the book of John. The entirety of all 4 gospels are a detailed account of Jesus. Ask God to help you with your unbelief. Glad to have you onboard with us. Welcome to CC.

Prycejosh1987

Jul 19, 2020
I would say start with the gospel of john. I am not saying that because it is my favourite gospel and because i have the DVD, i am saying it because its about the core spiritual system of beliefs. It gets to the point about who Jesus is, the other gospels refer to Jesus teaching, but John talks about Jesus in nature and spirituality and essence.