Question?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mwestton
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
M

Mwestton

Guest
A lot of other believers talk about how we need to read are Bible in the context to understand it. Now I've got a lot of some desperate prayers by short and brief words in scripture. This is the living word. So my question is can the Lord not talk to us short and brief in scripture too? I think so. Idk if it's me or just the harassment of others throwing it at me " your reading it wrong" . Just some advice would be appreciated.
 
God loves giving wisdom and knowledge to people. And he loves people who want Wisdom and Knowledge. You can see this written in the bible with one of the leaders of Isreal. I think he's name was Soloman. King Soloman.
 
God loves giving wisdom and knowledge to people. And he loves people who want Wisdom and Knowledge. You can see this written in the bible with one of the leaders of Isreal. I think he's name was Soloman. King Soloman.
K. I just need led advice. I find it hard to study how to read all these courses and personal time too. Appreciate ya.,
 
A lot of other believers talk about how we need to read are Bible in the context to understand it. Now I've got a lot of some desperate prayers by short and brief words in scripture. This is the living word. So my question is can the Lord not talk to us short and brief in scripture too? I think so. Idk if it's me or just the harassment of others throwing it at me " your reading it wrong" . Just some advice would be appreciated.
God can certainly speak by any part of His word, whether a passage, verse, phrase, or a single word. His rhema word to us may have nothing to do with the passage He quotes, so in that sense it can be out of context. He can even speak to us outside of His word, but He will not contradict His word.

That all said...

If you want to understand what His written word is saying, you need to consider its context: textual, historical, religious, cultural, and geographical.
 
Which part of the word are you trying to read? As newborn Chrsitian we should read the New testimant. Matthew, Acts. Proverbs is very important one to from Old Testiment. So is Psalms.

The Bible is a collection of books/scrolls. Not really ment to read in any specific order. But it's advised to start with Matthew.
 
A lot of other believers talk about how we need to read are Bible in the context to understand it. Now I've got a lot of some desperate prayers by short and brief words in scripture. This is the living word. So my question is can the Lord not talk to us short and brief in scripture too? I think so. Idk if it's me or just the harassment of others throwing it at me " your reading it wrong" . Just some advice would be appreciated.

The problem isn't within short and brief but error and truth. Short is good if true. Context does matter. You won't know the truth in less it is studied.
 
A lot of other believers talk about how we need to read are Bible in the context to understand it. Now I've got a lot of some desperate prayers by short and brief words in scripture. This is the living word. So my question is can the Lord not talk to us short and brief in scripture too? I think so. Idk if it's me or just the harassment of others throwing it at me " your reading it wrong" . Just some advice would be appreciated.

Well the key thing with context is the questions to ask..

Who is talking to whom?

What is the time and place?

What is the occasion? Eg.. the event

What is the subject?

So for eg.. we have the line of scripture..

'God heareth not sinners'

So it's then easy to read just that verse and think God won't hear a sinner pray.

But .. the person that said this wasn't a believer..

The people he was talking to were Pharisees

It wasn't God being quoted from by this person.

The subject also wasn't to do with belief in God for salvation.
 
A lot of other believers talk about how we need to read are Bible in the context to understand it. Now I've got a lot of some desperate prayers by short and brief words in scripture. This is the living word. So my question is can the Lord not talk to us short and brief in scripture too? I think so. Idk if it's me or just the harassment of others throwing it at me " your reading it wrong" . Just some advice would be appreciated.

