Questions about God talking

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 26, 2017
Hi everyone again, quick question. I have been hearing some stuff that has been sort of waking me up. It has been making me fear.... make anxiety worse and I’m confused idk what it means. Could this be God talking to me? One time I was driving and I heard contrite spirit while I was driving?

Another like last night I heard Tuesday... morning... and then I heard Futile...sorry I just don’t understand fully when it’s God... the enemy.. my own thoughts..... sorry if it’s confusing I’m not that great at explaining ...

Thanks for your time.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Hi everyone again, quick question. I have been hearing some stuff that has been sort of waking me up. It has been making me fear.... make anxiety worse and I’m confused idk what it means. Could this be God talking to me? One time I was driving and I heard contrite spirit while I was driving?

Another like last night I heard Tuesday... morning... and then I heard Futile...sorry I just don’t understand fully when it’s God... the enemy.. my own thoughts..... sorry if it’s confusing I’m not that great at explaining ...

Thanks for your time.

Not to minimize your question, I truly believe any time our Father speaks to any of us, we know, and no one has the authority to ell us otherwise.

Do you know He has spoken? If so, no other may tell you otherwise.You will be certain if it was God. If there is doubt, it probably is not our Father. Only you will know for certain.

Dec 26, 2017
Not to minimize your question, I truly believe any time our Father speaks to any of us, we know, and no one has the authority to ell us otherwise.

Do you know He has spoken? If so, no other may tell you otherwise.You will be certain if it was God. If there is doubt, it probably is not our Father. Only you will know for certain.
I’m not sure to be honest...

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
If you are not certain, yet, do not be overly concerned. If God has spoken to you, He will confirm what you have learned....otherwise it is a deception from another place.

Either way, do not fret over it, bccause God will never leave you in a lurch..God bless you.

Dec 26, 2017
If you are not certain, yet, do not be overly concerned. If God has spoken to you, He will confirm what you have learned....otherwise it is a deception from another place.

Either way, do not fret over it, bccause God will never leave you in a lurch..God bless you.
Thank you very much!! God Bless you!!

7seasrekeyed

Thanks for your time.

I'm not sure what you mean by saying you hear things? in your mind? out loud?

one thing you can greatly benefit from, is understanding that God is not confusing. He is not going to drop ship words into our minds and leave us wondering what the purpose is or who that might be from

God also does not create fear in us. You say you wake up in fear and are anxious

what you say suggests to me that you are experiencing some sort of negative input into your mind that does not source from God.

regarding fear:

2 Timothy 1:7
For God has not given us the spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.

regarding confusion:

1 Corinthians 14:33
For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.

regarding anxiety:

Philippians 4:7
And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

pray before you go to sleep...say Bible verses out loud, like the ones above (and there are many more that would help you) to remind you that what you are experiencing is not the way God wants you to feel. He does not want us fearful, confused and anxiety ridden

perhaps listen to scripture when in the car to assure you that God understands exactly what you are experiencing and He desires for you to have HIS peace...Jesus said He gives us peace that is beyond our understanding

be encouraged that you can stop being unsure of what is happening and understand that God will direct you according to His word;
that is, He will build you up and encourage you as you dig into His word and begin to understand what He has to say about the things that currently bother you

the answer is not in how you may feel about something because our feelings can change from minute to minute, but the word of God is forever and God does not change so we can count on Him at all times

Dec 26, 2017
I'm not sure what you mean by saying you hear things? in your mind? out loud?

one thing you can greatly benefit from, is understanding that God is not confusing. He is not going to drop ship words into our minds and leave us wondering what the purpose is or who that might be from

God also does not create fear in us. You say you wake up in fear and are anxious

what you say suggests to me that you are experiencing some sort of negative input into your mind that does not source from God.

regarding fear:

2 Timothy 1:7
For God has not given us the spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.

regarding confusion:

1 Corinthians 14:33
For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.

regarding anxiety:

Philippians 4:7
And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

pray before you go to sleep...say Bible verses out loud, like the ones above (and there are many more that would help you) to remind you that what you are experiencing is not the way God wants you to feel. He does not want us fearful, confused and anxiety ridden

perhaps listen to scripture when in the car to assure you that God understands exactly what you are experiencing and He desires for you to have HIS peace...Jesus said He gives us peace that is beyond our understanding

be encouraged that you can stop being unsure of what is happening and understand that God will direct you according to His word;
that is, He will build you up and encourage you as you dig into His word and begin to understand what He has to say about the things that currently bother you

the answer is not in how you may feel about something because our feelings can change from minute to minute, but the word of God is forever and God does not change so we can count on Him at all times
It’s like I woke up hearing it... or like hear it in my dream like. Sorry it’s hard for me to explain.... but it made me worry and have anxiety. I then looked up one of the things I heard and the definition and it meant useless...pointless...serving no usefulness... so I’m not sure I guess I keep thinking God is mad at me I’m not sure. Thank you for the Bible verses I will study those

I definitely want peace and be delivered from anxiety.. depression fear... thank you for replying as well!

