Radical Muslims, minority or majority?

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

T_Laurich

Senior Member
Mar 24, 2013
3,356
122
63
32
[video=youtube;g7TAAw3oQvg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7TAAw3oQvg[/video]
 
why should we care about a bunch of second and third world countries?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
why should we care about a bunch of second and third world countries? like if you want to be a radical in a hut feel free.

I don't know maybe the london bombings as shown here
London-bombings.jpg


The beheaded children for not denying christ... as shown here
isis-beheading-a-child-1.jpg


Female stoning.... as shown here (this woman was raped and then stoned to death because she was raped.)
357168d1335620034-woman-raped-then-murdered-stoning-dead-20female.jpg



Women having acid thrown on them.... as shown here
acid-attack-victim2.jpg




I HAVE NO CLUE WHY WE SHOULD CARE ABOUT SECOND AND THIRD WORLD COUNTRIES!

I have no clue why we should care about the fact that majority of Muslims want this...

I was just posting this because I ran out of cat pics to keep me happy... So, don't care about this
 
Last edited:
terrible things happen all over the world. I guess im just not appropriately terrified of muslims to evangelical christian standards. Better go defriend the muslims i do know or at least make sure they arent around any rocks.
 
It's pretty easy to point at the Islamic religion as the problem to solve,

but perhaps more frightful to realise that these things are mainly a reflection of backwards cultures of individual countries.

There are some pretty messed up cultural practices happening in African countries like Ethiopia who are majority Christian.

Those of us that live in countries that are heirs on the British Empire and it's legal system are very fortunate. Yes, even the former colonies known as the USA.

Christianity didn't make us this way. (But certainly helped).
 
I think we need to be very concerned about the aims of the militant Muslims and the aims of some (many?) non violent Muslims. Here are a few of my thoughts:

1. The militant Muslims want the governments in every nation in the world to be run by Muslim clerics.
2. Many peaceful Muslims want the same thing, they just don;t kill people to get their way.
3. Militant and many peaceful Muslims want Shira (spelling) Law to be the rule of every nation. This means that it would be legal in your jurisdiction for a father to kill his daughter if she showed too much skin or refused to marry a male chosen for her.
4. In November 2014 ALONE, militant Muslims killed over 5,000 people worldwide in the name of Islam.

I could go on, but I won't.

In the 1930s, people thought Hitler would not be a major player. Chambers, the PM of England, and other leaders in that time, did not take him seriously. We all know (or should know) what Hitler ended up doing.

Currently, the PM of England doesn't take the Muslim agenda seriously. I am not really sure where Pres Obama stands.

I am not sure another war is the answer, but ISIL and the Muslim agenda in general is a great threat to the world and needs to be taken seriously. :cool:
 
It's always all about you Nautilus. How negligent of you to pile undesirable unnecessary problems on others in a voting booth because it's not presently affecting you personally.

terrible things happen all over the world. I guess im just not appropriately terrified of muslims to evangelical christian standards. Better go defriend the muslims i do know or at least make sure they arent around any rocks.
 
It is because Islam is a violent, sexually immoral, totalitarian, false religious cult. The previous pagan "backwards cultures" you refer to that existed in Middle Eastern nations which became Islamic theocracies were erased by the Muslim propensity to force conversion or execute genocide that began with the Battle of Badr.

Africa does not have such a sweeping 'demolish all traces of paganism and convert to Islam or die' historical record though that certainly occurred in large parts of Africa.

And, Africans often syncreted their pagan "backwards cultures" with the far more tolerant Christianity (something they were executed for doing under Islam) resulting in those "pretty messed up" "things." The point being that when people do "messed up things" they are not adhering to genuine Christianity.

On a very positive note, Africans have been moving away from occultist paganism and the hybrid of paganism and "Christianity" they previously created toward genuine Christianity in many parts of Africa over the past few decades.

As for Ethiopia, it's important to note it is 34% Islam today. Understand that Ethiopia was once an African flower of Christendom and it occurred very early. By 330 AD, Christianity was the Ethiopian state religion. Though Muslims initially entered peacefully on good terms; as usual, Islam ruined that when a militant Muslim leader swept across Ethiopia almost causing the complete destruction of Ethiopian Christendom in 1528. He was defeated only with the help of the Portuguese.