Just as an atheist confesses his/her sin and begins growing in faith toward Christlike perfection during sanctification,
so also he/she begins by learning how to be saved per Acts 16:30-31, 2Cor. 4:5 & Col. 2:6 (Accept Jesus as Messiah and Lord)
and gains mature understanding via lifelong learning more of GW, such as the main points of Christian orthodoxy implicit in this statement (which might be called "fine tuning"):
  1. There is a/one all-loving and just Lord or Creator God (Deut. 6:4, John 3:16, 2Thes. 1:6), who is both able (2Tim. 1:12) and willing (1Tim. 2:3-4, Ezek. 33:11) to provide all morally accountable human beings salvation or heaven—a wonderful life full of love, joy and peace forever.
  2. Human beings are selfish or sinful (Rom. 3:23, 2Tim. 3:2-4, Col. 3:5), miserable (Gal. 5:19-21), and hopeless (Eph. 2:12) or hell-bound at the judgment (Matt. 23:33 & 25:46) when they reject God’s salvation (John 3:18, Rom. 2:5-11).
  3. Jesus is God’s Messiah/Christ and incarnate Son, the way that God has chosen (John 3:16, Acts 16:30-31, Phil. 2:9-11) of providing salvation by means of his atoning death on the cross for the payment of the penalty for the sins of humanity (Rom. 3:22-25 & 5:9-11), followed by his resurrection to reign in heaven (1Cor. 15:14-28).
  4. Thus, every person who hears the NT Gospel needs to repent and accept God’s grace or justification in Jesus as Christ/Messiah the Lord or Supreme Commander (Luke 2:11, John 14:6, Acts 16:31), at which moment God’s loving Holy Spirit of Christ indwells/baptizes the believer into the church (Rev. 3:20, Rom. 5:5, 1Cor. 12:13).
  5. Loving Christ Jesus as Lord (Luke 2:11), God the Son (Matt. 16:16) or God in the human dimension (Col. 2:9) means reflecting divine love as empowered by the Holy Spirit, thereby obeying His command to love one another (Matt. 7:21, 22:37-40, John 13:35, Rom. 13:9)—forever (Matt. 10:22, Psa. 113:2), which will eventually achieve spiritual maturity on earth and heaven after Christ returns at God’s resurrection (John 14:6, 17&26, Rom. 8:6-17, Gal. 6:7-9, Eph. 1:13-14, Phil. 3:12-16, Heb. 10:36, 12:1, Jam. 1:2-4).
 
A lot of other believers talk about how we need to read are Bible in the context to understand it. Now I've got a lot of some desperate prayers by short and brief words in scripture. This is the living word. So my question is can the Lord not talk to us short and brief in scripture too? I think so. Idk if it's me or just the harassment of others throwing it at me " your reading it wrong" . Just some advice would be appreciated.

Sad part is men get involved with HIS word, don't listen to any man including me only JESUS and HIS word.

I have asked many times why ONE GOD ONE RULE BOOK the KJV and so many different denominations and twist of HIS rule book.

Men with their opinions.

I will address you to Acts 1 when JESUS told HIS disciples, Acts 1:4 And, being assembled together with them, commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the promise of the Father, which, saith he, ye have heard of me.

They waited and this happened, Acts 2:3-4
3 And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.
4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

Because of all of that, this happened the first message was preached that JESUS promised.

Acts 2:38-41
King James Version
38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.
40 And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.
41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.

Today so many people are being lead astray by men and their opinion, it is sad.

So if you want to understand HIS word, KNOW THE AUTHOR the way HIS DISCIPLES KNEW HIM.

HIS word says what it says and when we die we will be standing in front of HIM as he will be judging us with HIS rule book and no man will be there to help us. It's between JESUS and us alone.

Don't follow men, follow JESUS ALONE.

GOD BLESS YOU in your walk.
 
Sometimes recalling something short can be beneficial. For example, if you find yourself getting annoyed, you can recall "Love beareth all things".
 
A lot of other believers talk about how we need to read are Bible in the context to understand it. Now I've got a lot of some desperate prayers by short and brief words in scripture. This is the living word. So my question is can the Lord not talk to us short and brief in scripture too? I think so. Idk if it's me or just the harassment of others throwing it at me " your reading it wrong" . Just some advice would be appreciated.
Indeed the Lord can speak in brief. His word is mighty and powerful. God never wastes words. I was much troubled by a problem. I prayed a lot. The Lord just said to me, "Resist the devil and he will flee". I did and he did.

Decades ago, a preacher went through the prayers of Paul in the epistles. His point was simple. If Paul prayed for the churches, we could pray the same prayers for ourselves. I did not study the Greek, use hermaneutics or exegisis, I prayed what was written there. I know that God has answered those prayers.