7seasrekeyed

It’s like I woke up hearing it... or like hear it in my dream like. Sorry it’s hard for me to explain.... but it made me worry and have anxiety. I then looked up one of the things I heard and the definition and it meant useless...pointless...serving no usefulness... so I’m not sure I guess I keep thinking God is mad at me I’m not sure. Thank you for the Bible verses I will study those

I definitely want peace and be delivered from anxiety.. depression fear... thank you for replying as well!
what you are experiencing is most definitely not God. the Holy Spirit builds us up...He does not tear us down. The Holy Spirit gives us assurance of salvation; He does not make us fearful and we do not have to be fearful or wonder what is going on

God is not mad at you. please try quoting some Bible verses when this is going on. reject the lies you are 'hearing' and confess the truth of what God says about us. it will help you immensely!

God has made a way for us to have peace and that does not change. He does not want us paralyzed with fear or uncertain of whether or not He loves us

if a person is a believer and they earnestly desire to follow and live the new life God offers us through His Son, then we can be assured of our faith and our salvation through reading and even studying the Bible because these are the words of God to us

do you remember the story of the disciples in a boat crossing the Sea of Galilee and a big storm came up? Jesus was sleeping and the disciples woke Him and they accused Him of not caring if they all drowned.

Mark 4:35-41
Jesus Calms the Storm

35 That day when evening came, he said to his disciples, “Let us go over to the other side.” 36 Leaving the crowd behind, they took him along, just as he was, in the boat. There were also other boats with him. 37 A furious squall came up, and the waves broke over the boat, so that it was nearly swamped. 38 Jesus was in the stern, sleeping on a cushion. The disciples woke him and said to him, “Teacher, don’t you care if we drown?”

39 He got up, rebuked the wind and said to the waves, “Quiet! Be still!”Then the wind died down and it was completely calm.

40 He said to his disciples, “Why are you so afraid? Do you still have no faith?”

41 They were terrified and asked each other, “Who is this? Even the wind and the waves obey him!”

See, Jesus asks them why they are so afraid? He was there all the time.

it's the same with us, however we have to practice our faith and call out to Him and He will calm the storms in our lives

make sense?

Nov 26, 2012
Once when I was younger I was driving home from having a couple drinks after work. I wasn’t drunk but really tired. I dozed off. Suddenly I heard a voice from the back seat scream, “Wake up!” There was nobody there but I was alert for the ride home...and maybe even after that.

Dec 26, 2017
what you are experiencing is most definitely not God. the Holy Spirit builds us up...He does not tear us down. The Holy Spirit gives us assurance of salvation; He does not make us fearful and we do not have to be fearful or wonder what is going on

God is not mad at you. please try quoting some Bible verses when this is going on. reject the lies you are 'hearing' and confess the truth of what God says about us. it will help you immensely!

God has made a way for us to have peace and that does not change. He does not want us paralyzed with fear or uncertain of whether or not He loves us

if a person is a believer and they earnestly desire to follow and live the new life God offers us through His Son, then we can be assured of our faith and our salvation through reading and even studying the Bible because these are the words of God to us

do you remember the story of the disciples in a boat crossing the Sea of Galilee and a big storm came up? Jesus was sleeping and the disciples woke Him and they accused Him of not caring if they all drowned.

Mark 4:35-41
Jesus Calms the Storm

35 That day when evening came, he said to his disciples, “Let us go over to the other side.” 36 Leaving the crowd behind, they took him along, just as he was, in the boat. There were also other boats with him. 37 A furious squall came up, and the waves broke over the boat, so that it was nearly swamped. 38 Jesus was in the stern, sleeping on a cushion. The disciples woke him and said to him, “Teacher, don’t you care if we drown?”

39 He got up, rebuked the wind and said to the waves, “Quiet! Be still!”Then the wind died down and it was completely calm.

40 He said to his disciples, “Why are you so afraid? Do you still have no faith?”

41 They were terrified and asked each other, “Who is this? Even the wind and the waves obey him!”

See, Jesus asks them why they are so afraid? He was there all the time.

it's the same with us, however we have to practice our faith and call out to Him and He will calm the storms in our lives

make sense?
Yes it definitely make sense.. thank you for that reminder. Definitely going to practice the scriptures saying them everyday.... even every minute if I have too. Thank you again I truly appreciate it

Dec 26, 2017
Once when I was younger I was driving home from having a couple drinks after work. I wasn’t drunk but really tired. I dozed off. Suddenly I heard a voice from the back seat scream, “Wake up!” There was nobody there but I was alert for the ride home...and maybe even after that.
Really? Did you ever ponder on who it was?

