Radical Muslims, minority or majority?

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A dull tool maintains prospects for honing.

We can only hope...

Half the world cares
While half the world is wasting the day
Half the world shares
While half the world is stealing away

Speaking specifically to Africa: So many have had a hand in shaping that country (in a negative way), the U.S included. We should care that they have it bad.

Africa is not a country but a continent. We are not as fortunate as America to almost have a whole continent for ourselves :) but I disagree with you that other countries are shaping Africa. Africa is being shaped by corruption and greed from certain individuals. The first world countries are turning a blind eye to problems like Zimbabwe because there is no oil. I can guarantee you if Zim had the same oil fields as the Middle East we would have seen intervention from America and Britain long ago.
 
Last edited:
We can only hope...



Africa is not a country but a continent. We are not as fortunate as America to almost have a whole continent for ourselves :) but I disagree with you that other countries are shaping Africa. Africa is being shaped by corruption and greed from certain individuals. The first world countries are turning a blind eye to problems like Zimbabwe because there is no oil. I can guarantee you if Zim had the same oil fields as the Middle East we would have seen intervention from America and Britain long ago.

Our governments seem to agree on the corruption, point. Though I know we'll never fully understand how badly you all have it. I want to thank you for posting here. I think some of us need some interaction with people in countries such as yours to be reminded that we should be concerned with world affairs. He didn't just die for America, you know.

As for the government intervention, I wouldn't hold out for that.. We seem to get further and further away from what God would have us do. I am encouraged by a lot of the humanitarian and ministry work being done there, though I wish more people would get involved. People don't realize that if they just gave up their Starbucks budget for a month, they could help break ground for a well, or provide life-saving medicines, mosquito nets, even farm animals for those in need. They always want to say "Well we have problems here in America" But there isn't anything near the suffering we see in so many African and Asian countries today. Fear not. Some of us are trying.
 
By the way, Ghandalf, I know Ebola is primarily in West Africa right now, But I pray protection over you and yours. May God guide the hands of the medical teams there and help contain the infection as best they can. It must be so hard to be on the same continent with so much suffering. Please keep your chin up, brother. There are prayers lifted up for Africa daily.
 
We are not as fortunate as America to almost have a whole continent for ourselves

Double check your geography. Australia (due south from you) is the only country to have an entire continent to itself. We Americans have to share our continent with the Canadians, somehow they stole half of it before we could.
 
Double check your geography. Australia (due south from you) is the only country to have an entire continent to itself. We Americans have to share our continent with the Canadians, somehow they stole half of it before we could.


Aw let's not get into this. Since it was ALL stolen from natives. lol
 
By the way, Ghandalf, I know Ebola is primarily in West Africa right now, But I pray protection over you and yours. May God guide the hands of the medical teams there and help contain the infection as best they can. It must be so hard to be on the same continent with so much suffering. Please keep your chin up, brother. There are prayers lifted up for Africa daily.

Thank you Hannah, fortunately we haven’t been affected by the Ebola breakout (by the grace of God) and we can only pray that it will stay that way. We are blessed in South Africa with the most beautiful nature resources and it is not all bad. Even if SA is rated as a 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] world country we have a good life here. I sometimes think that the “modern world” have far more to be worried about than us. :)
 
Double check your geography. Australia (due south from you) is the only country to have an entire continent to itself. We Americans have to share our continent with the Canadians, somehow they stole half of it before we could.

LOL, yes but compare it to SA and you will see that we are not more than 2 or maybe 3 of your biggest states put together and that was actually the point. Remember the Canadians can't populate their part of the continent due to the bad weather :) and that also goes for our Australian brothers and sisters. The habitat in the desert doesn't allow too much room for civilization...
 
Hello
May I make a statement here.. I am a Christian in a Muslim majority country but I have no problems practising my faith.
I am from Malaysia in south east Asia.
best wishes
firstaider.
 
Hello
May I make a statement here.. I am a Christian in a Muslim majority country but I have no problems practising my faith.
I am from Malaysia in south east Asia.
best wishes
firstaider.

Then you are blessed indeed! :D I'm happy that you face no persecution where you are.