We have the Holy Spirit to teach us. Some imagine that without a degree in Hebrew, Greek and theology, we cannot comprehend God's word. This is foolish. Matthew 11:25 dispels that myth.
 
@Ouch One God One Rule Book.
Jesus said you cannot have two masters, because you will hate one and cleve to the other.
 
A lot of other believers talk about how we need to read are Bible in the context to understand it. Now I've got a lot of some desperate prayers by short and brief words in scripture. This is the living word. So my question is can the Lord not talk to us short and brief in scripture too? I think so. Idk if it's me or just the harassment of others throwing it at me " your reading it wrong" . Just some advice would be appreciated.
Precious friend, we cannot "learn it all" overnight, so to speak, just keep going in
God's Grace, Day-By-Day! Hope this will be helpful [ advice ] on your new "journey With
The Precious Saviour, The Lord Jesus Christ!!:


Seven Basic Bible Facts Every Christian Should Know and Believe

Amen.
 
Which part of the word are you trying to read? As newborn Chrsitian we should read the New testimant. Matthew, Acts. Proverbs is very important one to from Old Testiment. So is Psalms.

The Bible is a collection of books/scrolls. Not really ment to read in any specific order. But it's advised to start with Matthew.
I'm not new. I'm just trying to find a balance of disciplship, my own time with the Lord and now some are saying I need to learn context and all this stuff. I can't do all of this and find a job too. I'm overwhelmed man.
 
I'm not new. I'm just trying to find a balance of disciplship, my own time with the Lord and now some are saying I need to learn context and all this stuff. I can't do all of this and find a job too. I'm overwhelmed man.

I understand, and that is a reason I share what I have learned, so you don't have to work so hard.
Thus, I hope you can relax after searching for a job and not have to search for the Scripture I shared in #8,
which is intended to be essentially or at least sufficiently all of the context you need in order to understand
God's requirement for salvation. The rest is icing on the cake (secondary doctrines on the foundational Gospel).

Good luck with the job hunting. What types of work are you seeking?
 
I understand, and that is a reason I share what I have learned, so you don't have to work so hard.
Thus, I hope you can relax after searching for a job and not have to search for the Scripture I shared in #8,
which is intended to be essentially or at least sufficiently all of the context you need in order to understand
God's requirement for salvation. The rest is icing on the cake (secondary doctrines on the foundational Gospel).

Good luck with the job hunting. What types of work are you seeking?
Taping and texture, construction. Janitor. Warehouse, Grocery stores. Labor work. That's all I know. I.dont know if a idea I had will work but I wrote a Christian praise song just singing to the Lord my own words. I sent it to Mercy me email fan thing. I think other people might do this stuff to but I sounded good. I hope they make something out of it and it's praised everywhere to.exault Jesus,give him glory. I have a friend a music production in Florida. I might have a God given talent I never knew. The song sounds good. It took less than 10 minutes. I'm searching high and low to do anything really.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Brasspen
Taping and texture, construction. Janitor. Warehouse, Grocery stores. Labor work. That's all I know. I.dont know if a idea I had will work but I wrote a Christian praise song just singing to the Lord my own words. I sent it to Mercy me email fan thing. I think other people might do this stuff to but I sounded good. I hope they make something out of it and it's praised everywhere to.exault Jesus,give him glory. I have a friend a music production in Florida. I might have a God given talent I never knew. The song sounds good. It took less than 10 minutes. I'm searching high and low to do anything really.

Not sure where in the USA you live, but my understanding is that the market for blue collar work is good in most places,
so hopefully you will hit the right place at the right time soon. Have you considered going to a trade school? I have heard
that some offer apprenticeships.

I also have written some songs with the musical help of Suno AI that turned out pretty well,
so I am wondering how to share them with folks other than my family and friends, but they
are what I call secular songs with biblical nuggets. I only have one blatantly biblical song.
 
yes you can find work with those skills right there. You could also find apprenticeship with it.

Praise and worship of Jesus Christ is a powerful weapon, it is very mighty against the enemy.