Apr 15, 2017

Thanks for your time.
Does God talk to us, or are we saved by faith, which faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen, and without faith it is impossible to please God.

Joh 20:24 But Thomas, one of the twelve, called Didymus, was not with them when Jesus came.
Joh 20:25 The other disciples therefore said unto him, We have seen the Lord. But he said unto them, Except I shall see in his hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and thrust my hand into his side, I will not believe.
Joh 20:26 And after eight days again his disciples were within, and Thomas with them: then came Jesus, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, Peace be unto you.
Joh 20:27 Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing.
Joh 20:28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.
Joh 20:29 Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

Jesus told Thomas that he believed because he has seen, but blessed is the person that has not seen the resurrection of Christ that He rose from the dead, and a visible image of God.

Everyone else needs faith.

The disciples, and Paul, did not need faith for they were eyewitnesses to the resurrection of Jesus, which Jesus met Paul on the road to Damascus.

Blessed is he that has not seen but still believes, for it is based on faith, so God will not show us a visible image, or that Jesus rose from the dead.

Some people will say God talked to the disciples and Paul, but they did not need faith so it could not violate their faith.

If it is based on faith if God talked to us would it violate that faith, or does that only mean seeing but does not include hearing, for it seems as if hearing a voice from God would be a witness the same as if seeing a visible image of God, and would violate that faith.

I do know that God will not show us a visible image of Himself, or Jesus resurrected, for it is based on faith, but I do not know about the voice, although I do tend to believe He would not speak to us in an audible voice, for it would seem like it would violate our faith.

If God speaks to people that is good, but I have never heard a voice from God, and never heard a voice at all unless it was my own voice in my head, or having a memory of another's voice, or an outside voice that came from a person.

But then I am not one prone to be stressed out, which a person that has stress might hear something, especially when waking up, and lack of sleep, like people that wake up halfway between being awake and the rem stage of sleeping where they get paralyzed, but awake, and some think they hear or see something, which the body paralyzes itself when we dream so we are not moving about, and some wake up, but still kind of in the rem stage and are paralyzed for a short time.

When a person is stressed which it seems like the biggest cause of stress is overthinking, or boggling the mind with worry, and when the mind is stressed and thinking a lot words can pop up, which sometimes words can pop up that you did not think about which could freak them out, for they will say where did that come from, and when you first wake up it can happen.

And if stressed and they believe God talks to people then they might hear something and think it comes from God, like people that say they heard from their relative that had died, but did they really, for all spirits go back to God who gave them no matter how they act on earth, so they are not roaming around, and the flesh is gone, and the soul does not wander around, but either goes in to the lower parts of the earth, or is with God, so how did they hear from the person.

I will say I do not know if God talks to people in an audible voice, but I tend to think not, but don't go saying you seen a visible image of God for I will surely not buy that.

Dec 26, 2017
Does God talk to us, or are we saved by faith, which faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen, and without faith it is impossible to please God.

Joh 20:24 But Thomas, one of the twelve, called Didymus, was not with them when Jesus came.
Joh 20:25 The other disciples therefore said unto him, We have seen the Lord. But he said unto them, Except I shall see in his hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and thrust my hand into his side, I will not believe.
Joh 20:26 And after eight days again his disciples were within, and Thomas with them: then came Jesus, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, Peace be unto you.
Joh 20:27 Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing.
Joh 20:28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.
Joh 20:29 Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

Jesus told Thomas that he believed because he has seen, but blessed is the person that has not seen the resurrection of Christ that He rose from the dead, and a visible image of God.

Everyone else needs faith.

The disciples, and Paul, did not need faith for they were eyewitnesses to the resurrection of Jesus, which Jesus met Paul on the road to Damascus.

Blessed is he that has not seen but still believes, for it is based on faith, so God will not show us a visible image, or that Jesus rose from the dead.

Some people will say God talked to the disciples and Paul, but they did not need faith so it could not violate their faith.

If it is based on faith if God talked to us would it violate that faith, or does that only mean seeing but does not include hearing, for it seems as if hearing a voice from God would be a witness the same as if seeing a visible image of God, and would violate that faith.

I do know that God will not show us a visible image of Himself, or Jesus resurrected, for it is based on faith, but I do not know about the voice, although I do tend to believe He would not speak to us in an audible voice, for it would seem like it would violate our faith.

If God speaks to people that is good, but I have never heard a voice from God, and never heard a voice at all unless it was my own voice in my head, or having a memory of another's voice, or an outside voice that came from a person.

But then I am not one prone to be stressed out, which a person that has stress might hear something, especially when waking up, and lack of sleep, like people that wake up halfway between being awake and the rem stage of sleeping where they get paralyzed, but awake, and some think they hear or see something, which the body paralyzes itself when we dream so we are not moving about, and some wake up, but still kind of in the rem stage and are paralyzed for a short time.