Honestly, the emergence of Islam in the 7th century resulted in Ethiopia's Christians becoming isolated from the rest of the Christian world and it's noteworthy the resistance of Ethiopia's Christians to Muslim conquest was so fierce that despite their isolation; they remain the only region of Africa to have survived the expansion of Islam in Africa as a Christian state.

What "messed up cultural practices" in Ethiopia are you blaming on Christianity David? I'd like to know.


It's pretty easy to point at the Islamic religion as the problem to solve,

but perhaps more frightful to realise that these things are mainly a reflection of backwards cultures of individual countries.

There are some pretty messed up cultural practices happening in African countries like Ethiopia who are majority Christian.

Those of us that live in countries that are heirs on the British Empire and it's legal system are very fortunate. Yes, even the former colonies known as the USA.

Christianity didn't make us this way. (But certainly helped).
 
Last edited:
mccain.jpg


those bad muslems, i know what lets gets mccain to arm em that should sort it out. oh we did.... them bad moslems
 
You are not the sharpest tool in the shed...
Am i? Or do I just decide not to waste my time worrying about things half a world away? Like sorry some crappy country in Africa or asia has it bad. Seems about par for the course in those continents.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Am i? Or do I just decide not to waste my time worrying about things half a world away? Like sorry some crappy country in Africa or asia has it bad. Seems about par for the course in those continents.

Oh. Brother. :( You can't mean that, surely. I'm definitely not one for fear mongering, but I do believe our hearts should break for things like this... Your compassion tank seems to be running on empty. It's so easy for us to sit in America and not care, when we fail to realize that this could certainly happen here. It happens to real people. Every day. I'm not saying it needs to ruin your whole day, but I am saying you might need a little refresher course in compassion.

As for the OP. I appreciate where you're coming from, and I do know that Islamic Extremists are not such a minority as we'd like to believe. However, I am faced with this question... Where's the fruit here? What is your goal in posting this? Are you praying for those of Islam who are lost? Are you praying protection over those in their grasp? Or are you merely attempting to rally the virtual troops, as it were. With so many spiritual battles to fight, and so many things to be done, with such short time, surely we can find a more constructive way to handle our feelings over these atrocities. Don't misunderstand me. I do not, nor will I ever condone or feel apathetic about these things. I'm a mother. And it horrifies me that every one of these people is someone's child... Emphasis on EVERY ONE... Not just the victims, but the offenders.. You realize someone's heart has been so darkened that they truly think they are doing the will of Allah when they do these awful things? Here's something encouraging for all of us.

[video=youtube;2-L1KIU7lao]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-L1KIU7lao[/video]


These are dark times.. In a fallen world.. With such little hope to be found, every one of our actions and words has an impact. Condemnation or Salvation, brother? What should we be doing with what little time we have?

I'll pray for both you and Nautilus. Revelation and renewed compassion, and may he help me to understand better how to help these people, and give me the means.
 
You are not the sharpest tool in the shed...
A dull tool maintains prospects for honing.

Am i? Or do I just decide not to waste my time worrying about things half a world away? Like sorry some crappy country in Africa or asia has it bad. Seems about par for the course in those continents.
Half the world cares
While half the world is wasting the day
Half the world shares
While half the world is stealing away

Speaking specifically to Africa: So many have had a hand in shaping that country (in a negative way), the U.S included. We should care that they have it bad.
 
Am i? Or do I just decide not to waste my time worrying about things half a world away? Like sorry some crappy country in Africa or asia has it bad. Seems about par for the course in those continents.

To pray for a crappy country half a world away is not actually wasting your time… That is what being a Christian is all about. I can understand if you only want to pray for yourself and your circumstances (but to put it bluntly) that is why I see you as not the sharpest tool in the shed. If you can’t point to Africa on map that is not my problem. If you can only focus on your small world and its problems, good for you. America currently has its own set of unique problems and I think if things don’t change quickly you guys are in for the same ride as we are, in Africa… but unfortunately you are not alone. Britain, France, Germany, Holland, Spain, Greece (you can keep on naming them) have their own unique problems and a lot of these countries are also struggling with racial and religious problems.

These problems are not unique to the Middle East and Africa… also for your information your country have soldiers in these so called crappy countries and peace would be to your best interest as your taxes (or rather your parents’ taxes) are funding these wars.

To have a crappy attitude towards crappy countries is not going to change them, and if you are too scared to face the problems in these crappy countries you can at least pray for them.