Quite lonely

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
My wife died a few weeks ago at the age of 59, the same age as myself. I am not looking to replace her but find that I am quite lonely. I am torn about whether I should accept a small amount of affection to alleviate the pain that I am in.

J

ji

i had losses in family.It was not easy to go through.But God will pull you through(based on experience) even if the whole world grows cold around you.That's the Power of God.
This is not vain talk,am testifying this after 100% verification in my life.
If you are not a Christian,become one.
you will never regret,because God is Faithful and sincere,not like people.
His Love is unconditional...

Feb 26, 2014
hi tourist,

thank you for sharing,
I recently lost my Granddad, and there's something i always remember which helps feel some happiness in my heart for it.

Analogy

Imagine a bunch of Ice cubes sitting on a table surface, as they slowly begin to melt the ice cubes speak among each other. "hey i don't wanna die" said one of the ice cubes, "me neither, i love this body i am in, it's fantastic". All the ice cubes were so petrified of dying.

Eventually the ice cubes did die, but what happened to them was something none of them could ever comprehend beyond their wildest expectations. they turned to water! and in their new bodies they were even so much happier than ever before, they could take up all these new forms, travel to places they never deemed possible.

Water can then be turned into stream, which is something water could not to comprehend either.
====================================

I'm sure now your wife is enjoying her new body, if you ever want a chat my inbox is open.

GBU.

Toska

Nov 16, 2013
I am very sorry for the loss of your wife. I cannot imagine the pain you feel, I have already said a prayer for you.

If you are looking for fellowship, you have come to the right place. There are many nice people here who would love to chat with you. Sometimes, talking to a stranger can be helpful. I pray that you will spend some time on the forums and get to know a few people. Hopefully, you can find some friendships here to help alleviate your pain and grief.

May 3, 2013
Be strong! That life won´t be too long. help others and that would pass away (althoUght IT´s QUITE HARD TO KEEP ON).

:(

P

psalm6819

My wife died a few weeks ago at the age of 59, the same age as myself. I am not looking to replace her but find that I am quite lonely. I am torn about whether I should accept a small amount of affection to alleviate the pain that I am in.
God Bless and comfort you Tourist,

That's what you need. There isn't anything wrong with a wholesome, comforting relationship with a friend of either sex now. That's a support system. Keep busy, enlist family and friends. Develope a new habit or hobby. Have you considered a pet? Your wife is happy, healthy and young again in the arms of Jesus. She wants you to be happy, too. God will draw near you in the night listen for His voice. He loves you and won't leave you alone. Pour your heart out to Him, He wants to comfort you. Jesus understands what it feels like to be alone, He won't forsake you. You are His precious child.

I lost my husband, Zeb to diabetes. It's very painful. There is nothing wrong with

B

bluebirdchaser

I am so sorry for your loss. You're definitely welcome here. The Bible says that we should try to carry one another's burdens, so I hope you will feel free to accept any affection offered. We're here for you, my friend. I'm praying for you.

W

ww_21

If you need someone to talk to I'm around.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Thank you for your kind words. I would have responded before now but I am new to this site and really don't know my way around. Yes, losing a spouse is quite painful. God bless you too, dear.

P

pastac

comfort and understanding for and of your loss Be blessed

JesusLives

Oct 11, 2013
Welcome to CC and so sorry for your loss. You never really get over the loss, but time helps ease the pain. God is with you and He knows and understands how you feel. Since last September 2013 I have lost a good friend, a cousin and my ex-husband to death. They knew the Lord so I expect to see them someday in heaven so that also helps ease the loss. Wishing you God's comfort and love.

D

DarlinNadia

Heavenly Father, I ask you hug and hold Tourist as he mourns his loss. Lord help him keep his eyes on you during this time and find peace and rest that only you can provide. I ask Lord that you surround him with fond memories and ease the pain he feels. I pray that you give him wisdom and keep him from turning to humankind to fill the void he feels so deeply. I pray this through Jesus Name, Amen.

Tourist, I know loss... I know the temptation to just fold... No person can fill that void you feel.. but God can. I encourage you to marinate in the word heavily... when you feel sad.. Read the Bible... when you feel lost... Read your Bible... When you feel alone... Read your Bible. Turn to God... not people .. for the comfort that you need at this time. God won't fail you and you won't be in danger of drifting away or having your heart mutilated or financial mutilation by some bottom feeding so called christian that preys on widowers. (not to scare you, but they are out there) Any increase in how you feel by means of people is fleeting... God sustains us. Trust God.

God I ask that you put a hedge of protection around tourist as he is mourning the loss of his companion.... his wife. God Bless you Tourist... remember to eat.. when I've lost loved ones in the past, i always went for long period of times without eating. Keep your strength up and sleep when you can.

JesusLives

Oct 11, 2013
It is still sad to re-read your first post but then to realize how kind God is to us to answer prayer of more than one heart. Though we can mourn together the loss of your wife we together can celebrate the life that God has now given us together and now neither of us is quite lonely. Not the end of the story but just the beginning of a new one.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
It is still sad to re-read your first post but then to realize how kind God is to us to answer prayer of more than one heart. Though we can mourn together the loss of your wife we together can celebrate the life that God has now given us together and now neither of us is quite lonely. Not the end of the story but just the beginning of a new one.
Yes, together we are writing a new story and singing a new song and our hearts beat as one.

May 3, 2013
Uffffffff!

I felt choked (and shocked) RE-READING IT now.

Now I know things ARE OK WITH YOU.

:eek:

M

MadParrotWoman

Awwwww (sniff sniff) actually Tourist having only joined CC in August I was unaware of your "history". God has a way of turning heartbreak into joy. God bless you both. xxxx

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Awwwww (sniff sniff) actually Tourist having only joined CC in August I was unaware of your "history". God has a way of turning heartbreak into joy. God bless you both. xxxx
God bless you too, my good friend.

May 3, 2013
It be enough (for me) being a distant virtual friend.

Thanks you too, bro.!