When a person is stressed which it seems like the biggest cause of stress is overthinking, or boggling the mind with worry, and when the mind is stressed and thinking a lot words can pop up, which sometimes words can pop up that you did not think about which could freak them out, for they will say where did that come from, and when you first wake up it can happen.

And if stressed and they believe God talks to people then they might hear something and think it comes from God, like people that say they heard from their relative that had died, but did they really, for all spirits go back to God who gave them no matter how they act on earth, so they are not roaming around, and the flesh is gone, and the soul does not wander around, but either goes in to the lower parts of the earth, or is with God, so how did they hear from the person.

I will say I do not know if God talks to people in an audible voice, but I tend to think not, but don't go saying you seen a visible image of God for I will surely not buy that.
Like I have heard a lot from many people that God speaks to them audibly all of the time. I just believe them because I feel maybe God found them worthy in order to speak to them. I thought I never heard God speak because well, I’m not worthy like others.

But yes I have stress, anxiety, depression, that I’m working through one day at a time. But I’m just trusting that God will help me overcome so I can help someone else.

blueluna5

Jul 30, 2018

Thanks for your time.
No, that kinda stuff doesn't sound like God. Ask God to talk to you so you know the difference. Then just give it time, might be quick or might take a bit.

blueluna5

Jul 30, 2018
Like I have heard a lot from many people that God speaks to them audibly all of the time. I just believe them because I feel maybe God found them worthy in order to speak to them. I thought I never heard God speak because well, I’m not worthy like others.

But yes I have stress, anxiety, depression, that I’m working through one day at a time. But I’m just trusting that God will help me overcome so I can help someone else.
This makes me so sad. :(

God talks to you All. The. Time. in our thoughts. If you would like to hear God ask him to let you hear him.

Also we all struggle with anxiety and stress to a degree.

7seasrekeyed

Yes it definitely make sense.. thank you for that reminder. Definitely going to practice the scriptures saying them everyday.... even every minute if I have too. Thank you again I truly appreciate it
stick with the scripture

we do not hear God all the time and we should not be asking to hear things

God speaks to us primarily from His word and those who read their Bibles and study them know that

God does not induce fear, anxiety which in turn cause stress

you have something you can deal with. you don't have to put up with 'hearing' these things that are not God

God does not change and that is why His word is ALWAYS true

no one should be telling you that what you are hearing is God because what you are hearing is impacting you negatively

Shamah

Jan 6, 2018

Thanks for your time.
You can test the Spirits by measuring them against the Word of YHWH.

Isaiah 34:16, “Search from the book of יהוה, and read: not one of these shall be missing, not one shall be without a mate, for He has commanded my mouth. And His Spirit shall gather them.”

Mat 4:4, “But He answering, said, “It has been written, ‘Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that comes from the mouth of יהוה.” (Deut 8:3)

Isaiah 59:21, “As for Me, this is My covenant with them,” said יהוה: “My Spirit that is upon you, and My Words that I have put in your mouth, shall not be withdrawn from your mouth, nor from the mouth of your descendants, nor from the mouth of your descendants’ descendants,” said יהוה, “from this time and forever.”

Anything FROM HIM will not go against His Word, Instruction, etc. Anything FROM HIM will lead you to Him not away.

and always remember:

Isaiah 55:8-11,8 “For My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways My ways,” declares יהוה."9 “For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways, and My thoughts than your thoughts."10 “For as the rain comes down, and the snow from the heavens, and do not return there, but water the earth, and make it bring forth and bud, and give seed to the sower and bread to the eater,"11 so is My Word that goes forth from My mouth – it does not return to Me empty, but shall do what I please, and shall certainly accomplish what I sent it for."

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Hi everyone again, quick question...
When God talks to a person, He does not make him fearful, anxious, or confused, neither does He talk about futility. The best thing for you would be to spend a lot of time in the Word of God and in prayer and ask God to speak to you either way.

K

Karraster

I like reading Psalms, seems like there is always one there waiting for me to see it with fresh eyes, to read it in light of "today". Your OP made me think of Psalms 39, for in it he speaks of futility.

Dear I don't know what you are facing, or why you heard those words in your mind. The psalmist of 39 was contemplating his own mortality, and felt reduced to even a moth. Nevertheless such a low estate to him was still worthy to communicate with Almighty. Isn't that hope? Then there are other psalms joyous and jubilant and would lift any mood I think. We humans have such a range of emotion, yet must be careful not to let our emotions rule us. thank Almighty He has not left us all alone. amen.

Dec 26, 2017
No, that kinda stuff doesn't sound like God. Ask God to talk to you so you know the difference. Then just give it time, might be quick or might take a bit.
Thank you. I wasn’t too sure! God Bless you!